Maxthon Beta 7.0.2.2800

BugSir009

7.0.2.2800 Beta

+ Add "show most favorites on bookmark bar"
+ Add the option to open a new tab by double-clicking the title in the Maxthon Note/Sidebar Note
* Renamed the quick note to note popup and Optimized UX
* Optimize the layout of the new tab page and messages
- Fix the issue of abnormal list records in Little Bee
- Fix the issue where some pages do not support super drag and drop
- Fix the inaccurate word count issue in Maxthon Notes
- Fix the issue of select all abnormality in Maxthon Notes
- Fix the issue of multiple language errors in URL detection on the bookmark management page
- Fix known crash issues

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.2800/maxthon_7.0.2.2800_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.2800/maxthon_7.0.2.2800_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.2800/maxthon_portable_7.0.2.2800_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.2800/maxthon_portable_7.0.2.2800_beta_x86.zip

7 minutes ago, una00 said:

Please return to the old size of the cards in quick access, they are now too large and not transparent

I think you can increase the number of items per row to make them smaller that way in the settings of quick access under "Layout". Or did you mean something else perhaps? I sadly didn't see a slider or the like for transparency yet.

1 hour ago, BugSir009 said:

+ Add "show most favorites on bookmark bar"

Where is this? I've been searching in settings and MaxNote but can't seem to find it.

Also, would it be possible to add super drag and drop for PDF files? I would like to request that if possible. Otherwise, if someone could point me to an extension for that, I would be grateful.

36 minutes ago, Muno said:

Where is this? I've been searching in settings and MaxNote but can't seem to find it.

Hi Muno, do make sure you have enable Super Bookmarks in Settings. Once that is done, you can go into MaxNote and will be able to mark notes as favourite by clicking on the 'heart' icon and it will be reflected in red on the bookmarks bar.

image.png

image.png

43 minutes ago, Muno said:

Also, would it be possible to add super drag and drop for PDF files? I would like to request that if possible.

Request recorded.

1 hour ago, BugSir009 said:

Once that is done, you can go into MaxNote and will be able to mark notes as favourite by clicking on the 'heart' icon and it will be reflected in red on the bookmarks bar.

I see, I was wondering if notes being red in the bookmarks bar was new. This is nice but I had understood this update as adding the "My Most Favorites" folder from MaxNote to the bookmarks bar. Would that be possible? If not, then I would like to request this.

Deezer.com streaming web app stopped working for me with the recent Maxthon releases. Can you please verify if the problem is not for instance in an outdated browser core? Neither MS Edge nor Firefox exhibit similar malfunction and work flawlessly with Deezer.

Sorry, I take it back. The browser just needed to clear all cookies for some reason. Deezer works fine now 🙂

2 hours ago, phoenix-76 said:

Deezer.com streaming web app stopped working for me with the recent Maxthon releases. Can you please verify if the problem is not for instance in an outdated browser core? Neither MS Edge nor Firefox exhibit similar malfunction and work flawlessly with Deezer.

Sorry, I take it back. The browser just needed to clear all cookies for some reason. Deezer works fine now 🙂

May be a side effect of downgrade 109 to 108

See ya, Ldfa.

maxthonfr.png ldfaforum.png getmaxthon.png

1 hour ago, una00 said:

This is huge, reduce it as it was

2023-07-11_181022.jpg

Yeah. It is good that they are bigger than before (at times too small for my monitor), but the current state is quite the oposite direction, and a bit of an overkill. So it will be good if these tiles are smaller, but not exactly tiny as in previous versions.

5 hours ago, una00 said:

This is huge, reduce it as it was

2023-07-11_181022.jpg

For me using the whole page is much better
But I do agree using huge tiles isn't a good idea
They should have kept the old tiles sizes while utilizing the empty spaces 

16 hours ago, Muno said:

I see, I was wondering if notes being red in the bookmarks bar was new. This is nice but I had understood this update as adding the "My Most Favorites" folder from MaxNote to the bookmarks bar. Would that be possible? If not, then I would like to request this.

Hi Muno, request recorded.

Hello, I have a minor bug report. With a couple of recent releases, when the Maxthon window is not in focus, the minimize/restore/close buttons keep disappearing. It happens to me on both Windows 10 and Windows 11 systems. Could you please look into this issue?

image.png.e8794210115285ffc3dd2066eff3260c.png

Hello!

