Maxthon PC 7.1.7.5301 beta

MaxthonJeff

Maxthon PC 7.1.7.5301 beta

* Optimized memory usage for an enhanced browsing experience. Browser memory usage reduced by 20%
* Improved logic for app binding
* 'Translation updates for multiple languages
- Fixed some known issues with the video download feature
- Fixed AVIF file saving error

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.5301/maxthon_7.1.7.5301_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.5301/maxthon_7.1.7.5301_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.5301/maxthon_portable_7.1.7.5301_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.5301/maxthon_portable_7.1.7.5301_beta_x86.zip

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

Another issue (don't know if I should call it a problem) continues. I think it has been like this even in the old versions, before v7. When I open a link which leads to pdf file, and chose to Open it instead of Download, it is shown in the new tab via the PDF plugin. I want to make it open the Acrobat reader I have installed in the PC, not hte extension, but could'nt find a working option for that. When the file is downloaded everything is fine. Not sure what will happen if I just remove the extension, but there are some cases when it is helpfull.

Hello!
v7.1.7.2200 to v7.1.7.5300... Have I missed 31 updates overnight!?
Usually, the version numbers go up by 100, so would have expected 7.1.7.2300 next...
Why the big jump?

This version still creates an extra Maxthon shortcut on the taskbar (already one present) & then removes it on first run & NotePopup still isn't optional.

• BugSir009 changed the title to Maxthon PC 7.1.7.5301 beta
On 11/21/2023 at 4:23 PM, SirNasso said:

Another issue (don't know if I should call it a problem) continues. I think it has been like this even in the old versions, before v7. When I open a link which leads to pdf file, and chose to Open it instead of Download, it is shown in the new tab via the PDF plugin. I want to make it open the Acrobat reader I have installed in the PC, not hte extension, but could'nt find a working option for that. When the file is downloaded everything is fine. Not sure what will happen if I just remove the extension, but there are some cases when it is helpfull.

Hi SirNasso, I will put up a request for the team's consideration.

On 11/21/2023 at 4:46 PM, MichaelC362 said:

This version still creates an extra Maxthon shortcut on the taskbar (already one present) & then removes it on first run & NotePopup still isn't optional.

Hi MichaelC362, you may download and install the latest 5301 version and before installing, uncheck the option 'Create NotePopup shortcut' in the installing popup.

image.png

On 11/21/2023 at 9:31 PM, caligula73 said:

the video won't download at all, check

https://ru.tv/video/novelties

Hi caligula73, could you try the downloading feature again using the latest 5301 version?

12 hours ago, Pelandru said:

In  Maxthon PC version 7.1.7.5301 (not in 5300) beta (not in 5300) i have some problem with pictures in https://www.storicang.it/

Hi Pelandru, what problem did you encounter? The loading or saving?

Another thing that will be usefull is to be able to login in 2 accounts, in different tabs, but in the same Maxthon window. There are some sites - e-mail, some goverment agencies, etc., that we use at work, and sometimes I need to be logged with 2 different accounts. Some of them use certificates tied to external usb readers with personal digital signatures. And when I login with one certificate it stays logged even if I open a new tab, and so cannot use another one. So it will be great if there can be a way to opne new tab, and login with another user account, certificate, etc.

19 hours ago, SirNasso said:

Another thing that will be usefull is to be able to login in 2 accounts, in different tabs, but in the same Maxthon window. There are some sites - e-mail, some goverment agencies, etc., that we use at work, and sometimes I need to be logged with 2 different accounts. Some of them use certificates tied to external usb readers with personal digital signatures. And when I login with one certificate it stays logged even if I open a new tab, and so cannot use another one. So it will be great if there can be a way to opne new tab, and login with another user account, certificate, etc.

Hi SirNasso, request recorded.

14 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi caligula73, I have tried downloading the same video and the feature works ok on my end; managed to download the whole video with no interruption. Could you try to disable all extensions and try again?

