Maxthon PC 7.1.7.8100 beta

BugSir009

+ Added new tab page solid color background settings that allow customizing background color when no background image is set
* Optimized browser startup speed by 10%
- Fixed an issue with bookmark synchronization failure
- Fixed overlapping and size errors in the update prompt window
- Fixed an issue where adding all pages to bookmarks from the right-click menu on tabs failed
- Fixed known crashes

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.8100/maxthon_7.1.7.8100_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.8100/maxthon_7.1.7.8100_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.8100/maxthon_portable_7.1.7.8100_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.8100/maxthon_portable_7.1.7.8100_beta_x86.zip

16 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
The change log for Version 7.1.7.8101 (64-bit) 1213 04:02 is the same as for Version 7.1.7.8100 (64-bit) 1211 13:02.

Maxthon alerted me to an update, so I did it, but it's newer than what you list here...
What's in the actual change log?

Hi MichaelC362, there will be no change log for 8101 since no major adjustments are made. This version is mainly released to test on auto-update function.

On 12/13/2023 at 4:55 AM, BugSir009 said:

+ Added new tab page solid color background settings that allow customizing background color when no background image is set

This is a good setting and the wallpaper no longer flickers! But still, the white screen starts up first, only then the background is colored. It’s very unpleasant, for example, Vivaldi does not have such a problem.
I also updated inside the portable Maxthon to version 7.1.7.8101 (32-bit)... At the same time, for some reason the Installer completely erased all other versions, including 7.1.6.1000, which was my main one. This was the latest version without the wallpaper loading problem. And the version on Github is now different from the one I had. This is the last time I trusted the program to update. Only by hand!

1 hour ago, Chemodan said:

This is a good setting and the wallpaper no longer flickers! But still, the white screen starts up first, only then the background is colored. It’s very unpleasant, for example, Vivaldi does not have such a problem.

Hi Chemodan, could you record a short video of this issue?

1 hour ago, Chemodan said:

At the same time, for some reason the Installer completely erased all other versions, including 7.1.6.1000, which was my main one.

Did you mean the 8101 portable version overwrite all other portable you install before?

11 hours ago, Chemodan said:

Yes. The folders were completely deleted, without the recycle bin.

Hi Chemodan, this might be due to the auto update that was triggered; which is why once you update to the latest 8101, it is considered that you are updating all the previous versions to 8101 as well. If you do not want the browser to update, only select 'Auto check and notify for updates' and 'Never check for updates' in the settings.

image.png

On 12/14/2023 at 4:33 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi MichaelC362, there will be no change log for 8101 since no major adjustments are made. This version is mainly released to test on auto-update function.

It auto updated to 8101 version here
I'm on windows 11

21 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

If you do not want the browser to update, only select 'Auto check and notify for updates' and 'Never check for updates' in the settings.

Hello. This option is always disabled. But this time I turned on the check because I wanted to check what would be updated in version 8101. I didn’t think that neighboring folders of other versions were simply deleted. They must remain intact.

Hello,

Both version 7.1.7.8101 (64-bit) and 7.1.7.8100 (64-bit) deleted all passwords from passkeeper. After upgrading automatically or manually, the records remain but all password fields are empty.

I am using portable version (7.1.7.5400)Screenshot2023-12-17195606.thumb.png.e72506a3b22f8306f9f5217246b1e2d5.png

Thank you

9 minutes ago, June8 said:

Hello,

Both version 7.1.7.8101 (64-bit) and 7.1.7.8100 deleted all passwords from passkeeper. The records remain but allpassword fields are empty.

Thank you

What do you mean
I'm on 7.1.7.8101 (64-bit) and I can see all my passwords
On Windows 11 installed version

5 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

What do you mean

5 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

What do you mean

I am using portable version (7.1.7.5400). After upgrading automatically or manually, password fields shown empty.

Screenshot 2023-12-17 195606.png

On 12/16/2023 at 8:30 AM, Chemodan said:

Hello. This option is always disabled. But this time I turned on the check because I wanted to check what would be updated in version 8101. I didn’t think that neighboring folders of other versions were simply deleted. They must remain intact.

Hi Chemodan, yes if the option is turned on and there is an auto update being pushed from the backend, the current version will automatically be updated.

3 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi cherey, seems like a firewall has been blocking the browser. Could you disable the firewall and try again?

No. Sorry. I can't configure anything because this computer is under a company domain and I don't have administrator privileges.

Maxthon 7.1.7.8200  Beta
Changelog:
 +Added safe mode startup, click Main Menu-More Tools-Safe Mode to start Maxthon Browser in safe mode
* Optimize the installation process and add optional installation items after the installation is completed
* Updated multi-language translations
-Fixed the problem that modifying notes in the bookmark bar may be invalid
- Fixed the crash caused by opening the page to query note data

Added safe mode startup, click Main Menu-More Tools-Safe Mode to start Maxthon Browser in safe mode

Does not work.

Archived