Maxthon PC 7.1.8.6800 beta

BugSir009

Maxthon PC 7.1.8.6800 beta

+ Added [QA] open links in background: Added a background open button to the quick access card mode. In addition to opening links in the background with a middle mouse click, you can also left-click the background open button to open quick access links.
* Optimized login interaction: Added a 'Create New Account' entry on the login-multi-account selection page.
* Optimized interaction with Super Bookmarks: Now, setting or cancelling 'My Favorites' in the bookmark bar won't close the bookmark menu, facilitating continuous adjustments.
- Fixed the issue where the status bar could not be hidden.
- Fixed the problem where video downloads always remained in the waiting queue and could not start downloading automatically.
- Fixed the issue with enhanced translation failing to activate.

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.6800/maxthon_7.1.8.6800_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.6800/maxthon_7.1.8.6800_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.6800/maxthon_portable_7.1.8.6800_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.6800/maxthon_portable_7.1.8.6800_beta_x86.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello!
Went to Help, About & Maxthon auto-downloaded & installed the update (didn't show the 'red dot' at top to let me know about it though).
Upon restarting, MaxAsk requested advertising permissions...
With no 'reject all' option, I had to manually untick around 60 permission boxes!
How often will this occur now?
Can you add a 'reject all' option or is this just a 3rd-party plugin that you have no control of!?
I will NEVER give advertising permissions, so if this is too frequent, I guess that means either I have to stop using Maxthon or, I've read, using 'incognito mode' erases cookies on exit, but does that also remove any & all permissions given too?
Is there anywhere, within Maxthon (or on the web) I can see what permissions I have given to what organisations?
In Maxthon settings, under 'permissions', I can see which websites I've allowed cookies, but not what permissions they have.
Would be good if there were 'tick boxes' next to each so I could remove more than one at a time.

9 minutes ago, alexzhus said:

Chrome version 121?
image.jpeg.2455237dfae5bb0c59e23b2eb5121e37.jpeg

You'd have thought they would at least mention that!

However, goto: https://chromiumchecker.com/ & it says "It doesn't look like your using a browser that's built on Chromium."!
(poor they can't spell "you're"!)
Additionally, if you're still using Windows 7 then this new version shouldn't be compatible, so that's suspect too!

Edited by MichaelC362
  • Like 2

It's not so easy to get the "right" version of the Chromium version used in Maxthon, but you should notice, at first that version above 109.x are no more under WS2012R2 usable (so W7, 8, 8.1, WS2012, WS2012R2) (that's a reason why Maxthon is no such rushed to use later version, don't want to loose a part of it's mainly W7 users) 

Another trail to get the real version of chromium used is just to check the reference branch :

image.png.3bc2e0a2dfa41da8b3765deefb81ae93.png

And compare it to the less significant build digit of the Chromium versioning

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+refs

image.thumb.png.028e374ed7e410cca3cbf7784e168798.png

So our Actual Chromium version is still 109.0.5414.146... the 146 cames from 1460 cause padded to four digits. 

image.thumb.png.64e0c732940fe0859506ecb6d9cf6b42.png

Edited by Polaurent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mhzayer said:

The mouse when using the middle scrolling wheel then trying to use the mouse in any other tabs it will make gestures that would send you somewhere else

is my sister's hat smaller than my uncle's garden ?

Edited by Polaurent

16 hours ago, alexzhus said:

Chrome version 121?
image.jpeg.2455237dfae5bb0c59e23b2eb5121e37.jpeg

Hi alexzhus, the team has yet to update the core and have just update the logic for websites. Once core is updated, it will definitely be listed in the description list.

16 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Upon restarting, MaxAsk requested advertising permissions...
With no 'reject all' option, I had to manually untick around 60 permission boxes!
How often will this occur now?

Hi MichaelC362, do you experience this each time you start up the browser? Could you assist to take a screenshot or video when it happens the next time so I could get the engineers to do a further check?

• Like 1

Всем привет! Судя по всему, развитие Макстона происходит при активном участии пользователей. Я понимаю, когда пользователь готов оплатить РАБОЧУЮ опцию. Только почему они должны оплачивать свое участие в БЕТА тесте своим золотом (VIPстатус) ??? Странно... 

Edited by TVGSTR

The old problem is repeated. The MX7 label takes the extreme right position on the taskbar and cannot be transferred to another place. You can move it only when the browser works. If you close the browser after that - he is still there, you must try to move his 1 position - it immediately takes the extreme right position. If, while the browser works, you put it in another place, and then turn it off and turn on the computer, it will again appear in the right law on the taskbar.

Wrote about this earlier: 

29 minutes ago, alexzhus said:

The old problem is repeated. The MX7 label takes the extreme right position on the taskbar and cannot be transferred to another place. You can move it only when the browser works. If you close the browser after that - he is still there, you must try to move his 1 position - it immediately takes the extreme right position. If, while the browser works, you put it in another place, and then turn it off and turn on the computer, it will again appear in the right law on the taskbar.

Wrote about this earlier: 

Hi alexzhus, could you try again with the test version above?

1 hour ago, 1bit said:

Notes are synchronized very slowly or with an error.
This happens in the last few versions.

image.thumb.jpeg.9c08e78236fdd703aab2bfe93701db1b.jpeg

Hi 1bit, could you send me your log file?

43 minutes ago, alexzhus said:

So the test version does not automatically create a shortcut in the fast start -up panel. Not suitable for verification.

Hi alexzhus, you will have to extract the files and overwrite the current version with this test version.

16 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

you will have to extract the files and overwrite the current version with this test version.

I know how to install. The point is that with this method, the Maxton shortcut is not automatically created in the taskbar. If you create a shortcut manually, everything works well. The problem is with the automatically created shortcut.

Edited by alexzhus

53 minutes ago, alexzhus said:

I know how to install. The point is that with this method, the Maxton shortcut is not automatically created in the taskbar. If you create a shortcut manually, everything works well. The problem is with the automatically created shortcut.

Hi alexzhus, could you send us a short video on this issue? Cause we are unable to reproduce this issue and have yet to hear of similar problem by other users.

1 hour ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi alexzhus, could you send us a short video on this issue? Cause we are unable to reproduce this issue and have yet to hear of similar problem by other users.

As soon as it happens again, I'll record a video. Now, after creating the shortcut manually, everything is fine.

• Thanks 1