Maxthon PC 7.1.7.2200 beta

MaxthonJeff

Maxthon PC 7.1.7.2200 beta

+ Added Reading Mode and Read alound switch to feature management
* Optimized browser memory usage
* Updated languages
- Fixed an issue where the complete video download showed 'file deleted' after downloading
- Fixed an issue with abnormal playback of videos downloaded using the complete video download feature
- Fixed an issue with the display of the complete video download toolbar being abnormal

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.2200/maxthon_7.1.7.2200_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.2200/maxthon_7.1.7.2200_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.2200/maxthon_portable_7.1.7.2200_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.2200/maxthon_portable_7.1.7.2200_beta_x86.zip

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

Hello!
"+ Added Reading Mode and Read alound switch to feature management"
Is "alound" similar to "aloud"!? 😉

Since Maxthon is now TEN versions behind on Chromium, updating should be your #1 priority, above absolutely everything else.

Still have the forced shortcuts for "NotePopup" - this should be optional during the installation.
Still creates a second Maxthon shortcut in Taskbar, which is then automatically removed upon first run.

Maxthon 5 used to install in 1 or 2 seconds, but 7 is taking minutes... can this be optimized!?

First impressions
1. Maxthon started without the empty locked tabs issue 👍
2. It was faster than the previous beta👍
3. It's now opened with quite a few instances than the previous beta👍 and taking less memmory (but this has to be tested in longer working periods to be sure but still promissing
4. It didn't lose the default browser taking over of links from thunderbird 👍

18 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Since Maxthon is now TEN versions behind on Chromium, updating should be your #1 priority, above absolutely everything else.

Hi MichaelC362, have already feedback to the development team and management about the update of Chromium and they will look into it.

18 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Still have the forced shortcuts for "NotePopup" - this should be optional during the installation.

This option will be added in 2400 version.

19 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Maxthon 5 used to install in 1 or 2 seconds, but 7 is taking minutes... can this be optimized!?

MX7 includes more additional new features which may require a little extra time for installation compared to MX5. However, installation should still be done within a minute or so. In case if installation takes way longer time/ hang / fail, do notify us and we will look into it immediately.

13 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
Had the little red dot telling me a new feature had been added, so clicked it, but just got blank screen:

image.thumb.png.3242352a41e9a8e0b03ea32e7a4dc8dc.png

Clicked another menu item & then back to Features & then displayed ok

Hi MichaelC362, have reported this issue to the development team.

12 hours ago, IrWin00 said:

The sad part is more and more sites stopped working with "your browser is too old" message.

Hi IrWin00, could you specify some of the website links where you encounter such message?

11 hours ago, Magdalene said:

The choice and ability to install/ not install Bright during installation has disappeared. Is Bright automatically installed now?

Hi Magdalene, I have checked with the development team on this and do be assured that BrightVPN will not be automatically installed unless user agreed to opt-in. The team has updated the download link for 2200 version and the option to install or not install BrightVPN should appear during the installation process.

11 hours ago, szyp said:

Can you add the release date when describing the new version?
https://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/27464-maxthon-release-notes/

Hi szyp, thank you for your suggestion. We will include the release date for future version releases.

59 minutes ago, lejolipoulpe said:

Good morning,
This version became unstable and slowed down while I reorganized my shortcuts (menu and thumbnails), I no longer had access to the list of my shortcuts from the favorites bar, even after restarting!
Return to version 2100 for me to correct the situation and resume my activities.
Good day

Hi lejolipoulpe, kindly make sure you install the latest version as a clean install and not install over the previous version. Do disable all extensions as well and see if you still experience same issue?

On 11/15/2023 at 3:05 PM, Mhzayer said:

(but this has to be tested in longer working periods to be sure but still promissing

After nearly a day

So far so great

It has increased up to 2100 while using YouTube videos 
which is more than great
It used to rise up to 4000+ 

For "Added full video download feature - Free trial available for a limited time during Beta testing"

I tried downloading  a video from TikTok but it seems like Maxthon is just recording any played video while streaming

It captures unwanted parts of the screen then saves it in landscape mode cutting most of it as TikTok plays it in portrait mode 

14 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

For "Added full video download feature - Free trial available for a limited time during Beta testing"

I tried downloading  a video from TikTok but it seems like Maxthon is just recording any played video while streaming

It captures unwanted parts of the screen then saves it in landscape mode cutting most of it as TikTok plays it in portrait mode 

Hi Mhzayer, bug reported. 

It was something with the data accumulated by updating Maxthon|
I did a clear browser data and could log in afterwards

2 hours ago, caligula73 said:

image.png.76915e3b505c259673421f5f107c8719.png

Sorry about that
It has to be registered to see what I meant
I could login but the site keeps spinning but not loading anything
I could manage to fix it after clearing browser data
BTW: Is there a way to clear only certain sites instead of redoing all sites?

On 11/18/2023 at 1:41 AM, Xahi4475 said:

What means new menu item "Get image description from Maxthon"? I wish you hadn't add it on menu. 😛

Hi Xahi4475, could you do a screenshot on where you see this menu item? Could you also try to disable all extensions and see if this was added by a certain extension?

Version 7.1.7.5300 has been released, with optimized operation in RAM. Personally, I didn't have a problem with this (i5-8500, 16GB RAM), but a few people reported the problem. Also fixed a bug when downloading video. I am providing this for information purposes because I had such information during installation.

On 11/20/2023 at 3:10 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Xahi4475, could you do a screenshot on where you see this menu item? Could you also try to disable all extensions and see if this was added by a certain extension?

Hello! I totally forgot about it. It was once, but I guess when I restarted Maxthon or when I restarted laptop it disappeared. Now it's not part of the menu. Interesting. If I see it again, I'll tell you with screenshot. 

On 11/20/2023 at 3:10 AM, BugSir009 said:

OK, now I think that message was instead of "Switch to Reader View". So, I forgot if I installed extension Reader View or it's part of Maxthon. But, no need to disable it. It's OK in new build 5300 too.

Archived