Maxthon PC 7.1.7.2100 beta

BugSir009

Hello!
During installation, a 2nd (already had one) Maxthon shortcut was created in the taskbar.
Upon first run, that shortcut was deleted.
The 2 unwanted shortcuts for Notes were created & although I could delete the desktop shortcut, the taskbar one doesn't have a right click menu, so will need to be done manually via a file manager.

UPDATE: After posting this message, the taskbar shortcut did then have a right click menu & I was able to unpin it (been about 10 minutes since installing)

This version is messing with file association.

.webm and .webp files keep on reverting to opening with maxthon everytime the browser is closed and reopened no matter if I change the association in windows.

What's worse is the option to choose file association is no longer available.

It used to be under settings>default app settings with checkboxes.

17 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Also noted, on Quick Launch, the search box engine had been changed from DuckDuckGo to Google Max.

Hi MichaelC362, informed the development team about this issue and they mention they did a reset for the browser. You could select DuckDuckGo again for the search box engine and it shouldn't change.

11 hours ago, Magdalene said:

That's been happening for at least 2 versions.

Hi Magdalene, the developers did a reset for the browser. Kindly change it back to your initial selection and it should not change again.

11 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Quote feature doesn.t work in MX Forum

I am still able to quote on my side. Have you change any settings for this forum or could it be an extension that is blocking?

12 hours ago, Cookie_Monster said:

.webm and .webp files keep on reverting to opening with maxthon everytime the browser is closed and reopened no matter if I change the association in windows.

Hi Cookie_Monster, I have informed the development team about this issue and they mention they have cleared the default for webm. As for webp, they will have to discuss again.

17 hours ago, Cookie_Monster said:

The whole "Default App Settings" now does absolutely nothing & is just information:

image.png.d2457466c1f4e892bcd2232faa571d40.png

Clearly that's been lost!

17 hours ago, Cookie_Monster said:

Can confirm .webm
But not .webp 
Made Xnview default for both
it opened webp but webm was opened with Maxthon

Could you please make the function to restore settings specific for each setting page
image.thumb.png.1129896bff4692b66c5fe518a1e6d2ec.png

15 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

The whole "Default App Settings" now does absolutely nothing & is just information:

image.png.d2457466c1f4e892bcd2232faa571d40.png

Clearly that's been lost!

15 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Can confirm .webm
But not .webp 
Made Xnview default for both
it opened webp but webm was opened with Maxthon

Could you please make the function to restore settings specific for each setting page
image.thumb.png.1129896bff4692b66c5fe518a1e6d2ec.png

Hi MichaelC362 and Mhzayer, have forwarded your feedback to the development team for their discussion and planning.

13 hours ago, Zura Chelidze said:

This version is slower than the previous one.

Hi Zura Chelidze, did the browser use up alot of RAM on your side?

5 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi MichaelC362 and Mhzayer, have forwarded your feedback to the development team for their discussion and planning.

Hi Zura Chelidze, did the browser use up alot of RAM on your side?

I don't know for him, but mine uses more than 2GB of ram with only 3 tabs open. If I open 5+ tabs it jumps to 2.5-3GB+ (depends on the sites open in these tabs), that is on a 8GB work pc. So this is way too much.

2 hours ago, SirNasso said:

I don't know for him, but mine uses more than 2GB of ram with only 3 tabs open. If I open 5+ tabs it jumps to 2.5-3GB+ (depends on the sites open in these tabs), that is on a 8GB work pc. So this is way too much.

Hello everyone!

The same thing happens to me both in this version and in 7.1.7.2000. With only 2 tabs open, 4 GB of RAM used and the Maxthon freezes completely.

2 hours ago, caligula73 said:

When watching, the video slows down on any sites - win7x64 - rollback to 7.1.6.2000

2 hours ago, SirNasso said:

Hi caligula73 and SirNasso, have feedback to the developers on the speed and RAM issue. They will look into it and optimize it by next version.

9 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi caligula73 and SirNasso, have feedback to the developers on the speed and RAM issue. They will look into it and optimize it by next version.

Thanks for that, will be waiting for an outcome. Just wanted to add than on my home pc with i7-13700K and 32gb of ram, Maxthon takes more than 4GB ram with only 3 tabs open. Also Maxthon shows in task manager a lot of processes runing (around 30+). Not sure why that is for, with just Facebook and this forum open.

8 hours ago, caligula73 said:

Безымянный.png

6 hours ago, SirNasso said:

Thanks for that, will be waiting for an outcome. Just wanted to add than on my home pc with i7-13700K and 32gb of ram, Maxthon takes more than 4GB ram with only 3 tabs open. Also Maxthon shows in task manager a lot of processes runing (around 30+). Not sure why that is for, with just Facebook and this forum open.

Hi caligula73 and SirNasso, thanks for the additional information :)

16 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

After leaving Maxthon running for a day or so
It gets up to 5600 MB
So there's an issue with it for sure

Hi Mhzayer, thank you for sending us the screenshots. I have feedback to the development team and they mention this issue will be optimized in the next version and will be further enhanced in the upcoming versions.

On 11/14/2023 at 5:01 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Mhzayer, thank you for sending us the screenshots. I have feedback to the development team and they mention this issue will be optimized in the next version and will be further enhanced in the upcoming versions.

Thanks
I've already kept Maxthon and Chrome running with the same tabs for more than a day
newcomparison.thumb.png.117326c9981047f50a5c62776695308f.png

This is how it looks
Maxthon opens 49 instances while chrome has only 24
Are these because of the more extensions I have with Maxthon not in Chrome?

I guess I'll try Maxthon with no extensions to see

But the Ram is way higher

8 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Thanks
I've already kept Maxthon and Chrome running with the same tabs for more than a day
newcomparison.thumb.png.117326c9981047f50a5c62776695308f.png

This is how it looks
Maxthon opens 49 instances while chrome has only 24
Are these because of the more extensions I have with Maxthon not in Chrome?

I guess I'll try Maxthon with no extensions to see

But the Ram is way higher

Yes
After disabling all extensions
Maxthon droppedopen instances to 24 while Chrome is up to 37 (very strange it was only 24 with the extensions)

Archived