Maxthon Beta 7.1.6.1500

MaxthonJeff

7.1.6.1500 beta

+ Added the feature to acquire Maxthon gold - Web Indexing by Bright Data
+ Added support for saving web images in png, jpg formats
* Optimized the note search interaction
* Updated multilingual translation
- Fixed the issue where submitting changes on a new tab page caused errors and couldn't save
- Fixed a potential crash when querying notes
- Fixed a crash issue when clicking on notification pop-ups

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.6.1500/maxthon_7.1.6.1500_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.6.1500/maxthon_7.1.6.1500_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.6.1500/maxthon_portable_7.1.6.1500_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.6.1500/maxthon_portable_7.1.6.1500_beta_x86.zip

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

LuminatiNetworks_AGen.A was found during installation, a potentially unwanted application for Win64/LuminatiNetworks_AGen.A/. The file location is: \AppData\Local\Temp\Temp\source27868_193605034\Chrome-bin\7.1.6.1500\bright\lum_sdk64. dll

This is the agency service of Bright Data (formerly known as Luminati Networks), which can easily make personal devices a springboard for attacks and cause a large number of member accounts of well-known domestic leasing companies to be hacked. The company's business is data collection and agency network services.

Thats why I'm still using v6.2.0.2600 - very stable and don't have suspicuous features like v7, it would be ideal if they just updated core for those v6 release. For interest downloaded v7.1.6.1500 and got crash after 1 min (guest acc, no 3rd party extensions) and deleted it instantly.

Well done Maxthon. Welcome back to banned browsers.
Since the scandal in 2016 and the spying by Maxthon, you seemed to be trying to rebuild trust.

I used to use Maxthon (since MyIE) on a daily basis, but nowadays a browser is not just about visiting sites. Through webservices we manage very important aspects of our lives, private information. For several years I have been following the development of Maxthon because it is a browser full of innovative solutions, but I will not use Maxthon for a bank, office or important e-mail because I do not trust it.

Your job should be to protect the user as much as possible, not to add another spy to the browser.

Thank You for Bright Data (formerly known as Luminati Networks)

Free software has hidden traps! Don't use it as a springboard for attacks, please be alert!
Date of publication: 2023-08-15
With the vigorous development of the digital age, free software has been integrated into people's lives. However, recently, the services of Bright Data (formerly known as Luminati Networks) have been abused by unscrupulous elements, making personal devices a springboard for attacks and causing a large number of members of well-known domestic rental companies. The account being compromised once again reminds us of the potential risks behind free software. This article provides recommended measures to remove malicious programs. Users who have installed related free software are requested to do so as soon as possible to avoid becoming an attacker.

Intrusion method:
The user downloads or installs third-party free software (FormatFactory, Alcohol or HOLA VPN) on the computer or mobile phone, then starts the BrightData Service, which is the Proxy Service (proxy service), and executes the net_updater64.exe program. The user's device becomes BrightData's proxy server (i.e. BrightData's network node). Hackers or fraud groups use BrightData's network nodes to invade the attack target, and the user's computer or mobile phone is inexplicably used as an attack target. springboard.

Recommended actions:
To remove the springboard program, follow the steps:

Remove all files under the "C:\ProgramData\BrightData" path (unhide).
Remove all files under the above free software path.
Use the tool Autoruns.exe or procexp.exe to check whether the programs net_updater64.exe, net_updater32.exe and brightdata.exe or the service Brightdata Service continue to run; if so, remove the files in the folder where the program is located.

Удалите пожалуйста  BrightData  и бесплатный VPN от  BrightData  из настроек !!! 

Предоставьте дополнительную возможность скачивания для тех, кто в них нуждается.

image.thumb.png.d111d129090469b9f6b210f2cdeca629.png

Team,

After last 2 betas, I started to have some issues accessing team meetings.

Using any teams link:

a) teams meeting didn't open

b) when looing at the console there is a lot of errors (not sure if is something from teams app or any browser incompatibility). 

But only if I have the dev tools window open, pressing refresh, I can access the teams session.

I think  you can try on this link (any teams links should be the same).

https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_OGNiOWY2MmEtODY0MS00NmE3LTk1MjgtM2ViNGViMjhkMzk3%40thread.v2/0?context={"Tid"%3a"038018c3-616c-4b46-ad9b-aa9007f701b5"%2c"Oid"%3a"970dde52-4874-4460-b231-ffdc0915e8a0"}

The 'Continue on this browser'Option  keeps loading forever. Only way to continue is some sequence of clearcache/open devtools/restart.

But error keeps on next try.

11 hours ago, avegaweiss said:

Team,

After last 2 betas, I started to have some issues accessing team meetings.

Using any teams link:

a) teams meeting didn't open

b) when looing at the console there is a lot of errors (not sure if is something from teams app or any browser incompatibility). 

But only if I have the dev tools window open, pressing refresh, I can access the teams session.

I think  you can try on this link (any teams links should be the same).

https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_OGNiOWY2MmEtODY0MS00NmE3LTk1MjgtM2ViNGViMjhkMzk3%40thread.v2/0?context={"Tid"%3a"038018c3-616c-4b46-ad9b-aa9007f701b5"%2c"Oid"%3a"970dde52-4874-4460-b231-ffdc0915e8a0"}

The 'Continue on this browser'Option  keeps loading forever. Only way to continue is some sequence of clearcache/open devtools/restart.

But error keeps on next try.

Hi avegaweiss, I tried clicking the link and was able to access it after few seconds of waiting. Do you have any extensions in place that could possibly block access?

image.png

14 hours ago, nogain said:

Chromium stable is at v116 but the developers have time for integrating Bright Data indexing, vpn, ecc. ecc.

It's explained here if you care to read 

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

On 9/3/2023 at 8:41 PM, Chernsha said:

Free software has hidden traps! Don't use it as a springboard for attacks, please be alert!
Date of publication: 2023-08-15
With the vigorous development of the digital age, free software has been integrated into people's lives. However, recently, the services of Bright Data (formerly known as Luminati Networks) have been abused by unscrupulous elements, making personal devices a springboard for attacks and causing a large number of members of well-known domestic rental companies. The account being compromised once again reminds us of the potential risks behind free software. This article provides recommended measures to remove malicious programs. Users who have installed related free software are requested to do so as soon as possible to avoid becoming an attacker.

Intrusion method:
The user downloads or installs third-party free software (FormatFactory, Alcohol or HOLA VPN) on the computer or mobile phone, then starts the BrightData Service, which is the Proxy Service (proxy service), and executes the net_updater64.exe program. The user's device becomes BrightData's proxy server (i.e. BrightData's network node). Hackers or fraud groups use BrightData's network nodes to invade the attack target, and the user's computer or mobile phone is inexplicably used as an attack target. springboard.

Recommended actions:
To remove the springboard program, follow the steps:

Remove all files under the "C:\ProgramData\BrightData" path (unhide).
Remove all files under the above free software path.
Use the tool Autoruns.exe or procexp.exe to check whether the programs net_updater64.exe, net_updater32.exe and brightdata.exe or the service Brightdata Service continue to run; if so, remove the files in the folder where the program is located.

May I ask where did you get these information? we would love to verify them.

13 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi avegaweiss, I tried clicking the link and was able to access it after few seconds of waiting. Do you have any extensions in place that could possibly block access?

image.png

No. No extensions.

I also can access....sometimes. I think is some issue with a cached paged, because when I force refresh checking that option on developer/network settings it works,

but once again after that I only get the blank screen. This behaviour begin on last beta, and continues on this. Perhaps I'll try a fresh install on next one.

Thanks anyway for yout time. I'll let you know further test.

Archived