Maxthon PC 7.1.8.9200 beta

BugSir009

Maxthon PC 7.1.8.9200 beta

* Optimized login logic and fixed issues with accounts appearing as local accounts.
* Updated multilingual translations.
- Fixed issues with data not syncing and Passkeeper syncing errors.
- Fixed issues with data unexpectedly being deleted when uninstalling while retaining data.
- Fixed issues with restoring incorrect data in Quick Access sync.
- Fixed payment issues with full video downloads.

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.9200/maxthon_7.1.8.9200_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.9200/maxthon_7.1.8.9200_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.9200/maxthon_portable_7.1.8.9200_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.9200/maxthon_portable_7.1.8.9200_beta_x86.zip

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Luisoff said:

Hello BugSir009.

The version of Maxthon downloaded from https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.9200/maxthon_7.1.8.9200_beta_x64.exe contains a potentially malicious application according to ESET.

The same thing happened with version 7.1.8.9000

I send an image of the detection.

Thank you

image.png.25d7b33ef4c1331587edaa13ade8c5d0.png

Hi Luisoff, noted on this. Have forwarded to the development team for them to look into it.

I repeat the problem with the default Maxthon page "https://i.maxask.com/" which opens in the EN version instead of PL. The second thing about the X.9200 version does not remember the window settings, the next starting of the browser is the centering of the window, it is so making someone happy. I confirm the previous post, "ESET NOD32" detects a potential threatened application.

There is a problem with X64 Portable. When I try to open browser I just get a small screen saying Sign In. you cannot sign in when pressing on button or dismiss the screen. I don't need to sign in. I only use a Guest account. Exe version works fine.                                                                           Image006.png.c2dbfbdf0b0af6653c8c90a6d021fb7e.png

Edited by Magdalene

I have a similar problem but with the Desktop version, the login window often pops up, and when I choose a local account, nothing happens :( and after logging into the network I lost the opportunity to log in to a local account, I returned to version 7.1.8.9000
I have no problem with the portable version, maybe because I only use it on a local account, I never logged in to the network with this version.

Edited by Refix2
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Gone back to 9000 X64 Portable as 9200 will not open correctly and I have to close lots of MX processes using task manager.

For me, 9200 is working fine, so could be extension issue...
I have: Improve YouTube, Adblock for Youtube, Cookie Backup and Restore, CyberGhost Cookie Cleaner, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials, Google Translate, Bitdefender TrafficLight & uBlock Origin

Can't be an extension issue the browser isn't even opening. I restored 9000 x64 Portable and it's working fine. I have exactly the same extensions in both exe and portable versions and the 9200 exe version is also working fine.

Edited by Magdalene

Hi, I hope everybody is fine.
It still doesn't work for me Passkeeper in the 7.1.8.9200 version: The accounts appear but with the old passwords are empty and the new ones with strange characters.
I'll ask again if anyone knows how I can recover lost passwords, perhaps from my backups of the user folder. I have hundreds of accounts accumulated since the beginning of Maxthon that I cannot recover any other way. I really appreciate any help in advance.
Thanks!!

image.png.ff290a1b76c60cdd6b24a5cd6b2d5ab4.png

On 5/1/2024 at 1:13 AM, Magdalene said:

There is a problem with X64 Portable. When I try to open browser I just get a small screen saying Sign In. you cannot sign in when pressing on button or dismiss the screen. I don't need to sign in. I only use a Guest account. Exe version works fine.                                                                           Image006.png.c2dbfbdf0b0af6653c8c90a6d021fb7e.png

Hi Magdalene, have reported this issue to the team for them to look into it.

6 hours ago, miguelconde said:

Hi, I hope everybody is fine.
It still doesn't work for me Passkeeper in the 7.1.8.9200 version: The accounts appear but with the old passwords are empty and the new ones with strange characters.
I'll ask again if anyone knows how I can recover lost passwords, perhaps from my backups of the user folder. I have hundreds of accounts accumulated since the beginning of Maxthon that I cannot recover any other way. I really appreciate any help in advance.
Thanks!!

image.png.ff290a1b76c60cdd6b24a5cd6b2d5ab4.png

Hi miguelconde, have you tried restoring from local? Go to settings > General > Account Information >Restore from local > Passwords

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2024 at 9:21 AM, Mikefon said:

Hello.

I installed this version but it still says Sync failed.

So I tried a bit reinstalling older versions and the last again. It seems that I can "download" what is already synced but I can't "upload" any new info. This happens with any version from 8000 up to 9200. Another thing that let me think it could be an unknown problem from my side it's that I had another pc (on a different network) with 9000beta installed and I managed to sync completely. 

my home computer has updated from .8xxx to .9000

I don't really cared of versions. I couldn't correctly write my expressions (see below)

But f@ck you you, f@ck you all, f@ck you in all inpermissible holes....

Mx auto-updated to .9000 and I lost all my passwords, my last session (which was my start page). I can not log in in any service, because my passwords are absent, outdated or incorrect. (I write this on my office comp thru Remote Desktop. This is the only way to communicate to World)

All my passwords bend to the Passkeeper and purged while this update.

I can not login in any service 'cause my login information is outdated or stored to Passkeeeper, which is freed out.

