×

Give a tip

MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.1.600


BugSir006

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 The problem has not been fixed.
1. Google account dropped out when browser relaunch.
2. After restarting the browser error message: "The browser was shut down improperly." And it also drops the google account.

Tip   Give
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

+ Ctrl+left/right to switch tabs

Great to have this back ... in theory. I can't actually get it to work though. Am I overlooking a new option somewhere in the settings?

Additionally, I too am still getting cookies wiped and the browser crashing on close/open. But I assume that's known as ongoing.

Tip   Give
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SEYMOUR said:

 The problem has not been fixed.
1. Google account dropped out when browser relaunch.
2. After restarting the browser error message: "The browser was shut down improperly." And it also drops the google account.

3. In previous versions I had the right-click translation option, it is missing last version.

4. The home button in the upper bar opens now in same tab. I hope you make it open in new tab as used to be.

 

Tip   Give
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2021 at 9:22 PM, Mhzayer said:

Location cannot be determined is not yet fixed in google maps

On 1/9/2021 at 10:54 PM, SEYMOUR said:

1. Google account dropped out when browser relaunch.
2. After restarting the browser error message: "The browser was shut down improperly." And it also drops the google account.

12 hours ago, Perplexer said:

Mouse gestures bugs still not adressed at all.

All of these known bugs are still being analyzed. The dev team will fix them as soon as possible. 😊

Tip   Give
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, migel said:

3. In previous versions I had the right-click translation option, it is missing last version.

You can install the extension Google Translate to Maxthon 6.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-translate/aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb

19 hours ago, migel said:

4. The home button in the upper bar opens now in same tab. I hope you make it open in new tab as used to be.

It will be fixed in the next version. 😊

21 hours ago, SEYMOUR said:

All passwords in Passkeeper have flown.

Hi there, how is it now? Try to refresh the page or sync the data, please.

Tip   Give
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2021 at 12:54 AM, AaronX said:

Great to have this back ... in theory. I can't actually get it to work though. Am I overlooking a new option somewhere in the settings?

Hi there, you can open the browser menu (Alt+F) > Settings > Mouse Gesture > Shortcuts management > More shortcuts, to check them,

shortcuts.jpg

Tip   Give
Link to post
Share on other sites

Aha! I had to restart in order to get it to work without still being effective in a focused form field. Thanks, BugSir!

 

EDIT: Oh, no, I spoke too soon. ☹️ It is again changing tabs, rather than jumping over words, when on a focused form field.

Tip   Give
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, AaronX said:

Aha! I had to restart in order to get it to work without still being effective in a focused form field. Thanks, BugSir!

EDIT: Oh, no, I spoke too soon. ☹️ It is again changing tabs, rather than jumping over words, when on a focused form field.

Hi there, you can delete the previous settings, then add the shortcuts manually.

shortcuts.jpg

Tip   Give
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, you can delete the previous settings, then add the shortcuts manually.

shortcuts.jpg

I've deleted the Tab versions, restarted Maxthon, and set up the arrow versions ... and it's still behaving the same. Switches tab even when a form field like this one is focused, when it should skip over words, as was Maxthon 2 - 5 behaviour.

Tip   Give
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AaronX said:

I've deleted the Tab versions, restarted Maxthon, and set up the arrow versions ... and it's still behaving the same. Switches tab even when a form field like this one is focused, when it should skip over words, as was Maxthon 2 - 5 behaviour.

Could you provide a video of this issue? Download link of the recording tool: https://www.bandicam.com/

Tip   Give
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, how is it now? Try to refresh the page or sync the data, please.

Had to restore from a Maxthon U + backup. It's good that there is such an option.

Tip   Give
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've restarted Maxthon and it's still occurring: Ctrl + Arrow switches tabs even when in a form field.

I don't think it ever existed through a manually configurable set of global shortcuts in previous versions of Maxthon, but a specific separate browser setting. Can it not be this again, and inactive when a field is focused?

Tip   Give
Link to post
Share on other sites

BugSir006, it's not hard to reproduce at all, if you understand what he is saying. Do you understand what he is trying to say??

In MX6, you can't "jump through words" with the text cursor like you can in MX5.

To reproduce:

1. open at least 2 TABs in MX6

2. Go to a textfield (for example a Reply field in this forum) and write some text into it. Then put the cursor at the start of the text and press "CTRL + Right arrow". Instead of the cursor jumping to the next word, your MX6 will skip to next TAB.

If you claim that you can't reprocude this and that your MX6 skips words in text and not TABs, then post your video so we can see proof. 😃

Tip   Give
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

You can install the extension Google Translate to Maxthon 6.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-translate/aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb

I have this extension installed. In previous versions of MX6, by pressing the right mouse button, you could get a translation of the entire page. Now this function is not available.

Attached screenshots for understanding

download.png

 

download-1.png

Tip   Give
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bug: when Maxthon is shown via the boss key, the search popup always re-appears.

Maxthon 6.1.1.600.
The bug was present in 6.1.0 too.

Steps:

1. Open some page. Use search (Ctrl-F) function. Close search via X in the search popup.
2. Use the boss key to hide Maxthon 6.
3. Use the boss key to show Maxthon 6.

AR: The search popup is shown.
ER: The search popup is not shown.

1.png

Tip   Give
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AaronX said:

I've restarted Maxthon and it's still occurring: Ctrl + Arrow switches tabs even when in a form field.

I don't think it ever existed through a manually configurable set of global shortcuts in previous versions of Maxthon, but a specific separate browser setting. Can it not be this again, and inactive when a field is focused?

19 hours ago, Perplexer said:

BugSir006, it's not hard to reproduce at all, if you understand what he is saying. Do you understand what he is trying to say??

In MX6, you can't "jump through words" with the text cursor like you can in MX5.

To reproduce:

1. open at least 2 TABs in MX6

2. Go to a textfield (for example a Reply field in this forum) and write some text into it. Then put the cursor at the start of the text and press "CTRL + Right arrow". Instead of the cursor jumping to the next word, your MX6 will skip to next TAB.

If you claim that you can't reprocude this and that your MX6 skips words in text and not TABs, then post your video so we can see proof. 😃

Thank you for your help! Confirmed. 😊

 

Tip   Give
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.