Maxthon 7.1.6.1800 beta

MaxthonJeff

Maxthon 7.1.6.1800 beta

* Optimized the positioning directory opening for the super favorites bookmarks bar menu
* Improved the default browser file association in the settings page
* Updated multi-language translations
- Fixed the issue of blank page when opening in note editing mode
- Fixed the garbled text issue in loud reading
- Fixed the security issue of using the browser without logging in
- Fixed the issue of being unable to save pages as pictures in incognito mode
- Fixed the error in the initial page when creating a new window from the taskbar right-click menu

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.6.1800/maxthon_7.1.6.1800_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.6.1800/maxthon_7.1.6.1800_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.6.1800/maxthon_portable_7.1.6.1800_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.6.1800/maxthon_portable_7.1.6.1800_beta_x86.zip

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

Hello!
Upgraded to 7.1.6.1800 beta this morning, manually shut down running Maxthon at start of installer, when complete, Maxthon loaded with my 8 tabs I have set to load at startup, but, all of them just said, "Untitled" in the tab description & none of them loaded until I went to each & refreshed the page.

16 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
Upgraded to 7.1.6.1800 beta this morning, manually shut down running Maxthon at start of installer, when complete, Maxthon loaded with my 8 tabs I have set to load at startup, but, all of them just said, "Untitled" in the tab description & none of them loaded until I went to each & refreshed the page.

Hi MichaelC362, could you disable all extensions and relaunch the browser to see if this issue persist?

5 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi MichaelC362, could you disable all extensions and relaunch the browser to see if this issue persist?

It only did it on the first load - afterwards & today it was ok, however, when I next upgrade, I can try that first.
I have uBlock Origin, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials & Webroot's Web Threat Shield (that last one not by choice!).
These are quite popular extensions, so are you saying Maxthon has issues with (some?) extensions?

2 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

It only did it on the first load - afterwards & today it was ok, however, when I next upgrade, I can try that first.
I have uBlock Origin, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials & Webroot's Web Threat Shield (that last one not by choice!).
These are quite popular extensions, so are you saying Maxthon has issues with (some?) extensions?

Hi MichaelC362, there's a possibility that some interference occurred between a certain extension and the loading of websites / certain features. Which is why we usually advise user to disable all extensions and try again before determining if it is a bug.

2 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi MichaelC362, there's a possibility that some interference occurred between a certain extension and the loading of websites / certain features. Which is why we usually advise user to disable all extensions and try again before determining if it is a bug.

I should say, it didn't do this on any previous upgrade, with the same tabs set to load at startup & with those same extensions present & running

I should also report that the download manager still shows occasional duplicate entries, which are not removed when clearing the list, implying cache issues (which has been cleared & didn't help).
It's done this since Maxthon v6 was first released & is been reported every few releases.
It happens on different computers, with different versions & releases of Windows & with different extensions (I always have an ad-blocker (previously Ad-Block Plus, then Ad-Guard & now uBlock Origin), ever since you removed the built-in Ad-Block Plus).

When downloading ".exe" installers, most (but not all) also still don't have the program icon, but instead either my user icon or just a blank icon - this has also been an issue since v6 first released.

Another (maybe) issue, I goto softpedia.com (I see this on other sites too) most days to download updated versions of various programs & each day, when I first goto the site, I'm prompted for cookie action (e.g. allow all/custom/etc), separately for Windows, Linux & macOS (i.e. if downloading a Windows program, prompted for first, but no others after, but if then downloading a macOS program, prompted again (& again if Linux))... this could be related to one or a combination of my extensions, but I see it both at work & at home... I'll try disabling the extensions, one by one, & see if that helps & report back

18 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

I should say, it didn't do this on any previous upgrade, with the same tabs set to load at startup & with those same extensions present & running

Hi MichaelC362, noted on this. In case if it happens again, do let us know and I will get the development team to check on it.

