MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.2500

BugSir006

Hello!

1. Version 6.1.2.2401 (64-bit) 0816 (installed), obviously didn't auto or manual update, which has never worked & still reported it was up-to-date

2. Once again (last 3 versions), after Mx6 starts, quick launch not displayed, all plugins crash, high CPU, browser constantly refreshing so can't get F12 developer mode to show whatever you wanted to see last time.

image.thumb.png.142d4a6c3a6cff546fdb475002696024.png

Well... I tried this version to see if it performed like it should. STILL slow to load things, even the internal settings page!)

Went back (once again!) to version 1900, which works like a browser should.

Congratulations... you have gone from what WAS the world's fastest browser to what has to be the slowest.

Here in America, we'd call this thing a "real dog".

The problem of previous versions has not been fixed.

Version 6.1.2.2500 (64-bit) 0820 (installed). Windows 7 (64-bit).

After starting in 10-15 seconds, the browser freezes for the same 10-15 seconds. The scroll stops working, nothing can be pressed (bookmarks, settings, etc.) After the freeze is over, then everything works well. Observed since version 6.1.2.1900. On version 6.1.2.1801, everything works without freezes.

On 8/21/2021 at 7:16 AM, Bosco said:

Hope next version will be fix, thanks ??

"In download popup, the display now needs to be scrolled for longer filenames to click on open file or folder..."

"Browser can't present screen problem"

Hi Bosco, this issue will be optimized in the future version. ?

On 8/21/2021 at 3:10 PM, MichaelC362 said:

2. Once again (last 3 versions), after Mx6 starts, quick launch not displayed, all plugins crash, high CPU, browser constantly refreshing so can't get F12 developer mode to show whatever you wanted to see last time.

Hi MichaelC362, could you send the log files to me?

To find the log files, you could go to the installation path, for example: C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Local\Maxthon\Application\User Data\Log Files

20 hours ago, Golfmann said:

Well... I tried this version to see if it performed like it should. STILL slow to load things, even the internal settings page!)

Hi Goldmann, could you try this issue in the latest fresh portable version and provide us a video of it?

https://dl.maxthon.com/mx6/maxthon_portable_6.1.2.2500_beta_x86.zip

17 hours ago, alexzhus said:

The problem of previous versions has not been fixed.

Version 6.1.2.2500 (64-bit) 0820 (installed). Windows 7 (64-bit).

After starting in 10-15 seconds, the browser freezes for the same 10-15 seconds. The scroll stops working, nothing can be pressed (bookmarks, settings, etc.) After the freeze is over, then everything works well. Observed since version 6.1.2.1900. On version 6.1.2.1801, everything works without freezes.

Hi alexzhus, you mean after the screen turned off and turned it on again?

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Goldmann, could you try this issue in the latest fresh portable version and provide us a video of it?

https://dl.maxthon.com/mx6/maxthon_portable_6.1.2.2500_beta_x86.zip

I don't have a portable, I have a desktop.
WHY should this be something I have to work around, record, and why is it MY problem?
I'll stay with 19.

Some old issue come back.

Again, the screenCapture resizes the screen while capturing somethig.  Perhaps dual monitor configuration -with different resolution- is the cause?

Any way this was a problem for several release, an was fixed last two or three versions. Now is present again

:(

15 hours ago, TarMaster said:

Hi! Bookmark vertical or horizontal scrolling (scrollbar) problem not yet fixed in 6.1.2.2500 version ?
Maybe in next version?

MX5 bookmarks:
mx5_bookmarks.jpg.cb26fe385e0d6d807c94a9008c75e3fa.jpg

MX6 bookmarks
mx6_bookmarks2.thumb.jpg.acc813127a181f91a43f5d2c87459269.jpg

Hi TarMaster, the development team will definitely look into this and add it in for future version. Appreciate your understanding on this.

3 hours ago, avegaweiss said:

Some old issue come back.

Again, the screenCapture resizes the screen while capturing somethig.  Perhaps dual monitor configuration -with different resolution- is the cause?

Any way this was a problem for several release, an was fixed last two or three versions. Now is present again

:(

Hi avegaweiss, could you kindly record a video of this issue for us so we could see how your screen was resized during screen capturing?

8 hours ago, Golfmann said:

I don't have a portable, I have a desktop.
WHY should this be something I have to work around, record, and why is it MY problem?
I'll stay with 19.

Hi Golfmann, we tried to test this issue on our end but haven't reproduced it. Could you provide us a video of this issue? 

1 hour ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Here's the log files you asked for, re. after upgrading, quick launch + all plugins crash, page constantly refreshes, high CPU, have to exit... been the same for the last 3 versions!

615108932_LogFiles.7z 7.07 MB · 1 download

Hi MichaelC362, thank you for your help! The file has been forwarded to the dev team for analysis.

Could you try to switch the startup page to another option then try this issue again?

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi alexzhus, could you provide me a complete video of it? I will test it again and forward it to the dev team for analysis.

Here are 2 videos. On one, continuous scrolling of the page, on the second, constant clicking on the menu.

Scroll

Menu

On 8/24/2021 at 8:36 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, thank you for your help! The file has been forwarded to the dev team for analysis.

Could you try to switch the startup page to another option then try this issue again?

It only occurs when installing a new version, so I'll change the startup before installing a new one when released & report.

However, as all plugins crash & after exit Mx6 & reload, everything is ok, I don't really see the startup page, whatever it may be (quick launch, blank, webpage, etc), is a factor

+ Added the option to the right-click menu for searching the selected content

+ Added the calendar option to the History page

Thank you guys for adding my suggestions. Now please fix the history import issue from mx5 before the public release version so that when mx6 installer claims perfect migration from mx5 it will be true and one can finally remove mx5.

14 hours ago, thereddevilrulez said:

Now please fix the history import issue from mx5 before the public release version so that when mx6 installer claims perfect migration from mx5 it will be true and one can finally remove mx5.

Hi thereddevilrulez, may I know if you encounter any error/bug while trying to import the history record from MX5?

On 8/23/2021 at 2:05 PM, TarMaster said:

Hi! Bookmark vertical or horizontal scrolling (scrollbar) problem not yet fixed in 6.1.2.2500 version ?
Maybe in next version?

MX5 bookmarks:
mx5_bookmarks.jpg.cb26fe385e0d6d807c94a9008c75e3fa.jpg

MX6 bookmarks
mx6_bookmarks2.thumb.jpg.acc813127a181f91a43f5d2c87459269.jpg

I have already written more than 10 versions to them about it! No result!!!

They are doing all sorts of nonsense, and this important thing cannot be done in any way! Therefore, I still use version 5.

It is very inconvenient to use bookmarks without horizontal scrolling!!!

2 hours ago, UserMx5 said:

I have already written more than 10 versions to them about it! No result!!!

They are doing all sorts of nonsense, and this important thing cannot be done in any way! Therefore, I still use version 5.

It is very inconvenient to use bookmarks without horizontal scrolling!!!

Hi UserMx5, we have already put in the request for this. Please understand that the development team has to look into each request submitted and bug occurs on a daily basis. They are trying their best to incorporate every request as much as possible and this require time and effort. We seek your patience for this and do be assured that this scrolling function will be added in subsequently.

Archived