Mx6 questions and discussions

On 10/5/2023 at 11:29 AM, axiom41 said:

Hello. Just some general questions regarding versions.

1. Why, in the "Release Notes" section of you website there isn't a specific menu item/page for MX7 (there is a unique place for MX6 and MX7)? Also, such separation should exist in this Forum.

2. So far (even if with some exceptions), WinPC MX releases ending by a "whole" thousand (e.g. 7.1.6.1000, 7.0.0.3000, 7.0.0.2000, 6.2.0.2000, etc.), were marked as "Official", but now V7.1.6.2000 is still a "Beta": how come? What are the release numbering criteria?

3. Why mixing Official and Beta versions in the same page? Wouldn't it be easier to have also a page for "Official only" or separate Betas from Officials? Also, having a separate section for any supported OS would help.

Many thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards

You're right 
I guess the problem is they don't have enough devs to sort things out
And they tend to keep their plans vague to us users why? I don't know
I think it's not technical issues rather economical 

• Like 1

Hello,

I'd like to know if there is a guide to use Maxnote for storing (importing ?) bookmarks ? I've subscribed to this option but I don't really how I could do this...

I've deleted previous bookmarks which were imported in Maxnote in ~2020, I don't know how they were imported at this time (MX 5 ?)

Thanks in advance

Edit: I've found that we have to activate an extension... Maybe someone should specify this when we subscribed 😅....

Edited by marcp39

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 4:49 AM, projektilski said:

The two latest betas were not published here. I was also wondering what was going on. Also built-in feature to update to the beta version automatically is sh*t as it does not update to the latest beta, only those betas that developers deem worthy so this option is also not reliable.

https://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/release-notes6/

Hi projektilski, for future release kindly refer to the following release notes: https://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/27464-maxthon-release-notes/

The auto update for beta versions will usually be push when there is a major bug being fixed.

7 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi projektilski, for future release kindly refer to the following release notes: https://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/27464-maxthon-release-notes/

The auto update for beta versions will usually be push when there is a major bug being fixed.

Hi BugSir009,
When you have a checkbox option named "Update the beta version" it implies an update to the latest beta, not major beta which is not the latest. 
Those who want the beta version and use this option, want the latest beta, nothing else. You should either remove the option or make it the latest beta. If it's not the latest, we need to manually check forum threads (which also do get changed as we can see) to get the latest beta which makes the built-in option useless.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 2:52 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi projektilski, this is still pending further discussion and planning by the development team; no concrete decision as yet.

Hi, any news regarding Manifest V2? This is still a very important issue. If Maxthon stops supporting Manifest V2 it might lose many users, including myself (and I've been using it for 10 years at least). Ublock Origin which depends on Manifest V2 (Not 3) is a must-have.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, projektilski said:

Hi, any news regarding Manifest V2? This is still a very important issue. If Maxthon stops supporting Manifest V2 it might lose many users, including myself (and I've been using it for 10 years at least). Ublock Origin which depends on Manifest V2 (Not 3) is a must-have.

Hi projektilski, for the time being we will continue to support V2.

18 hours ago, projektilski said:

Hi, thx for the info, but it is a bit vague. What does it mean for the time being? Currently, Chrome also supports V2, but it will cut the support in 2024. Will Maxthon continue to support V2 in 2024 and later?

Hi projektilski, I have checked with the development team and they mentioned they will have to update Chromium first before they could evaluate the supporting of V2.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, projektilski said:

Yeah, it was not there when I asked. In the meantime I am on 7.1.8001 which is also not shown :)

Hi projektilski, we will not be listing 8101 since no major changes were made. This version is released mainly for the testing of auto-update function. Sometimes we might hold back to release a new version because the developers could be still fixing a bug/crash found.

A while ago my Maxthon stopped asking to to save passwords on new sites. It does ask to update (if changed) on a previously saved site. This happens with at least 5-10 latest betas (including 8200).

In addition to this new behavior, it never asked to save a password on the ESXI web interface - this is true for all versions. 

The bug, when more than 100 tabs are hidden, not showing the whole number of hidden tabs is still there.

Installation should remember installation settings from before and should ask if we want both icons (mx and note) on the desktop and taskbar and remember those choices. Next time when I upgrade (and it should know it is an upgrade) it should offer previously selected options. I don't like to delete icons from desktop and taskbar every time I do an upgrade.

Update to BETA version still does not do what it is supposed to do - update to the LATEST beta.

19 hours ago, projektilski said:

A while ago my Maxthon stopped asking to to save passwords on new sites. It does ask to update (if changed) on a previously saved site. This happens with at least 5-10 latest betas (including 8200).

In addition to this new behavior, it never asked to save a password on the ESXI web interface - this is true for all versions.

Hi projektilski, kindly go to passkeeper and click on settings then select 'password autosave popup'

image.png

The bug, when more than 100 tabs are hidden, not showing the whole number of hidden tabs is still there.

There are plans for optimization pf the tabs for future versions.

Installation should remember installation settings from before and should ask if we want both icons (mx and note) on the desktop and taskbar and remember those choices. Next time when I upgrade (and it should know it is an upgrade) it should offer previously selected options. I don't like to delete icons from desktop and taskbar every time I do an upgrade.

You could choose not to have MaxNote shortcut in the installation window.

image.png

Update to BETA version still does not do what it is supposed to do - update to the LATEST beta.

Auto update will only be done when it is pushed from our backend. For example from version 8100 to 8101.

4 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi projektilski, kindly go to passkeeper and click on settings then select 'password autosave popup'

image.png

There are plans for optimization pf the tabs for future versions.

You could choose not to have MaxNote shortcut in the installation window.

image.png

Auto update will only be done when it is pushed from our backend. For example from version 8100 to 8101.

Thanks for the tip about the Passkeeper popup. Why was it turned off in the first place and why is this option hidden on the Passkeeper webpage?

Creating the MaxNote shortcut is not the same as creating the Maxthon shortcut. Also, it should remember my previous choice if upgrading. I don't want to remove the Maxthon shortcut every time there is an upgrade. I like my desktop (and taskbar) clean.

Regarding the auto-update option. It is very misleading (and I could say a lie) to have an option "update to beta" checked and that browser says you are "up to date" even though there is a newer beta to be downloaded manually. 

Maxthon is the only software that I know of, where the "up to date" with the BETA option checked is not "up to date" to the latest BETA.  There is a clear meaning of what "up to date" means and what Maxthon is doing is not that.

Edited by projektilski
  • Like 1

Let me prove again the point about the built-in update feature of Maxthon and its uselessness and how it deceives users.

image.thumb.png.9b1bbb029eedb986be2e5bfe0d9538c5.png

It says I'm up to date. But am I?

image.thumb.png.dedde7394713c208f18580a3cd8af9f4.png

No, I'm not. It's a factual lie. It is extremely annoying and shows disrespect to its users.

Edited by projektilski
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, projektilski said:

Let me prove again the point about the built-in update feature of Maxthon and its uselessness and how it deceives users.

image.thumb.png.9b1bbb029eedb986be2e5bfe0d9538c5.png

It says I'm up to date. But am I?

image.thumb.png.dedde7394713c208f18580a3cd8af9f4.png

No, I'm not. It's a factual lie. It is extremely annoying and shows disrespect to its users.

Just imagine it's written Update to some beta versions 
and live a happy life