Maxthon PC 7.1.7.8800 beta

BugSir009

Maxthon PC 7.1.7.8800 beta

+ Added system notification feature for real-time asset change alerts, ensuring users receive important updates promptly.
+ Added a shortcut to the AI Chat in the sidebar, providing an intelligent interaction experience.
* Optimized address bar search results to display more relevant content.
* Updated translations for multiple languages.
- Fixed the issue of the extension installation page displaying abnormally on high DPI.
- Fixed the problem where the upgrade program could not replace correctly.

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.8800/maxthon_7.1.7.8800_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.8800/maxthon_7.1.7.8800_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.8800/maxthon_portable_7.1.7.8800_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.8800/maxthon_portable_7.1.7.8800_beta_x86.zip

Hello!
This one was better for Windows 10 - no extra shortcuts created - will try Windows 11 tonight.
v7.1.7.8600 reintroduced the duplicate entries in the download manager (unless I've just been lucky for the few versions before that didn't show any!?).

When on a shared computer & going to a website that has login (e.g. www.amazon.co.uk), when I click into the email box, Maxthon offers accounts from a stored list (even if those accounts hadn't previously been used on this website!) - where is this list stored & how do I remove individual entries?
For my own computer, this is a benefit, but for a 'works' or shared computer, it's a privacy issue!

The last 2 releases (7.1.7.8600 & 7.1.7.8800), on outlook.office.com (online email), when opening an email, the 'close' button icon isn't displayed, just a [x] (or have Microsoft themselves changed that!?):
image.png.67942be109aa903bd98d8c6e994047f6.png

Investigation into the autofill entries shows highlighting an entry & pressing shift+delete does indeed remove it from suggestions for that website, but closing the website & going back then offers different autofill suggestions!  Removing them too & exit & go back & no more listed... this would be better if there was a [x] next to each entry & better still if the list was shown in Maxthon settings somewhere, per website, with options to delete individual or all autofill entries per website.

1 hour ago, MichaelC362 said:

The last 2 releases (7.1.7.8600 & 7.1.7.8800), on outlook.office.com (online email), when opening an email, the 'close' button icon isn't displayed, just a [x] (or have Microsoft themselves changed that!?):
image.png.67942be109aa903bd98d8c6e994047f6.png

.8400 is the same.

It seems to me, MS changed the layout some time ago.

12 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

this would be better if there was a [x] next to each entry

Hi MichaelC362, suggestion recorded.

8 hours ago, ero35 said:

1-Version update (chrome 120....)

Hi ero35, the development team are working on updating the core.

8 hours ago, ero35 said:

2-Support for opening a Google account

Request recorded for development team's consideration.

6 hours ago, Honza K. said:

Why don't you post new releases in "release notes" section anymore?

Hi Honza K., the new versions release can be found here

Hi! It is not possible to move the browser shortcut on the taskbar to a position other than the far right position.

I installed the browser, the shortcut cannot be moved. After 10 minutes such an opportunity appears. I turned on the computer, the shortcut was again in the far right position on the taskbar, and it was impossible to move it again. After 5-10 minutes it can be moved again to another place. There was no such glitch in earlier versions.

I closed and opened the browser and its shortcut is again in the far right position after all the shortcuts on the taskbar and cannot be moved again.

After a couple of minutes, its movement is available again.

4 hours ago, alexzhus said:

Hi! It is not possible to move the browser shortcut on the taskbar to a position other than the far right position.

I installed the browser, the shortcut cannot be moved. After 10 minutes such an opportunity appears. I turned on the computer, the shortcut was again in the far right position on the taskbar, and it was impossible to move it again. After 5-10 minutes it can be moved again to another place. There was no such glitch in earlier versions.

I closed and opened the browser and its shortcut is again in the far right position after all the shortcuts on the taskbar and cannot be moved again.

After a couple of minutes, its movement is available again.

Hi alexzhus, could you kindly reinstall and see if this issue happen again?

