7.0.0.1900 Beta

MaxthonJeff

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.0.1900/maxthon_7.0.0.1900_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.0.1900/maxthon_7.0.0.1900_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.0.1900/maxthon_portable_7.0.0.1900_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.0.1900/maxthon_portable_7.0.0.1900_beta_x86.zip

+ maxnote: Added adjust sidebar and list view width
+ maxnote: Added drag to move item and reorder
+ maxnote: Added on/off button for the toolbar
+ Added "pin current window" to menu->more tools
+ Added shortcut for "pin current window"
* Updated Translations
- maxnote: Fixed toolbar did not update after multi-selection
- Fixed "could not replace current browser during installation" problem
- Fixed a sync caused crash

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

6 hours ago, capota said:

In MaxNote I can't find where I can select card or list view. Can you help me or this option no longer exists. From version 1700 it is just the list.

Hi capota, yes this feature has been removed. I will add in your request for the team's consideration.

So, while I'm absolutely FOR you working on "little features" which give us users actual ISSUES when using the browser, that we need fixed or added, I don't understand why you're working on "non-priority" Features, like the ones you added to Maxnote, and others you've done?

I mean, just one BIG Feature you need to Add is Password Import & Export.
I don't think you realize how many users you likely lose because they can't "import" their YEARS of passwords with another browser that allows export at least.

I mean, I almost didn't start using Maxthon because of this, having to entirely start over.

There are of course other little nuances I'm STILL needing fixed that irritate me, though you have gotten most of the biggest (see the Features Suggestion Forum for what I still need mostly), but something as BIG as the above missing Feature, should be a priority.  There are several browsers now that have this feature, you can just look at them to see how they do it.

The release notes say that the translations have been updated. Since the beginning of version 7.x, there are no complete translations. There is no QA settings section in the pl.ini file at all. I manually copied the appropriate fragment from the US.ini file to pl.ini and translated it, photo below.
I fully support @leeuniverse's comment about the lack of Import / Export Passwords

MX7-QA.jpg

links from thunderbird not opening in maxthon now after updating to this latest version
Update:
after changing default browser to Chrome and clicking links in thunderbird that worked 
setting Maxthon as default browser fixed the problem

8 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

So, while I'm absolutely FOR you working on "little features" which give us users actual ISSUES when using the browser, that we need fixed or added, I don't understand why you're working on "non-priority" Features, like the ones you added to Maxnote, and others you've done?

I mean, just one BIG Feature you need to Add is Password Import & Export.
I don't think you realize how many users you likely lose because they can't "import" their YEARS of passwords with another browser that allows export at least.

I mean, I almost didn't start using Maxthon because of this, having to entirely start over.

There are of course other little nuances I'm STILL needing fixed that irritate me, though you have gotten most of the biggest (see the Features Suggestion Forum for what I still need mostly), but something as BIG as the above missing Feature, should be a priority.  There are several browsers now that have this feature, you can just look at them to see how they do it.

Hi leeuniverse, currently we support the importing of saved passwords from other browsers. You can go to Settings > General > Account Information > Import local data and html file > select the browser and click on saved passwords to import the data over. As for exporting, I have already put in the request for the team's planning and discussion.

image.png

image.png

8 hours ago, Refix2 said:

The release notes say that the translations have been updated. Since the beginning of version 7.x, there are no complete translations. There is no QA settings section in the pl.ini file at all. I manually copied the appropriate fragment from the US.ini file to pl.ini and translated it, photo below.
I fully support @leeuniverse's comment about the lack of Import / Export Passwords

MX7-QA.jpg

Hi Refix2, our apologies. I have reported this bug to the team for them to look into it. They will try to fix and optimize this section as soon as possible.

14 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Hi Magdalene, I have tried adding this extension and also relaunch the browser a few times to test on this issue but could not reproduce the same error. Could you backup your user data and login again to see if this issue persist?

11 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi leeuniverse, currently we support the importing of saved passwords from other browsers. You can go to Settings > General > Account Information > Import local data and html file > select the browser and click on saved passwords to import the data over. As for exporting, I have already put in the request for the team's planning and discussion.

image.png

Hmmm....

You must ONLY support "certain" browsers then I'm guessing?
Cause I'm only showing "Internet Explorer" as a browser I can import from and NONE of the options are "Saved Passwords" cause you can't get their passwords I'm guessing?

I have Edge, Vivaldi installed, both of which can Import and Export I believe, think I just saw it in Edge, and I know Vivaldi can?  I also have 360Chrome which I think still can't export their pw's either, which was the browser I started using after Maxthon Classic since the Standalone Maxthon was bloated and didn't have good extensions anymore like Classic did, so all my PW's are in it.

There IS a "Standard" Format and File Type browsers use, such as Vivaldi, so you need to make it so we can IMPORT that File type, just put a note in the Import telling us to make sure we are using that Column Naming format and file type on import.