I can't get to my last session (which was my start page), I can't to my office account and mail, because all of these were in Passkeeper.

I dunno what you meant of this, but I can't get throw.

image.png.1f79dad7e62fa1294f87777c02cf6bf6.png

image.png.d5a9fccdc0ac0f6953848c8859585593.png

I had a 769 passwords. Now I have 

image.png.1fa7a5537326611c60952c664544fced.png and all of them are outdated. (I can't log in in any mail/service account)

I lost my bookmarks, my searchpage...from this

image.png.9e52752b56016f6e5beba555114938b8.png

migrate to this:

image.png.737c110fb6738e4e73f26c6db50baf3f.png

I lost my ~100 pages from my previous session.

Thank you, thank you, thank you....

I manually update to .9200 but nothing changed. All my information is missed or incorrect.

18 hours ago, Mikefon said:

So I tried a bit reinstalling older versions and the last again. It seems that I can "download" what is already synced but I can't "upload" any new info. This happens with any version from 8000 up to 9200. Another thing that let me think it could be an unknown problem from my side it's that I had another pc (on a different network) with 9000beta installed and I managed to sync completely. 

Hi Mikefon, perhaps you could try disabling all extensions and see if syncing works? If it still show as syncing failed, kindly pm me your Maxthon account ID and I will ask the developer to check for you.

8 hours ago, observer said:

my home computer has updated from .8xxx to .9000

I don't really cared of versions. I couldn't correctly write my expressions (see below)

But f@ck you you, f@ck you all, f@ck you in all inpermissible holes....

Mx auto-updated to .9000 and I lost all my passwords, my last session (which was my start page). I can not log in in any service, because my passwords are absent, outdated or incorrect. (I write this on my office comp thru Remote Desktop. This is the only way to communicate to World)

All my passwords bend to the Passkeeper and purged while this update.

I can not login in any service 'cause my login information is outdated or stored to Passkeeeper, which is freed out.

I can't get to my last session (which was my start page), I can't to my office account and mail, because all of these were in Passkeeper.

I dunno what you meant of this, but I can't get throw.

image.png.1f79dad7e62fa1294f87777c02cf6bf6.png

image.png.d5a9fccdc0ac0f6953848c8859585593.png

I had a 769 passwords. Now I have 

image.png.1fa7a5537326611c60952c664544fced.png and all of them are outdated. (I can't log in in any mail/service account)

I lost my bookmarks, my searchpage...from this

image.png.9e52752b56016f6e5beba555114938b8.png

migrate to this:

image.png.737c110fb6738e4e73f26c6db50baf3f.png

I lost my ~100 pages from my previous session.

Thank you, thank you, thank you....

I manually update to .9200 but nothing changed. All my information is missed or incorrect.

Hi observer, kindly pm me your account ID and I will ask the developer to check for you.

I will repeat my post from the previous version thread. We can keep count until something of this is fixed.

1. The number of hidden tabs is still not properly shown if more than 100
2. When opening more than 18 tabs from bookmarks, an annoying popup asks for confirmation
3. Maxthon recreates the desktop shortcut with each upgrade and installation, DO NOT DO THAT. Some people like their desktop icon-free.
4. New tabs do not allow to open their custom homepage (google for example). It is unacceptable to hear that this will not be implemented/fixed. 
5. New "window", "incognito" and "session" options inside Maxthon also do not open a custom homepage but a built-in one. 

These are things that are broken for an extremely long time. 

No need to reply, this is just an informational post.

Hi miguelconde, have you tried restoring from local? Go to settings > General > Account Information >Restore from local > Passwords

Thanks BugSir009:

With this I was able to recover all the old passwords. Thank you very much again! 🧡

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Zdravo una00, možete li ga vratiti sa svog lokalnog diska?

why would I restore from the local disk, the problem is synchronization on other computers

14 hours ago, una00 said:

why would I restore from the local disk, the problem is synchronization on other computers

Hi una00, are your other computers installed with version 9000 and above? The syncing will work if all computers are installed with version 9000 and above.

8 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
In the extensions menu, the bottom line ("Open Maxthon W...") doesn't fit in the column & since that's not re-sizable, maybe spread the text onto 2 lines or make the column wider or sizeable?

image.png.ad3e829a69631c4619587dc12df42cb3.png

extension.png.67d2b2e33b5c8a437f6eeea9dbf666f2.png

Very strange mine only says Web Store

The text field is short, so the text does not fit in one line. The author should "wrap the text" or actually use only a short translation like @Mhzayer, because it is actually just a link to the Chrome extensions page.

15 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
In the extensions menu, the bottom line ("Open Maxthon W...") doesn't fit in the column & since that's not re-sizable, maybe spread the text onto 2 lines or make the column wider or sizeable?

image.png.ad3e829a69631c4619587dc12df42cb3.png

Hi MichaelC362, noted and will feedback to the team on this.

11 hours ago, kokomo999999 said:

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/jghecgabfgfdldnmbfkhmffcabddioke

This plug-in cannot be used, please help to fix it, thank you.

Hi kokomo999999, this will have to wait till the chromium is updated; which the development team is working on right now.