Maxthon PC 7.1.8.8000 beta

BugSir009

Maxthon PC 7.1.8.8000 beta

+ Added shortcuts for Search Tabs and Passkeeper, which can be modified in Settings -> Gestures and Shortcuts -> Shortcut Management -> More Shortcuts.
* Updated multilingual translations.
- Fixed the issue where right-clicking the New Tab button was ineffective.
- Fixed the abnormal video muting issue.
- Fixed known crashes.

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.8000/maxthon_7.1.8.8000_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.8000/maxthon_7.1.8.8000_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.8000/maxthon_portable_7.1.8.8000_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.8000/maxthon_portable_7.1.8.8000_beta_x86.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hello!
Didn't auto-update or alert me to the update, but after manually installing, when complete & I clicked the restart button, after a pause Windows prompted me for administration permission... Since installation was apparently complete, what was that for!?

No surprises we're still on Chromium 109.

In my previous post, I commented but didn't get a reply to: surely, from a developer point of view, the Chromium core is just a bunch of APIs, so to use a newer core, you just update the APIs!?  It's not logical you'd start with Chromium browser source code & then make changes & add in all the Maxthon elements... Please confirm.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
Didn't auto-update or alert me to the update, but after manually installing, when complete & I clicked the restart button, after a pause Windows prompted me for administration permission... Since installation was apparently complete, what was that for!?

Hi MichaelC362, the auto-update has not been officially released from our backend yet. There could be some further updates and the backend will push the update once everything is finalised.

14 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

In my previous post, I commented but didn't get a reply to: surely, from a developer point of view, the Chromium core is just a bunch of APIs, so to use a newer core, you just update the APIs!?  It's not logical you'd start with Chromium browser source code & then make changes & add in all the Maxthon elements... Please confirm.

I have tried to verify this with the development team and yes, they will update the Chromium starting with the Chromium browser source code and merge it to Maxthon's.

7 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi MichaelC362, the auto-update has not been officially released from our backend yet. There could be some further updates and the backend will push the update once everything is finalised.

Hello!
Ok, but why did I get a access permission request AFTER Maxthon had apparently finished installing?

3 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
Ok, but why did I get a access permission request AFTER Maxthon had apparently finished installing?

Maxthon is your default browser? The reason may be administrative file/protocol settings.

1 hour ago, saman_rm said:

After installing this version, when running the software, the program closes quickly and by itself. I had to go back to the 7600 version.

This problem does not occur for me (Win'11 Pro), try to install Maxthon again but first clear the Cache

Всем привет! Лично мне уже не интересно обновлять очередную бета-версию. Пустая трата времени на сомнительные эксперименты. Бесконечные обновления ради обновлений не интересны. Просто жду выпуска официальной версии...😂

Edited by TVGSTR

15 minutes ago, TVGSTR said:

Всем привет! Лично мне уже не интересно обновлять очередную бета-версию. Пустая трата времени на сомнительные эксперименты. Бесконечные обновления ради обновлений не интересны. Просто жду выпуска официальной версии...

We are happy for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, observer said:

Maxthon is your default browser? The reason may be administrative file/protocol settings.

Maxthon is the default (no others installed (except awful Edge)), but the installation had completely finished & I'd already given administrative permission during the installation.  But, as you say, it could have been taking over file/protocol settings, which really, it should have prompted or at least alerted me to, during the installation!

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 3:37 AM, BugSir009 said:

I have tried to verify this with the development team and yes, they will update the Chromium starting with the Chromium browser source code and merge it to Maxthon's.

That seems HIGHLY unlikely... it would effectively amount to a complete rewrite every time there was a core update (obviously, as Maxthon only update the core every few years, that may not seem so bad to them! 🤐).  If, (I doubt!) as you have said before, the development team are 'working on the core update' that must mean they started, again & again, every time a new core came out, but rather than complete the work, they just abandoned it when the next core was released.  This simply can't be true! 😕

Do you have telemetry data for Windows versions in use & if so, what's the percentages for 7 & 8?

Since (as mentioned previously), someone else has a forked version of Chromium that even works on XP, but still has the feature set & security of current Chromium, if you're so fussed about losing Windows 7 & 8 users, why not do the same for Maxthon!?

• Like 1

On 4/8/2024 at 3:00 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Don't bother 
It's the same thing since Maxthon is kept for compatibility to older windows because of the huge users in China 
This can go on forever

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Since (as mentioned previously), someone else has a forked version of Chromium that even works on XP, but still has the feature set & security of current Chromium, if you're so fussed about losing Windows 7 & 8 users, why not do the same for Maxthon!?