It's a .CSV file, and it has 4 Columns:
- name
- url
- username
- password

I see in PassKeeper you're calling those columns Title, Websites, Account, Password, though don't know you're "internal" naming convention?
You might actually want to "rename" those columns for consistency to the above normal Standard?

Should be fairly simple to add...

Thanks

59 minutes ago, leeuniverse said:

Hmmm....

You must ONLY support "certain" browsers then I'm guessing?
Cause I'm only showing "Internet Explorer" as a browser I can import from and NONE of the options are "Saved Passwords" cause you can't get their passwords I'm guessing?

I have Edge, Vivaldi installed, both of which can Import and Export I believe, think I just saw it in Edge, and I know Vivaldi can?  I also have 360Chrome which I think still can't export their pw's either, which was the browser I started using after Maxthon Classic since the Standalone Maxthon was bloated and didn't have good extensions anymore like Classic did, so all my PW's are in it.

There IS a "Standard" Format and File Type browsers use, such as Vivaldi, so you need to make it so we can IMPORT that File type, just put a note in the Import telling us to make sure we are using that Column Naming format and file type on import.

It's a .CSV file, and it has 4 Columns:
- name
- url
- username
- password

I see in PassKeeper you're calling those columns Title, Websites, Account, Password, though don't know you're "internal" naming convention?
You might actually want to "rename" those columns for consistency to the above normal Standard?

Should be fairly simple to add...

Thanks

you realize Edge and Vivaldi are ALSO Chromium-based browsers, just like Maxthon right ?
you CAN import html exports of bookmarks, history and passwords into Maxthon by choosing 'Chrome', just like you can in vivaldi, edge, chrome... (and you can't import internet explorer passwords as html in vivaldi or chrome either...)

it also would be NICE to stop using CAPS every now and then....

Hi Magdalene, I have tried adding this extension and also relaunch the browser a few times to test on this issue but could not reproduce the same error. Could you backup your user data and login again to see if this issue persist?

I'm not logged in. I just use guest account. It's happening in exe and portable (both x64).

On 3/22/2023 at 1:21 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Ben.L.Salomon, could you test out skyshowtime issue with the test version attached?

Chromium_108(1).zipUnavailable

The name of this file implies you're using Chromium v108... Surely, that's not going to be the one you upgrade 103 to!?

For greater compatibility, really 109, the last version that supports Windows 7 would be better, but for fixes & security, ONLY the latest version should be used.

Again I say, latest stable Chromium for Maxthon stable & latest Chromium beta for Maxthon beta would give the best user experience.

22 hours ago, xxxxx said:

you CAN import html exports of bookmarks, history and passwords into Maxthon by choosing 'Chrome'

Like I said, there is ONLY an Import option for "Internet Explorer", and of course HTML Bookmarks.

There is no "Chrome" option for importing ANYTHING, let alone Passwords.  On 64bit Install version. @BugSir009

I'm 51 years old and have been using Maxthon since it was MyIE2, so what, 20+ years?, and I'm a computer expert.
Not an idiot...  And I'm well aware how Internet Explorer works, which is why it was a throwaway statement in the form of a "question", and I use Caps in a reasonable and moderate manner, so spare me your a hillary.

2 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

Like I said, there is ONLY an Import option for "Internet Explorer", and of course HTML Bookmarks.

There is no "Chrome" option for importing ANYTHING, let alone Passwords.  On 64bit Install version. @BugSir009

I'm 51 years old and have been using Maxthon since it was MyIE2, so what, 20+ years?, and I'm a computer expert.
Not an idiot...  And I'm well aware how Internet Explorer works, which is why it was a throwaway statement in the form of a "question", and I use Caps in a reasonable and moderate manner, so spare me your a hillary.

It seems, Maxthon only lists the browsers you have installed for importing - so if Internet Explorer & Edge are present (usually are, unless Windows 11, which doesn't have IE), they'll be listed, but if Chrome or Firefox aren't installed, they'll not be listed.

Would be nice if other 'Chromium' browsers would be supported too (e.g. Chromium, Brave, Vivaldi, etc) as likely to use same file format (it's possible they might already be included as I rarely see computers using them & I wouldn't (having tried them!))

5 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

It seems, Maxthon only lists the browsers you have installed for importing - so if Internet Explorer & Edge are present (usually are, unless Windows 11, which doesn't have IE), they'll be listed, but if Chrome or Firefox aren't installed, they'll not be listed.

Would be nice if other 'Chromium' browsers would be supported too (e.g. Chromium, Brave, Vivaldi, etc) as likely to use same file format (it's possible they might already be included as I rarely see computers using them & I wouldn't (having tried them!))

Sounds like it, but I also have Edge Installed and it's not showing either.
Though, maybe Maxthon is confused, because I also have "Edge Canary" installed, so maybe it's not listing either one because of that?

Archived