18 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Another (maybe) issue, I goto softpedia.com (I see this on other sites too) most days to download updated versions of various programs & each day, when I first goto the site, I'm prompted for cookie action (e.g. allow all/custom/etc), separately for Windows, Linux & macOS (i.e. if downloading a Windows program, prompted for first, but no others after, but if then downloading a macOS program, prompted again (& again if Linux))... this could be related to one or a combination of my extensions, but I see it both at work & at home... I'll try disabling the extensions, one by one, & see if that helps & report back

Thanks MichaelC362, I have tried accessing the website but wasn't prompted for cookie action; neither when downloading. In case same thing happens after you disable the extensions, do let us know and we will perform further testing to check.

13 minutes ago, thereddevilrulez said:

Requesting MX team again: Please make bookmarks menu scroll horizontally (left to right).

Please.

Yes.

This is very important for those that have so many bookmarks

It's a lot easier and more convenient 
At least you make it an option so that those that don't like it could easily uncheck it

35 minutes ago, Mhzayer said:

Yes.

This is very important for those that have so many bookmarks

It's a lot easier and more convenient 
At least you make it an option so that those that don't like it could easily uncheck it

Absolutely right! I wrote about this a long time ago, but they still haven’t done it like in the 5th version.

my problem:

i type searched text into address bar as usual

it opens search in google as i have set up

i open any link from the google results and it opens the link normally

i press back to get back to google results and now something happen - there are results of search but from BING that i dont have at all (i deleted it from the list of search engines)

On 9/23/2023 at 5:59 PM, thereddevilrulez said:

Requesting MX team again: Please make bookmarks menu scroll horizontally (left to right).

Please.

Hi thereddevilrulez @Mhzayer @UserMx5, I have already put in request for this feature. I have also checked with the developers and it seems like the current chromium version only support scrolling vertically; once core could support the horizontal scrolling, this feature will definitely be added in.

8 hours ago, n3ujx said:

i only have download speed problem in maxthon

Hi n3ujx, may I know for which files are you experiencing this issue? Could you specify the website and files so we could do further testing?

37 minutes ago, user666777 said:

my problem:

i type searched text into address bar as usual

it opens search in google as i have set up

i open any link from the google results and it opens the link normally

i press back to get back to google results and now something happen - there are results of search but from BING that i dont have at all (i deleted it from the list of search engines)

Hi user666777, are you using the latest 7.1.6.1800 version? Could you clear the browsing data cache and try again?

31 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi user666777, are you using the latest 7.1.6.1800 version? Could you clear the browsing data cache and try again?

Yes i am using the latest, thats why i wrote it here.

And i did clear the cache and nothing changed.

It start doing that after update to this version. Version before it was ok

3 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi n3ujx, may I know for which files are you experiencing this issue? Could you specify the website and files so we could do further testing?

There is a download speed problem in general, I noticed that I do not have any download speed problems with IDM or different browsers.

18 hours ago, user666777 said:

Yes i am using the latest, thats why i wrote it here.

And i did clear the cache and nothing changed.

It start doing that after update to this version. Version before it was ok

Hi user666777, could you help to record a short video on this issue so I could forward it to the development team for them to check on it further.

15 hours ago, n3ujx said:

There is a download speed problem in general, I noticed that I do not have any download speed problems with IDM or different browsers.

Hi n3ujx, did you experience the speed problem only in this version?

Hello!
Am I missing it or have you removed 'reader mode', whereby only the content (i.e. no menus, adverts, sundry tat, etc) is shown for easier reading and/or printing!?
I just don't understand why, if you have a useful feature, you replace it with something no-one's ever asked for or wanted!
I understand the limitations of using Chromium (albeit one that even Noah would have found out-of-date & not taken with him on The Ark!), but that's just the browser engine, Maxthon sits on top of that, so you can add whatever you like & once there, unless mass-requested to remove it, leave it there!

