7.0.0.1801 Beta

MaxthonJeff

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

Hello!

Whilst the 'little touches' are nice to have, they're mostly features neither myself or customers ever use.

Bigger current issue is the display of the weather & other options on QA screen is often hard to see due to incorrect/poor colour handling.

Where weather has a background mask, that should be applied to all other QA text.

Weather still has poor colour choices, making the writing tricky sometimes to see at all:

image.png.2a86c666a748f0a12f9da38ee40b1e08.png (this one isn't too bad, but the temperature units are in a different colour to the rest)

image.png.28adf4935f08f428803e87a17710ca8e.png (believe it or not, this 'clearly' (NOT!) says "MaxNote | PassKeeper")

This is the screen customers see first, so if this is a mess, they're more likely to just uninstall Maxthon & go with something else - first impressions count a lot in browser wars!

7 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Whilst the 'little touches' are nice to have, they're mostly features neither myself or customers ever use.

Bigger current issue is the display of the weather & other options on QA screen is often hard to see due to incorrect/poor colour handling.

Where weather has a background mask, that should be applied to all other QA text.

Weather still has poor colour choices, making the writing tricky sometimes to see at all:

image.png.2a86c666a748f0a12f9da38ee40b1e08.png (this one isn't too bad, but the temperature units are in a different colour to the rest)

image.png.28adf4935f08f428803e87a17710ca8e.png (believe it or not, this 'clearly' (NOT!) says "MaxNote | PassKeeper")

This is the screen customers see first, so if this is a mess, they're more likely to just uninstall Maxthon & go with something else - first impressions count a lot in browser wars!

I think you have a point there
But once they think of implementing new chromium core engine more users are goint to be happy

14 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Hi MichaelC362, point noted. Have already feedback to the product team on these issues.

13 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Pablo(92131), could you try syncing using the attached test version?

mini_installer(1)(1).exe 94.75 MB · 3 downloads

This version .1804 is working fine for me in Syncing, though didn't test the original .1801.

4 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Getting issues today with Outlook.com - was ok yesterday & works ok in Edge.

Going to sent folder:

image.png.e839f3f5d07a9197fdac59c20a4a2277.png

Opening any email:

image.png.3942e145594711ec8be265d135cbce3a.png

Wait for ages, disable AdGuard, restart Maxthon, restart Windows - all the same 

Outlook is also working fine for me, Sent Folder, and Opening Emails, and ALL of my common extensions used are installed.

I'm on Win10 Pro, 64bit, using the above .1804 version attached.

The icons on the Quick Access Toolbar appear with a pause of a few seconds. If you look closely, you will notice that they appear after the appearance of the temperature in the weather widget. And the temperature in the weather widget also appears with the same delay. It all started with version 7.0.0.1700. Wrote about it once in the topic.

16 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

Outlook is also working fine for me, Sent Folder, and Opening Emails, and ALL of my common extensions used are installed.

I'm on Win10 Pro, 64bit, using the above .1804 version attached.

Worked for me too, up until Monday, with 1804, but as of Tuesday, with nothing changing here, it now doesn't... will try uninstall & reinstall & report back

2 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Worked for me too, up until Monday, with 1804, but as of Tuesday, with nothing changing here, it now doesn't... will try uninstall & reinstall & report back

After uninstalling & reinstalling & setting up again, Outlook now ok.

Since absolutely nothing else changed here, implies corrupted setting somewhere...

I am having trouble downloading anything from maxthon forum through internet download manager after updating to the last betas starting with 801
when I disable the idm extension maxthon gets the link and downloads the file

Is it only me?

On 3/14/2023 at 5:35 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Pablo(92131), could you try syncing using the attached test version?

mini_installer(1)(1).exe 94.75 MB · 30 downloads

this file is an example

Hello!

When I add a new shortcut to QA & select Site Shot, I just get a transparent block, but if I edit that & change to Color (still spelt wrong for UK!) & then back to Site Shot, it is then displayed correctly (refreshing the tab or all tabs doesn't fix this).

For the built-in images, still no UK versions, so no amazon.co.uk, ebay.co.uk, bbc.co.uk, etc

Many years ago, you had selectable images from a pre-defined list, even multiple ones for well know sites (e.g. YouTube), so one could add 'any location' (e.g. amazon.de) web address & just select the image... I know I've said it before, but could you not just read the 'favicon' from the website like other browsers (e.g. Opera)?  It appears you are doing that when Colour (Color) selected, so could that not be used for Suggested Image!?

UPDATE:

Now, doing exactly the same, the Site Shot is immediately shown(!), but if refreshed it's VERY slow to display (if it ever does as I give up waiting after a while!)

UPDATE2:

Spoke too soon, if a new one is entered, it doesn't get site shot until after it's been edited, then it's quick next time!

11 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

When I add a new shortcut to QA & select Site Shot, I just get a transparent block, but if I edit that & change to Color (still spelt wrong for UK!) & then back to Site Shot, it is then displayed correctly (refreshing the tab or all tabs doesn't fix this).

For the built-in images, still no UK versions, so no amazon.co.uk, ebay.co.uk, bbc.co.uk, etc

Many years ago, you had selectable images from a pre-defined list, even multiple ones for well know sites (e.g. YouTube), so one could add 'any location' (e.g. amazon.de) web address & just select the image... I know I've said it before, but could you not just read the 'favicon' from the website like other browsers (e.g. Opera)?  It appears you are doing that when Colour (Color) selected, so could that not be used for Suggested Image!?

UPDATE:

Now, doing exactly the same, the Site Shot is immediately shown(!), but if refreshed it's VERY slow to display (if it ever does as I give up waiting after a while!)

UPDATE2:

Spoke too soon, if a new one is entered, it doesn't get site shot until after it's been edited, then it's quick next time!

Hi MichaelC362, bug reported.

2 hours ago, skonukcu said:

there is QA page display problem since 7.0.0.1300 on windows 10.

until 7.0.0.1800 version; when open maxthon, first page doest not display. there is a white page. when add a tab, it is(new tab) correct.

but 1800 version, all tabs are white.

Are you using Install or Portable, 64bit or 32bit, Windows 10 fully updated, Fresh Install or installed over existing install, etc. etc.?

I'm on Win10 Pro fully updated, never had "white tabs" with any version of Maxthon using 64 bit Install version, always do a fresh install.

Archived