MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.1700

BugSir006

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

The start menu shortcut icon & the taskbar pinned icon are not updated to the dark Mx6 icon.

When minimized, the system tray icon is still the old light blue (Mx5) icon.

If going to Passkeeper website, when logging in says "Successfully" instead of "Success"

2 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

maxthon 1700 cannot open links from external sources 
I got the old problem back in this version 1700 it was ok in 1600 
I had it in some earlier versions too

I can open saved html and mht files, links from web-based mail as well (zoom, aliexpress). Have no issues up to now.

If what I read was right, then I'm ready to switch but please I miss the sidebar and the status bar. How long will it take to implement those features? Still using Mx5.2.7.5000 here because of the sidebar and status bar. Just those features left then I'll leave Mx5 for Mx6. There's also threats from Brave. Maxthon could get more users if NB Domain gets more use cases.

Maxthon Browser V6.1.2.1500

+ Added "Mute site" option to the right-click menu (shortcut: Alt+M)

and

Maxthon Browser V6.1.2.1700

+ Added mute tab to shortcuts (Alt+M), the speaker icon can be clicked on the tab

Somethings is broken.
I usually mute and unmute Zynga Poker game inside Facebook or Zynga Poker from Zynga site. It was OK in 1500 and 1600 build.
But, in new build 1700 when I mute Zynga Poker if I close it next time I open it's unmuted. This did not happen in 1500 and 1600 build. Or if I unmute site and I close it, next time I open it is muted.
Also sometimes must click 2 times Alt+M to mute or unmute site. 
But, most weird is, when site is unmuted in tab context menu says "Unmute site". This happens if I use shortcut but if I use menu it's OK. All these did not happen in 1500 and 1600 build. Please, make it like it was in 1500 build in perfect state.

Edit: also if you pinned Maxthon 6 in taskbar it's ignored. When I open Maxthon 6 it has another icon in taskbar.

Well, back to 1600. Please, fix.

And I'm still depressed sitting here every week hoping "one" of these Updates will finally have the "MIDDLE TAB BAR" again like Maxthon Classic had, and 360Chrome currently has which is the ONLY reason now why I haven't come back to Maxthon after MANY years of support and faithfulness in the Maxthon Classic days.

Me so sad...  :(

On 6/25/2021 at 11:34 PM, MichaelC362 said:

The start menu shortcut icon & the taskbar pinned icon are not updated to the dark Mx6 icon.

When minimized, the system tray icon is still the old light blue (Mx5) icon.

Hi MichaelC362, we changed the icon back to the same as Maxthon 5.

On 6/25/2021 at 11:34 PM, MichaelC362 said:

If going to Passkeeper website, when logging in says "Successfully" instead of "Success"

Request reported. 

42 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Request reported. 

Hello!

No, in Version 6.1.2.1700 (64-bit) 0625 (installed), you changed the taskbar icon back to dark blue (having previously changed it back to Mx5), but now with a light blue insert on the bottom right of Mx5 icon.  This appears when pinned to the taskbar, but isn't updated if was already there & neither are the start menu shortcut or the system tray icon (when minimized).

On 6/26/2021 at 1:38 AM, Mhzayer said:

maxthon 1700 cannot open links from external sources 
I got the old problem back in this version 1700 it was ok in 1600 
I had it in some earlier versions too

Hi Mhzayer, this issue may cause by the residual processes. It has been reported to the dev team for analysis. 

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Request reported. 

Hello!

No, in Version 6.1.2.1700 (64-bit) 0625 (installed), you changed the taskbar icon back to dark blue (having previously changed it back to Mx5), but now with a light blue insert on the bottom right of Mx5 icon.  This appears when pinned to the taskbar, but isn't updated if was already there & neither are the start menu shortcut or the system tray icon (when minimized).

When opening multiple tabs in the background, ALL VERSIONS of Mx6 often don't open picture/video content, needing the page to be refreshed, but recently, need the 'play button' for video pressed once, then looks like is going to start, but doesn't, so need to press a second time.

image.thumb.png.629543707c9118cbd8ec3521b2801a83.png

On 6/27/2021 at 2:53 AM, observer said:

I didn't make a screenshot, but in this version Setup continues running after the installation. In previous versions it asks for administrator credentials for smth. But now it stays silently in background, with no UAC popup.

Hi observer, I tried to test this issue but haven't reproduced it. I will continue following this issue. 

On 6/27/2021 at 8:23 AM, DARKSTORM said:

If what I read was right, then I'm ready to switch but please I miss the sidebar and the status bar. How long will it take to implement those features? Still using Mx5.2.7.5000 here because of the sidebar and status bar. Just those features left then I'll leave Mx5 for Mx6. There's also threats from Brave. Maxthon could get more users if NB Domain gets more use cases.

Hi DARKSTORM, we will add the status bar in the near future. 

On 6/27/2021 at 8:41 AM, Xahi4475 said:

Somethings is broken.
I usually mute and unmute Zynga Poker game inside Facebook or Zynga Poker from Zynga site. It was OK in 1500 and 1600 build.
But, in new build 1700 when I mute Zynga Poker if I close it next time I open it's unmuted. This did not happen in 1500 and 1600 build. Or if I unmute site and I close it, next time I open it is muted.
Also sometimes must click 2 times Alt+M to mute or unmute site. 
But, most weird is, when site is unmuted in tab context menu says "Unmute site". This happens if I use shortcut but if I use menu it's OK. All these did not happen in 1500 and 1600 build. Please, make it like it was in 1500 build in perfect state.

Hi Xahi4475, we changed the shortcut. Alt+M will only be used for the "Mute current tab." If you'd like to mute the site, you could right-click on the tab then click "Mute site."?

34 minutes ago, caligula73 said:

each time the browser is launched, the thumbnails of the quick tab are refreshed

сan I turn this off?

win7x64

Безымянный.png

Hi caligula73, the thumbnails will auto refresh once you start up the browser. Auto refresh usually takes a few seconds; if the thumbnails doesn't appear after that, do let us know and we will look into it. You could also restart your computer to see if this problem persist.

18 hours ago, Magdalene said:

I no longer have a background image on my New Tab Page in either exe. or Portable 64 bit 6.1.2.1700. Anybody else have this problem?

Hi Magdalene, you mean the previous background of New tab page lost after overwriting installation?

4 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hi MichaelC362, could you try to right-click on the icon to view the icon path?

4 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

When opening multiple tabs in the background, ALL VERSIONS of Mx6 often don't open picture/video content, needing the page to be refreshed, but recently, need the 'play button' for video pressed once, then looks like is going to start, but doesn't, so need to press a second time.

It seems that the contents blocked by the Adblock. You could try to disable the Adblock.

Archived