45 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi alexzhus, could you kindly reinstall and see if this issue happen again?

Reinstalled. Did not help.
The shortcut can only be moved when the browser is running. You close the browser, try to move the shortcut and it immediately takes the extreme right position and cannot be moved anywhere else. You launch the browser and you can move it again.

2 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi alexzhus,

In general.... There are 2 Maxton shortcuts on the taskbar (MX5 and MX7). When installing version 7, the MX5 shortcut stops working, and the MX7 shortcut occupies the far right position on the taskbar. Move the MX7 shortcut when the browser is running to another location. Then, when he clicks on the MX5 shortcut, it displays “Delete shortcut?” - we agree. After this, the MX7 shortcut itself immediately moves to the far right side and cannot be moved to another location. You can move it only when the browser is running. If you close the browser after this - it is still there, you should try to move it 1 position - it immediately occupies the extreme right position. If, while the browser is running, you place it in another place, and then turn off and turn on the computer, it will again appear in the far right position on the taskbar.
This was not observed before Maxthon PC 7.1.7.8800 beta. I tried to install the Maxthon PC 7.1.7.8600 beta version, but the problem with the shortcut remained, which indicates that the installation of the Maxthon PC 7.1.7.8800 beta version left some of its settings.
I found a way out of the situation: delete the shortcut created by Maxton on the taskbar and install a new shortcut from the desktop on the panel. After this operation there is no problem.
But the reason remains...

18 hours ago, SirNasso said:

Today I noticed that the old problem with high memory usage is back. Not as severe as it was, but still present.

Hi SirNasso, could you send a screenshot of your Maxthon processes details in task manager so I could get the developers to check on it?

image.png

2 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi SirNasso, could you send a screenshot of your Maxthon processes details in task manager so I could get the developers to check on it?

image.png

This is current situation. Yesterday it was using alomost 5GB of ram, with only 3 tabs open. But after restarting Maxthon and opening the same 3 tabs, it was using less than half of that. So I guess it was something temporary. I will continue to monitor, and if it spikes again, I will make another screenshot.

Maxthon.jpg

56 minutes ago, SirNasso said:

This is current situation. Yesterday it was using alomost 5GB of ram, with only 3 tabs open. But after restarting Maxthon and opening the same 3 tabs, it was using less than half of that. So I guess it was something temporary. I will continue to monitor, and if it spikes again, I will make another screenshot.

Maxthon.jpg

Hi SirNasso, it seems like you have too many extensions in place; which is why it is taking up so much memory space.

15 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi SirNasso, it seems like you have too many extensions in place; which is why it is taking up so much memory space.

I have only 4 extensions installed: one from my antivirus, acrobat, adblock and google translate. Oh and acescript (this one comes with the browser, I think), which is not enabled though. I think that is not too much.

21 minutes ago, SirNasso said:

I have only 4 extensions installed: one from my antivirus, acrobat, adblock and google translate. Oh and acescript (this one comes with the browser, I think), which is not enabled though. I think that is not too much.

Hi SirNasso, could you try with the portable version and without logging into your account?

3 hours ago, SirNasso said:

You can use chrome task manager to check which one is using up more memmory
just click shift+esc and you can see details not present with the windows task manager

This is my task manager

maxthontaskmanager.thumb.png.885ec77380cf7bf8a3d4dcd1fc4acf9f.png

4 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

You can use chrome task manager to check which one is using up more memmory
just click shift+esc and you can see details not present with the windows task manager

This is my task manager

maxthontaskmanager.thumb.png.885ec77380cf7bf8a3d4dcd1fc4acf9f.png

Thanks for the info, didn't knew about this chrome task manager even existed :)
Will check it out.

So far it looks like only the tab with Facebook open seems to take a bit more ram, from time to time. Maybe depends on some ads or content loaded currently inside this tab. So for now I don't think it is Maxthon's fault. But will continue to monitor it, and will keep you updated.

Archived