Mx6 questions and discussions

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I noticed that in the Bookmark manager there are right-click menu options to cut, copy and paste an entry, however the paste doesn't seem right to be in this context menu.

image.png.8e34d355c6c98ab9231cb5eacef3bede.png

And it appears not only on folders, but on links.

image.png.716cddd9b64b3c7905a1bf3c809ca765.png

Further, the paste acts as paste in the current folder in both cases. On a selected folder it should act as paste into the selected folder.

At the same time the context menu for the current folder does not include paste, when it should.

image.png.6313114051f5277a862117ff29b7aa73.png

Please make the following UX corrections:

1. Remove the paste from site entries.

2. Make the paste from the context menu of a selected folder to paste into this folder.

3. Add the paste option to the context menu of the current folder (the blank space) to paste an entry into the current folder.

Thank you!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dragoncho said:

Hello, I noticed that in the Bookmark manager there are right-click menu options to cut, copy and paste an entry, however the paste doesn't seem right to be in this context menu.

image.png.8e34d355c6c98ab9231cb5eacef3bede.png

And it appears not only on folders, but on links.

image.png.716cddd9b64b3c7905a1bf3c809ca765.png

Further, the paste acts as paste in the current folder in both cases. On a selected folder it should act as paste into the selected folder.

At the same time the context menu for the current folder does not include paste, when it should.

image.png.6313114051f5277a862117ff29b7aa73.png

Please make the following UX corrections:

1. Remove the paste from site entries.

2. Make the paste from the context menu of a selected folder to paste into this folder.

3. Add the paste option to the context menu of the current folder (the blank space) to paste an entry into the current folder.

Thank you!

Hi Dragoncho, may I know which version are you using?

On 7/3/2023 at 6:49 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Dragoncho, may I know which version are you using?

Ah, just updated. The last manually downloaded was on June 9th, I guess I was using it - 7.0.2.2300 Beta.

On 6/9/2023 at 1:57 PM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Dragoncho, usually the development team will only push for update when official version is released; in this case the latest official version is V7.0.2.2001. Unless there is a major bug being fixed in latest beta, else the team will not push for auto update.

Speaking of which, now I got an automatic update to the latest beta 7.0.2.2700. However, the update process was kind of strange - there was a light gray only circle to the left of a text stating that it was checking for a new version, if I remember correctly. After some "hanging" time it said the browser is almost updated and needs a restart. Other than this strange text/display all was fine. Of course, it was with the previous beta I had installed.

8 hours ago, Dragoncho said:

Ah, just updated. The last manually downloaded was on June 9th, I guess I was using it - 7.0.2.2300 Beta.

Speaking of which, now I got an automatic update to the latest beta 7.0.2.2700. However, the update process was kind of strange - there was a light gray only circle to the left of a text stating that it was checking for a new version, if I remember correctly. After some "hanging" time it said the browser is almost updated and needs a restart. Other than this strange text/display all was fine. Of course, it was with the previous beta I had installed.

Hi Dragoncho, yes this is normal. Once the system detects a later version that was pushed through our backend team, it will update automatically and require a restart of browser for the updates to work as intended.

1 hour ago, kvd71 said:

V7.0.2.2700

Hi kvd71, could you send a screenshot of the duplicate bookmarks you have?

12 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Привет, Драгончо, да, это нормально. Как только система обнаружит более позднюю версию, которая была отправлена через нашу серверную команду, она автоматически обновится и потребует перезапуска браузера, чтобы обновления работали должным образом.

Привет, kvd71, не могли бы вы прислать скриншот дубликатов закладок, которые у вас есть?

image.thumb.png.0c39e22250c5a651a90242d076f01ed2.png

По Вашему скрину,  панель закладок отключается на любой внешней вкладке (странице), а на главном экране не отключается

Edited by kvd71

When the browser crashes, the next time it starts, all the windows that were open at the time of the crash open. Why don't you make it so that I can close all the windows at once, so that when the browser starts, they all open?

Somewhere above in the topic, I suggested making a menu on the sidebar with the ability to open windows that were opened in the last session. Unfortunately, opening the windows of the last session from history is not very convenient, besides, they disappear from there over time.

6 hours ago, Rainman said:

When the browser crashes, the next time it starts, all the windows that were open at the time of the crash open. Why don't you make it so that I can close all the windows at once, so that when the browser starts, they all open?

Somewhere above in the topic, I suggested making a menu on the sidebar with the ability to open windows that were opened in the last session. Unfortunately, opening the windows of the last session from history is not very convenient, besides, they disappear from there over time.

Hi Rainman, request recorded. As you had mentioned above, may I know the crash that occurred is it in the latest 2900 version? If yes, kindly send us the crash report so the development team could check further.

On 6/16/2023 at 3:20 PM, rambo said:

Often I open many tabs at once (10, 20, 30+) and then I close one by one (as needed).
First, everything goes well, but after 10 (20 or..) tabs action (closing tab) is late. And every other tab closing creates more problems. Eventually we have "not responding" message and possible crush. 

