+ Added Settings - Advanced Settings - Laboratory
+ Added mouse gesture switch and blacklist settings
+ Added switch for always opening links in a new tab
* Installation logic optimization
* Multilingual translation updates
- Fixed abnormal exit issue when closing the browser
- Fixed issue where the new tab doesn't display quick access
- Fixed abnormal note-sharing issue

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.6.1300/maxthon_7.1.6.1300_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.6.1300/maxthon_7.1.6.1300_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.6.1300/maxthon_portable_7.1.6.1300_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.6.1300/maxthon_portable_7.1.6.1300_beta_x86.zip

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

9 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

I wish you have the time to fix 
Netflix

Hi Mhzayer, the development team have been trying their best to fix the issue for these streaming platforms. Unfortunately, due to the rights of Widevine, they are unable to proceed further until they managed to contact Widevine and have access to the rights.

1 hour ago, mrok said:

Hello. Will there ever be tabs at the bottom of the screen??

I used to like them at the bottom too but I got used to them on top
I don't think I'm going to go back to liking them on the bottom anymore

I'll have to get used to it again

Hello!
Upgraded to new version, but still getting 'Features' displayed before 'About' & stil only on first click & ok after.

Re. the 'Widevine' issue for DRM streaming (e.g. Netflix, Amazon, BT, etc), their website says, "Widevine enables secure premium content protection utilizing free-to-use, standards-based solutions for OTT and CAS services." - that implies it's free for you to use & other web browsers are using it, so, unless you do need to pay for a  licence (in which case you'll just have to do so!), this is a major incompatibility issue for Maxthon & should be your number #1 priority to implement, even more than upgrading the ridiculously out-of-date Chromium core!
Hopefully, you're not trying to write your own codecs for widevine else we could all be waiting years!?

Settings_202381611599.png

14 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Upgraded to new version, but still getting 'Features' displayed before 'About' & stil only on first click & ok after.

Hi MichaelC362, have feedback this to the developer and they will see how to go about optimizing it.

Re. the 'Widevine' issue for DRM streaming (e.g. Netflix, Amazon, BT, etc), their website says, "Widevine enables secure premium content protection utilizing free-to-use, standards-based solutions for OTT and CAS services." - that implies it's free for you to use & other web browsers are using it, so, unless you do need to pay for a  licence (in which case you'll just have to do so!), this is a major incompatibility issue for Maxthon & should be your number #1 priority to implement, even more than upgrading the ridiculously out-of-date Chromium core!

We have been trying to get in touch with Widevine for the process to obtain the license but unfortunately there hasn't been a reply at all; which is why we are currently stuck although we are open to a solution around it.

Need help...

I've inadvertently clicked on the switch core button (from Blink to Trident) for Microsoft's Outlook website, while I had an email open, with attachments, one of which was being previewed & I clicked 'print' & then the core button (accidentally) - Outlook just sits there & does nothing in Trident mode, but clicking the button again reverts it back to Blink & the print dialogue is displayed & all is ok... However, I now have to do this for EVERY email attachment I want to print!  Clicking Maxthon's 'Site settings' & 'Clear all' + 'Reset permissions' doesn't help.  Is there somewhere I can see all websites with specified display core (Blink or Trident) & then just delete or revert to default (which I also don't see as a setting anymore - used to be able to select 'auto' or 'always' for Blink)?

15 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
Where 'Features' were displaying with 'About', I see they're now displaying elsewhere too!

Settings_202381712188.thumb.png.075f37cd343795a41a983ec231e7c2ef.png

Hi MichaelC362, this will be fixed in the next version.

Need help...

I've inadvertently clicked on the switch core button (from Blink to Trident) for Microsoft's Outlook website, while I had an email open, with attachments, one of which was being previewed & I clicked 'print' & then the core button (accidentally) - Outlook just sits there & does nothing in Trident mode, but clicking the button again reverts it back to Blink & the print dialogue is displayed & all is ok... However, I now have to do this for EVERY email attachment I want to print!  Clicking Maxthon's 'Site settings' & 'Clear all' + 'Reset permissions' doesn't help.  Is there somewhere I can see all websites with specified display core (Blink or Trident) & then just delete or revert to default (which I also don't see as a setting anymore - used to be able to select 'auto' or 'always' for Blink)?

Hi MichaelC362, could you try by closing the browser and change your user data name, afterwhich relaunch the browser again to see if it works?

On 8/15/2023 at 3:39 PM, Mhzayer said:

I used to like them at the bottom too but I got used to them on top
Nie są, są one wrób do polanii ich na zasiłek

I'll have to get used to it again

It's about choice. So you can choose either up or down. Probably not a problem for programmers. For me, the tabs on top disqualify the browser, which is why I don't use maxton anymore. And I wanted to return to it.