On Quick Launch settings, under Wallpaper, Foreground/Background Color (spelt wrong for UK English), if set to Automatic, it seems the colour is applied to all & it doesn't detect what's under that section & colour accordingly - e.g. picture with dark top & light bottom, the highlights should invert for one.

I've used Maxthon, almost daily, since it was first released, but according to your 'gold coins' I never use it for more than 5 days at a time & therefore the counter is reset every week.  I have a work account & a personal account, so despite most weeks running it daily, that isn't reflected.  The coins seem like a pointless waste of space to me (& I suspect most others too), but you should be recording how many loads/sessions are used, NOT consecutive days.  Suppose someone has built up a huge number of coins & then goes to a wedding or funeral, then the next day they have nothing again - this is just alienating users against the feature, however good your intentions were.

Hello!
Would be appreciated if the MaxNote shortcuts, that I'm never going to use (I'll access from Maxton menus if need it) could be prompted (default "NO") during installation.
Every time I install a new Maxthon release, I've now got 2 shortcuts to delete that I didn't have before...
It's not that it takes a long time, it's just annoying!

15 hours ago, n3ujx said:

this and in 1900

Hi n3ujx, did you do a clean install for the new version and do you have any extensions in place?

10 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Am I missing it or have you removed 'reader mode', whereby only the content (i.e. no menus, adverts, sundry tat, etc) is shown for easier reading and/or printing!?

Hi MichaelC362, the development team is trying to optimize this feature and it will be released later on.

On Quick Launch settings, under Wallpaper, Foreground/Background Color (spelt wrong for UK English), if set to Automatic, it seems the colour is applied to all & it doesn't detect what's under that section & colour accordingly - e.g. picture with dark top & light bottom, the highlights should invert for one.

Could you send a screenshot to me so I could point it out to the product team?

I've used Maxthon, almost daily, since it was first released, but according to your 'gold coins' I never use it for more than 5 days at a time & therefore the counter is reset every week.  I have a work account & a personal account, so despite most weeks running it daily, that isn't reflected.  The coins seem like a pointless waste of space to me (& I suspect most others too), but you should be recording how many loads/sessions are used, NOT consecutive days.  Suppose someone has built up a huge number of coins & then goes to a wedding or funeral, then the next day they have nothing again - this is just alienating users against the feature, however good your intentions were.

Request recorded.

7 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
Would be appreciated if the MaxNote shortcuts, that I'm never going to use (I'll access from Maxton menus if need it) could be prompted (default "NO") during installation.
Every time I install a new Maxthon release, I've now got 2 shortcuts to delete that I didn't have before...
It's not that it takes a long time, it's just annoying!

Hi MichaelC362, feedback recorded.

On 9/26/2023 at 5:57 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi user666777, could you help to record a short video on this issue so I could forward it to the development team for them to check on it further.

Hi BugSir009 - here is video, now u can move this issue into latest version 7.1.6.2000 as well. I noticed something. If i press back, there is opened another webpage with redirecting. But this issue was made by updating maxthon to version 1800 from previous. No other updates was installed the same day (including windows)

On 9/28/2023 at 5:23 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi MichaelC362, feedback recorded.

Also please check if there is/is not icon on desktop. And if there is no icon then don't create it.

As well uncheck FREE VPN installation during installation of Maxthon. This cheat to force users to use third parties programs is degrading and dehonesting the real program i am installing.

2 hours ago, user666777 said:

Hi BugSir009 - here is video, now u can move this issue into latest version 7.1.6.2000 as well. I noticed something. If i press back, there is opened another webpage with redirecting. But this issue was made by updating maxthon to version 1800 from previous. No other updates was installed the same day (including windows)

Also please check if there is/is not icon on desktop. And if there is no icon then don't create it.

As well uncheck FREE VPN installation during installation of Maxthon. This cheat to force users to use third parties programs is degrading and dehonesting the real program i am installing.

Hi user666777, noted I will forward this to the development team for them to check further.

Archived