Notes:

I close tabs mostly by double click tab (but when closing by "x" I have the same effect). 
Problem also persists if you right click tab and "Close tabs to the right" etc.
First noticed, maybe 2-4 months ago.
I don't think that happens because of many tabs. I used to open much more tabs with older/weaker computers. 

PC config: Latest Win 11, 12th gen Intel CPU, 32gb RAM
MX - Version7.0.2.2300(64-bit)0605

On 6/16/2023 at 6:49 PM, Magdalene said:

@ Rambo

Are you using Tab Sleep function?

Same problem here, started with version 7 and still persists. Closing some tabs takes progressively longer until everything freezes and you have to kill the process. Tried the tab sleep option, nothing changed. It even freezes on closing its own Settings tab, so it's not any particular site that's causing it

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lyasangi said:

Same problem here, started with version 7 and still persists. Closing some tabs takes progressively longer until everything freezes and you have to kill the process. Tried the tab sleep option, nothing changed. It even freezes on closing its own Settings tab, so it's not any particular site that's causing it

Hi lyasangi, could you try to enable/disable hardware acceleration in settings and see if it helps?

image.png

1, The issue regarding the development team deciding which BETA version should show via the auto-update feature is still there. ALL beta versions should be included if "update to beta version" is checked. You either include all betas or do not offer that option. 

2. When opened tabs that did not fit the window are hidden and exceed 2 digits (so 100 or more are hidden) the displayed number is not properly visible nor it shows via pop-up.

image.png.aeab5d0796fbf860e3b3723afeb530fb.png

3. When editing a link deep in the nested folder (actually anywhere in the bookmarks), after editing, the bookmark window closes and you need to navigate to it back to edit another link. It is very annoying when editing multiple links.

4. When opening a new tab or a new window through the drop menu QA is opened and there is no way to open the selected home page.

Edited by projektilski
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, projektilski said:

1, The issue regarding the development team deciding which BETA version should show via the auto-update feature is still there. ALL beta versions should be included if "update to beta version" is checked. You either include all betas or do not offer that option.

Hi projektilski, have recorded your request for the team's planning and consideration.

2. When opened tabs that did not fit the window are hidden and exceed 2 digits (so 100 or more are hidden) the displayed number is not properly visible nor it shows via pop-up.

image.png.aeab5d0796fbf860e3b3723afeb530fb.png

Bug reported.

3. When editing a link deep in the nested folder (actually anywhere in the bookmarks), after editing, the bookmark window closes and you need to navigate to it back to edit another link. It is very annoying when editing multiple links.

This will only appear in the bookmarks menu and are meant for editing of a link or title when required. If you require to edit multiple bookmarks at one go, it is advisable to go to bookmarks manager to edit or to MaxNote if you have already imported all the bookmarks over. In this way, you don't have to navigate through all the folders for each edit.

4. When opening a new tab or a new window through the drop menu QA is opened and there is no way to open the selected home page.

I have checked on this issue with the product team and a new window should be able to optimized to open selected home page. However, a new tab will high likely remain unchanged.

• 1 month later...

I had many tabs open in several windows. At some point, I decided to close the extra ones and started closing the tabs one by one. The first one closed instantly, and after closing about 10-20 tabs, the next one closed for about 10 minutes on a powerful computer! All MX windows, at the same time, hung. Other programs, at the same time - worked fine. What can MX do when closing a tab?

Ver. 7.1.6.1500(64bit), portable. However, I have observed this behavior in previous versions as well.

+
It seems that it happens when I closed all the tabs of one window, then closed the empty window itself, and then started closing the tabs of another window.

Edited by Rainman

2 hours ago, Rainman said:

I had many tabs open in several windows. At some point, I decided to close the extra ones and started closing the tabs one by one. The first one closed instantly, and after closing about 10-20 tabs, the next one closed for about 10 minutes on a powerful computer! All MX windows, at the same time, hung. Other programs, at the same time - worked fine. What can MX do when closing a tab?

Ver. 7.1.6.1500(64bit), portable. However, I have observed this behavior in previous versions as well.

Hi Rainman, I have reported this bug to the development team and they will see how they could fix this issue.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to recover Bookmarks deleted due to synchronization between phone and computer?
It's a big problem, seriously. This is forcing me to never use the phone version again. It's very bad. It deleted Bookmarks without my request. I was very surprised by that when I now entered my list and did not find entire folders including files.. 

I hope you include this..

Hello. Just some general questions regarding versions.

1. Why, in the "Release Notes" section of you website there isn't a specific menu item/page for MX7 (there is a unique place for MX6 and MX7)? Also, such separation should exist in this Forum.

2. So far (even if with some exceptions), WinPC MX releases ending by a "whole" thousand (e.g. 7.1.6.1000, 7.0.0.3000, 7.0.0.2000, 6.2.0.2000, etc.), were marked as "Official", but now V7.1.6.2000 is still a "Beta": how come? What are the release numbering criteria?

3. Why mixing Official and Beta versions in the same page? Wouldn't it be easier to have also a page for "Official only" or separate Betas from Officials? Also, having a separate section for any supported OS would help.

Many thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards

Edited by axiom41
Adding some text
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1