They've opted for the hardest path 
They can do as other chromium based browsers are doing and all windows 11 users will be happy
But that would make older windows users not happy 
and going for 2 Maxthon versions 1 for win11 and 1 for older windows is beyond their capabilities 
So we should wait for a genius Dev that's will magically come up with a new Maxthon that surpasses all other browsers 
We still can dream 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, alexzhus said:

Hi! Today, after starting the system, the browser refused to start. You click on the shortcut and nothing happens. There is also nothing in system processes according to Maxton. I had to restart the browser installation.

Hi alexzhus, there was a push update from the backend so kindly monitor if same issue persist.

16 hours ago, projektilski said:

In this version, the number of not visible tabs is still not shown properly

image.png.e0937c8cee4df158a551c5056344d76b.png

Hi projektilski, the development team is redesigning this portion and will optimize it in future version.

12 hours ago, grisp1 said:

Hello @BugSir009,

The new 'Search Tabs' dropdown isn't properly drawn on high-scale screen settings (4k / 150% / Windows 10):

image.png.c10f62a55b43e96b90827d1d566c5e6d.png

Hi grisp1, bug reported.

45 minutes ago, Pablo(92131) said:

Hi Pablo(92131), do you have any extensions in place? I tried clicking on a few links through the website link you provided and it loads well.

20 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Pablo(92131), do you have any extensions in place? I tried clicking on a few links through the website link you provided and it loads well.

Weird. I disabled all extensions and it worked. Then turned them back one by one and now it works!

• Like 1

Today, when I started it for the first time, Maxton itself opened 2 tabs, which I opened 4 days ago, after which it successfully froze. Through Windows Task Manager, I terminated 3 Maxton processes from 9-11, after which the computer stopped responding. I had to restart Windows using the reset button.
This is the second time that this version of Maxton behaves in an incomprehensible way; this did not happen in earlier versions.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 4:48 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi projektilski, the development team is redesigning this portion and will optimize it in future version.

Yeah, it worked fine but was broken many releases ago and still not fixed. Redesign or not, I think this is a simple fix 😉

3 hours ago, alexzhus said:

Today, when I started it for the first time, Maxton itself opened 2 tabs, which I opened 4 days ago, after which it successfully froze. Through Windows Task Manager, I terminated 3 Maxton processes from 9-11, after which the computer stopped responding. I had to restart Windows using the reset button.
This is the second time that this version of Maxton behaves in an incomprehensible way; this did not happen in earlier versions.

Hi alexzhus, could you try again by disabling hardware acceleration?

"Today, when I started it for the first time, Maxton itself opened 2 tabs, which I opened 4 days ago, after which it successfully froze. Through Windows Task Manager, I terminated 3 Maxton processes from 9-11, after which the computer stopped responding. I had to restart Windows using the reset button.
This is the second time that this version of Maxton behaves in an incomprehensible way; this did not happen in earlier versions."

This has been happening a lot recently with X64 Portable. Not X64 exe. This occurs a lot when using The Guardian website and reading their comments pages. 

Edited by Magdalene

On 4/8/2024 at 12:47 PM, BugSir009 said:

Hello. Regarding problems with bookmark synchronization. On version 7.1.8.8000 the synchronization process is successful. But in reality the bookmarks are not synchronized. Those. no changes occur, although the synchronization status is successful.

On 4/12/2024 at 4:13 PM, alexzhus said:

So the problem is not permanent. Is there any reason?

Hi alexzhus, hardware acceleration mode might not be suitable to apply on all PCs.

On 4/12/2024 at 11:25 PM, Magdalene said:

"Today, when I started it for the first time, Maxton itself opened 2 tabs, which I opened 4 days ago, after which it successfully froze. Through Windows Task Manager, I terminated 3 Maxton processes from 9-11, after which the computer stopped responding. I had to restart Windows using the reset button.
This is the second time that this version of Maxton behaves in an incomprehensible way; this did not happen in earlier versions."

This has been happening a lot recently with X64 Portable. Not X64 exe. This occurs a lot when using The Guardian website and reading their comments pages. 

Hi Magdalene, have you tried disabling hardware acceleration mode?

8 hours ago, KSab said:

Hello. Regarding problems with bookmark synchronization. On version 7.1.8.8000 the synchronization process is successful. But in reality the bookmarks are not synchronized. Those. no changes occur, although the synchronization status is successful.

Hi KSab, bug reported.

3 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi alexzhus, hardware acceleration mode might not be suitable to apply on all PCs.

Hi! It has always been turned on since 2013. And suddenly it may not come up?

Moreover, this only appeared on this version of the browser. This didn't happen before.

Edited by alexzhus