Maxthon PC 7.1.7.8200 beta

BugSir009

Maxthon PC 7.1.7.8200 beta

+ Added Safe Mode Startup. Click on the main menu - More Tools - Safe Mode to start Maxthon Browser in Safe Mode.
* Optimized Installation Process. Optional installation items are now adjusted after installation.
* Updated translations for multiple languages.
- Fixed an issue where modifying notes in the bookmark bar might not take effect.
- Fixed crashes caused by querying note data when opening a page.

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.8200/maxthon_7.1.7.8200_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.8200/maxthon_7.1.7.8200_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.8200/maxthon_portable_7.1.7.8200_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.8200/maxthon_portable_7.1.7.8200_beta_x86.zip

1 hour ago, alexzhus said:

Does not work.

Hi alexzhus, once safe mode is activated, you will not see extensions at the toolbar. Maybe you could check and see if extensions are still there? If everything still remains the same even after you activate the safe mode, do record a short video so I could ask the developers to check on it.

Hello!
Installed update, but didn't prompt to create taskbar shortcut (like last couple of versions did) & created a duplicate (already existed), which was then auto-removed upon first run... that's what it was doing for quite a few versions, but when the prompt was added, I could say "no", but now that's gone again.

7 hours ago, alexzhus said:

Check to be sure no maxthon processes are still running before restarting Maxthon

10 hours ago, alexzhus said:

Does not work.

noextensions.png.2be20664d863fc543c4ec17689c4b6d8.png

This is my browser after restarting in sage mode
There are no extensions
I'm on installed version on win11

13 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

+ Added Safe Mode Startup. Click on the main menu - More Tools - Safe Mode to start Maxthon Browser in Safe Mode.

Is there a way to make it work through alt+close or something similar
and could you make it reversible like using shft+alt+close to restart in normal mode
without having to do many steps?

1 hour ago, Refix2 said:

Why has the option to edit the group name in quick access disappeared, and was it no longer available in the previous version ? :(

Grupa-QuickAcces.jpg

That's right it's no longer available and found nowhere to edit it

14 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Safe Mode to start Maxthon Browser in Safe Mode.

I lost most of my extensions after doing that I had many extensions now I'm left with only a few
to be exact I ran ver 7.1.7.8100 portable
and there were all my extensions 24 
But the 7.1.7.8200 installed ver had only 5

ver 7.1.7.8200 portable retained all my 24 extensions too
I copied my user data from the portable folder to the installed path and they're there now all of my 24 extensions
after restarting in safe mode again and again I lose all extensions except 6 of them
two of these 6 extensions ;the antivirus and download manager reinstall themselves everytime I relaunch maxthon normally after a safe mode session

So Safe mode restart corrupts my user data folder ( good thing I have a backup)
some issues to mention in this process
1. I lost the Maxthon icon in the taskbar now it looks like an empty page
2. I could update to ver 7.1.7.8101  after checking the auto update to beta versions
3. It couldn't update to the 7.1.7.8200 automatically 

Now to check for the 8200 extension deletion again after installing it
Here we go
Before I run the safe mode process
I have to mention that my user data was 1.02 gb before installing 8200 
now it's 577.09 mb ( what happened there🤷‍♀️?)
BTW the icon is still an empty page after installing 8200

The safe mode extension deletion is present after restarting in safe mode
BTW
I had a message that Maxthon crashed when restarting in safe mode although Maxthon ran with no extensions

crashed.png

These are the only surviving extensions that don't get deleted

BTW 
My user data folder increased to 589.77 mb after the safe mode test

the6extensions.thumb.png.8f02ae9cda84c1566a0f46f4bfab0879.png

One good thing to mention about safe mode restart
My tiktok page can display my home page "For you" videos which kept popping an error message with extensions enabled
which suggests that it was an extension problem I guess I'll try to find the culprit extension

Now my user data folder has increased to 640.75 mb

17 hours ago, alexzhus said:

Hi alexzhus, thanks alot. I have forwarded the video to the development team for further check.

8 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Is there a way to make it work through alt+close or something similar
and could you make it reversible like using shft+alt+close to restart in normal mode
without having to do many steps?

Hi Mhzayer, I will forward your suggestion to the development team.

4 hours ago, Magdalene said:

"2. I could update to ver 7.1.7.8101  after checking the auto update to beta versions
3. It couldn't update to the 7.1.7.8200 automatically "

Same here. 

X64 Portable updated easily.

For X64 exe version I had to delete everything except user data and then install

Hi Magdalene, the developers are checking on this latest version. Perhaps you could try to install it again once they have checked and rectified the issue; I will keep you updated again once it is done.

4 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi @alexzhus @Mhzayer, could you try the test version attached and see if it works? @Mhzayer kindly use backup your user data first prior to testing. And keep me notified if the extensions still disappear once you start the safe mode. Thank you!

mini_installer(6)(1).exe 103.41 MB · 11 downloads

Yup 
Everything looks good

"Hi Magdalene, the developers are checking on this latest version. Perhaps you could try to install it again once they have checked and rectified the issue; I will keep you updated again once it is done."

Both versions are working fine now.

The X64 exe version wouldn't update from 8101 either using the updater or installing so I needed to make a clean install.

4 hours ago, alexzhus said:

By the way, I noticed that after safe mode the adblock and translator extensions disappeared.

After reinstalling the browser they did not appear.

Only installing the previously copied browser data folder helped.

I have google translate and adblock plus and they're not deleted

14 hours ago, alexzhus said:

By the way, I noticed that after safe mode the adblock and translator extensions disappeared.

After reinstalling the browser they did not appear.

Only installing the previously copied browser data folder helped.

Hi alexzhus, is this based on the test version?

2 hours ago, alexzhus said:

Launch the browser in safe mode. Everything is fine - no extensions. We restart the browser - everything is fine, the extensions are in place. Close the browser and launch it again. There are not adblock or translator extensions.

Hi alexzhus, we have tested out on a few PC but could not reproduce this loss of extensions issue. Could you make a copy of your user data and try out using the attached test version again?

mini_installer(7).exe

33 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi alexzhus, we have tested out on a few PC but could not reproduce this loss of extensions issue. Could you make a copy of your user data and try out using the attached test version again?

The same problem remains. Adblock and translator are missing.

1 hour ago, lejolipoulpe said:

Hello,

Passkeeper seems to no longer save new passwords, it's been several sites that I have created and no longer have the option to save identifiers.
Is this a bug, or just sites that are not compatible??

Thank you, have a nice day

Hi lejolipoulpe, please go to passkeeper settings and enable 'password autosave popup'

image.png.c80220268d07c6a3834906b4309e4ad0.png

Archived