Maxthon 7.0.2.2500 beta

MaxthonJeff

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.2500/maxthon_7.0.2.2500_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.2500/maxthon_7.0.2.2500_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.2500/maxthon_portable_7.0.2.2500_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.2500/maxthon_portable_7.0.2.2500_beta_x86.zip

7.0.2.2500 beta

+ New URL notes popup added
* Maxnote interaction optimisation
* Address bar 'little bee' interaction optimisation
* Settings-> Maxthon cloud account display and interaction optimisation
- Fixed 'note reading mode opened in the current window' problem

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

The 'little bee' interface is more useful now, thanks. I want to request a search field for searching a folder when selecting the "choose another folder" option. I have some nested folders and it takes a bit to click through.

Is there an explanation somewhere for what the "new URL notes popup" is? I made a note with a URL in its name and an URL in the text but I didn't notice any popups.

2 hours ago, Muno said:

I want to request a search field for searching a folder when selecting the "choose another folder" option.

Hi Muno, request recorded.

2 hours ago, Muno said:

Is there an explanation somewhere for what the "new URL notes popup" is?

Hi Muno, you will have to go under Settings < Features < Super Bookmarks. Activate your membership if you have not done so then you should be able to select the option for URL notes popup thereafter.

image.png

13 hours ago, SirNasso said:

An old bug returned to this version. When reopening last tabs, after launching Maxthon, they open in a new window, not in the current one. It was fixed few versions ago, but is back now.

Hi SirNasso, are you using the latest 7.0.2.2500 version? This latest version will have all the tabs listed out in the restore list and tab will open in current window when you left click on it. To open the tab in a new window, user will have to do a right click and select 'open in new window' in the popup menu.

39 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi SirNasso, are you using the latest 7.0.2.2500 version? This latest version will have all the tabs listed out in the restore list and tab will open in current window when you left click on it. To open the tab in a new window, user will have to do a right click and select 'open in new window' in the popup menu.

Yes, I'm using the .2500 version. And the problem reappeared with it. With the .2401 version it was working as it should.

21 minutes ago, SirNasso said:

Yes, I'm using the .2500 version. And the problem reappeared with it. With the .2401 version it was working as it should.

Hi SirNasso, could you take a short video on this issue so I could forward it to the development team for them to check further? I could not reproduce same problem on my end.

34 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi SirNasso, could you take a short video on this issue so I could forward it to the development team for them to check further? I could not reproduce same problem on my end.

I will, a bit later. Just to mention something I just found. If you reopen tabs one by one, they open in the same window. But if you click to reopen all last tabs, they are sent to a new window. You will see in te video.

Hello I have not asked a question in a long time but yeah.. i just upgraded my maxthon 2 days ago and i noticed you put the search box in the browser but now i would like to ask if you can make it to where when i use that search box that it opens "a new tab" instead of the tab i am using at that current moment... how can i make that new search open up a new tab?

(I asked this feature about 3 years ago and just now i see you put it in.. thats fun but i was using the old version "6.2.0.2300" for years now... but yeah can you help my question?)

"in maxthon 5 when i use the browswer search bar it opens a new tab here it uses the current tab i am in i want to change that how can i?"

Screenshot (5458).png

18 minutes ago, BenReiley said:

Can anyone help me google is recently irritatingly showing my IP adress even when i use the VPN it displays where it thinks that i am can any of you suggest a way to get rid of this location thing that irritates me...

Screenshot (5460).png

You asked about Rotterdam, it displays Rotterdam. 
My result is below. Believe me, I'm not in Rotterdam.

image.png.a317aea87567a7e58dc30f4509f749bb.png

19 hours ago, BenReiley said:

Hello I have not asked a question in a long time but yeah.. i just upgraded my maxthon 2 days ago and i noticed you put the search box in the browser but now i would like to ask if you can make it to where when i use that search box that it opens "a new tab" instead of the tab i am using at that current moment... how can i make that new search open up a new tab?

(I asked this feature about 3 years ago and just now i see you put it in.. thats fun but i was using the old version "6.2.0.2300" for years now... but yeah can you help my question?)

"in maxthon 5 when i use the browswer search bar it opens a new tab here it uses the current tab i am in i want to change that how can i?"

Screenshot (5458).png

Hi BenReiley, kindly go into Settings > Tabs > Open Tab > enable 'open address bar search result in new tab'

image.png

15 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Use Duck, Duck Go instead. It uses Google Search but has more privacy.

Hello!

In fact, it's the opposite...

DuckDuckGo uses over 400 sources to provide results, including sources such as:
Bing, Yahoo, Apple Maps, Wolfram Alpha & Yandex.

They also use DuckDuckBot, their web crawler, and other crowd-sourced sites like Wikipedia to generate their equivalent of a snippet.

However, they explicitly confirm that they do not use any sources from Google.

Additionally, as part of their strict privacy policy, they promise never to share any personal information with their partners.

On 6/26/2023 at 5:22 PM, Magdalene said:

Thanks MichaelC362. I stand corrected.

Using Bing and Yandex is just as bad as using Google though.

Hello!

Bing always used to just use Yahoo, but showed less results, based on the profile they've built up about you.

However, since Yahoo has been selling assets, it's now the other way around, Yahoo is now using Bing (at least in USA & Canada & only in English)!

Yandex, although they resisted a buy out from Google, was reported to have 'merged' with Google, but they too are currently selling assets (mostly due to the war & massively reduced ad revenue).  Yandex is often stated as better for Eastern Europe than Google, but Google is better for international.

However, a LONG time ago, Google themselves said they're NOT a search engine, but a 'content provider' & they only really show results that match your profile or contain ad revenue.  Search for something to buy & Google will have loads of results, but search for something technical & you'll get a LOT less.

In Maxthon 5 I used to use a multi-search with Yahoo, Bing, Google, Ask & Yandex & I often found Google would find literally ZERO matches, whereas Yahoo would find 1000's of applicable hits.

These days, like anyone else who values their data, I use DuckDuckGo & rarely have to go elsewhere.

As an aside, in 2015, when I got married, I was looking for pictures of the venue which the main site didn't show & couldn't find much on Yahoo or Google, but found loads on Yandex - a Russian search engine had more than any other for a wedding venue in Chichester, West Sussex, England - most odd! 

Archived