To address the 'too large' shortcuts on QA, simply add a margin size 'slider' to layout settings.

As the 'gutter' size is increased, the shortcut size will reduce accordingly (going onto more rows).

That'll get around the current issue, should please most people & is easy to implement.

1 hour ago, phoenix-76 said:

Hello, I have a minor bug report. With a couple of recent releases, when the Maxthon window is not in focus, the minimize/restore/close buttons keep disappearing. It happens to me on both Windows 10 and Windows 11 systems. Could you please look into this issue?

image.png.e8794210115285ffc3dd2066eff3260c.png

Hi phoenix-76, may I know what theme are you using?

59 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

To address the 'too large' shortcuts on QA, simply add a margin size 'slider' to layout settings.

As the 'gutter' size is increased, the shortcut size will reduce accordingly (going onto more rows).

That'll get around the current issue, should please most people & is easy to implement.

Hi MichaelC362, thanks for the suggestion! Have already forwarded your suggestion to the product team for their planning and consideration :)

Hello.
Where are thumbnails of tiles from the Quick Access Toolbar stored? On server??? I only found small previews in the user settings folder. The first launch of the browser always takes a very long time and it happens that my shortcuts do not load and the standard panel is shown to me. In this case, the account is always logged in. Therefore, I would very much like labels to have the following properties: 1. Stored locally. 2. Since Maxthon often fails to correctly render a page on a tile, the ability to apply a custom image is needed. 3. For the same reason, you need a visible signature of the site name, and not like now, when the name is shown only after hovering over.

22 hours ago, SirNasso said:

Ага. Хорошо, что они больше, чем раньше (иногда слишком малы для моего монитора), но текущее состояние совершенно противоположное и немного избыточное. Так что будет хорошо, если эти тайлы будут поменьше, но не совсем крошечные, как в предыдущих вариантах.

I like the current settings. Now tiles with almost the same size fit more. And the number of columns that can be made up to 12 has increased. 

Only one point - they can still be raised a little higher, closer to the top edge.

Variant on version 2500.

image.thumb.png.e90641987082ebbafae989163dcc0b93.png

Variant on version 2800.

image.thumb.png.f53d4172ee34f467a2c314936de1a1a6.png

On 11.07.2023 at 11:16, una00 said:

Пожалуйста, верните старые размеры карточек в быстром доступе, они теперь слишком большие и не прозрачные

Have you tried changing the number of columns in the panel settings? Now their maximum number is 12 and the size is well regulated.

Sidebar resizing does not work in MaxNote. The cursor remains on the line and the border cannot be changed. This has been going on for several versions.

1 hour ago, Chemodan said:

Have you tried changing the number of columns in the panel settings? Now their maximum number is 12 and the size is well regulated.

Sidebar resizing does not work in MaxNote. The cursor remains on the line and the border cannot be changed. This has been going on for several versions.

You're right 
Now it's perfect for me

quick access page.png

21 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi phoenix-76, may I know what theme are you using?

Hi @BugSir009, thank you for the hint. It immediately helped me to fix my problem through re-applying the custom theme from the Theme Store. I've been using Black & White theme (bottom right). Wish it was part of the featured set in the standard MX release 🙂 Thanks again, have a nice day!

image.thumb.png.afc0bd8cd1c9ba7d4f543d2ff39fa4c5.png

22 hours ago, DARKSTORM said:

There's a bug when adding a shorcut in new tab manually.

Select one, it will reflect as the one you are adding. Select another and it will do nothing.

Hi DARKSTORM, I could not reproduce same error on my end. Could you kindly send me a video on this issue so we could do a further check?

On 7/12/2023 at 12:20 AM, Mhzayer said:

For me using the whole page is much better
But I do agree using huge tiles isn't a good idea
They should have kept the old tiles sizes while utilizing the empty spaces 

I just noticed, that on monitor with 16:10 resolution (not 16:9) they look normal. Tried it on one of the PCs in the office that has a monitor with 1680x1050 resolution, and there everything looks normal. On the other PCs, that use FullHD 16:9 resulution, and my home PC with 1440p resolution, the tiles are too big. So, maybe, the culprit is some incorrect scaling.

Archived