7 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi MichaelC362, this will be fixed in the next version.

Hi MichaelC362, could you try by closing the browser and change your user data name, afterwhich relaunch the browser again to see if it works?

So you're saying, once a website is set to Trident, there's no way, within Maxthon, to change that back (in this instance, when a URL is opened by a link, rather than the main page itself)!?
Clearly, there needs to be available, internally,a list of websites with selected core, zoom level & anything else one can select, with options to amend or remove.
I've seen 100s of customers with (mostly) Opera browser where they've zoomed in or out for websites, which, like Maxthon, is remembered per website, but at least Opera lists these allowing edit or removal (I suspect other web browsers do too as it's an obvious requirement).
There used to be an option in Maxthon for force Blink or auto-detect, but I don't see anything like that now.
Since Trident is so incompatible these days (mostly only required for old government, recruitment & educational websites), it's not something that would be a big issue to lose anyway (it's still nice to have it, just in case!), however, it NEEDS to be manageable.

20 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

So you're saying, once a website is set to Trident, there's no way, within Maxthon, to change that back (in this instance, when a URL is opened by a link, rather than the main page itself)!?
Clearly, there needs to be available, internally,a list of websites with selected core, zoom level & anything else one can select, with options to amend or remove.
I've seen 100s of customers with (mostly) Opera browser where they've zoomed in or out for websites, which, like Maxthon, is remembered per website, but at least Opera lists these allowing edit or removal (I suspect other web browsers do too as it's an obvious requirement).
There used to be an option in Maxthon for force Blink or auto-detect, but I don't see anything like that now.
Since Trident is so incompatible these days (mostly only required for old government, recruitment & educational websites), it's not something that would be a big issue to lose anyway (it's still nice to have it, just in case!), however, it NEEDS to be manageable.

You can enable the switch core button and change the core engine on the fly.

image.png

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

When I want to report a broken extension, Maxton closes with an error. After the first time a report was sent. The same action in the Vivaldi browser did not raise any error and the page for submitting a complaint was opened. If you just delete the extension without the complaint checkbox, then everything is fine.

2 hours ago, Chemodan said:

When I want to report a broken extension, Maxton closes with an error. After the first time a report was sent. The same action in the Vivaldi browser did not raise any error and the page for submitting a complaint was opened. If you just delete the extension without the complaint checkbox, then everything is fine.

Hi Chemodan, kindly send the dump file so I could get the developer to check on this issue.

image.png

38 minutes ago, grisp1 said:

Hello @BugSir009.

The issue described in this post 

still not fixed.

Please advise.

Hi grisp1, could you kindly send us a video on this issue so we could look into it?

On 8/20/2023 at 11:23 PM, BugSir009 said:

Hi grisp1, could you kindly send us a video on this issue so we could look into it?

Hi @BugSir009

I'm unable to record a video of the incident since it's difficult to reproduce, I just made a screenshot (please see below). When you have an unread Facebook notification pending and https://www.facebook.com page was open in the last session, a notification window pops in Maxthon when the browser starts. Clicking the notification window crashes Maxthon.

Thanks.

facebook.png.12fb95cd5906f2f3e8d4b52a7d1316b0.png

5 hours ago, grisp1 said:

Hi @BugSir009

I'm unable to record a video of the incident since it's difficult to reproduce, I just made a screenshot (please see below). When you have an unread Facebook notification pending and https://www.facebook.com page was open in the last session, a notification window pops in Maxthon when the browser starts. Clicking the notification window crashes Maxthon.

Thanks.

facebook.png.12fb95cd5906f2f3e8d4b52a7d1316b0.png

Hi grisp1, could you send me your crash report so I could get the developer to check further into it?

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2023 at 5:03 AM, BugSir009 said:
On 8/16/2023 at 2:15 PM, MichaelC362 said:

We have been trying to get in touch with Widevine for the process to obtain the license but unfortunately there hasn't been a reply at all; which is why we are currently stuck although we are open to a solution around it.

Hello @MaxthonJeff, could we please have an update on the progress toward resolving this major product flaw? It's difficult to believe that it hasn't been sorted out by now if the management team were properly focused on it.

On 10/6/2023 at 3:21 PM, phoenix-76 said:

Hello @MaxthonJeff, could we please have an update on the progress toward resolving this major product flaw? It's difficult to believe that it hasn't been sorted out by now if the management team were properly focused on it.

Sadly been using Chrome with Netflex instead of Maxthon

Archived