I tried disabling all extensions, tried the portable version - it doesn’t download
I tried it as a guest, it doesn’t work - it requires you to enter your login and password
....win7x64

5 hours ago, caligula73 said:

it doesn’t download
....win7x64

It works for me. Win 7 x64.

19 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

I have tried downloading the same video and the feature works ok on my end; managed to download the whole video with no interruption. Could you try to disable all extensions and try again?

When you try to take a screenshot while recording, it is not saved the first time, and a window pops up to close Maxton or continue downloading. Click continue downloading. And when you press again to save the screenshot - it crashes.
Watch the video.

Video download speed from VK.com (tested on some XXX 4K video called "iqqq-043 4K") is very slow (download starts ~20 sec/pause ~20 sec/continue ~20 sec/pause ~20 sec/continue...) comparing with IDM (Internet Dowload Manager) where I can get maximum available speed with 16 download threads it's currenly very bad alternative for me.

On 11/25/2023 at 12:03 AM, caligula73 said:

I tried disabling all extensions, tried the portable version - it doesn’t download
I tried it as a guest, it doesn’t work - it requires you to enter your login and password
....win7x64

Hi caligula73, I have informed the development team about this issue and they will look into it.

On 11/25/2023 at 5:20 AM, alexzhus said:

It works for me. Win 7 x64.

When you try to take a screenshot while recording, it is not saved the first time, and a window pops up to close Maxton or continue downloading. Click continue downloading. And when you press again to save the screenshot - it crashes.
Watch the video.

Hi alexzhus, bug reported.

On 11/25/2023 at 5:28 PM, suphamster said:

Video download speed from VK.com (tested on some XXX 4K video called "iqqq-043 4K") is very slow (download starts ~20 sec/pause ~20 sec/continue ~20 sec/pause ~20 sec/continue...) comparing with IDM (Internet Dowload Manager) where I can get maximum available speed with 16 download threads it's currenly very bad alternative for me.

Hi suphamster, do you mean for the mobile app version or desktop version? Are you able to send a video on this issue?

5 hours ago, xxxxx said:

with this version, runningthe shazam extension crashes the browser (by clicking the pinned button of this addon:  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/shazam-find-song-names-fr/mmioliijnhnoblpgimnlajmefafdfilb )

Hi xxxxx, this will be fixed in the next version.

5 hours ago, xxxxx said:

still running on this memory issue (just got an error in youtube with captions activated)

Have reported this issue to the development team for them to look into it.

6 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi suphamster, do you mean for the mobile app version or desktop version? Are you able to send a video on this issue?

I'm using desktop portable version. I wouldn't say it a bug, more like feature request - it seems that Maxthon video downloader downloads with almost same speed when if I just watch video (so if video for example 2h I would need to wait same amount of time to download it, same goes with Resource sniffer when it works). So to improve download speed Maxthon should support multi threaded downloading (I know that it's not easy but for paid (?) feature you need to make more effors anyway) or video downloading feature would be useless due slow speed. First image is download speed graph with MX7 and 2nd is with IDM - feel the difference as it says in such cases.

mx-dwn.jpg

idm.jpg

4 hours ago, alexzhus said:

Hi! What are coins written off for? I don't think I use VIP. Where can I watch and find out?

Снимок экрана20231127075452.jpg

Hi alexzhus, the deduction is for the subscription fee for Maxthon membership. This will be deducted on a monthly basis as long as you are subscribed under Maxthon membership. You could check if you are subscribed in this link: https://www.maxthon.com/en/vip/ 

40 minutes ago, suphamster said:

I'm using desktop portable version. I wouldn't say it a bug, more like feature request - it seems that Maxthon video downloader downloads with almost same speed when if I just watch video (so if video for example 2h I would need to wait same amount of time to download it, same goes with Resource sniffer when it works). So to improve download speed Maxthon should support multi threaded downloading (I know that it's not easy but for paid (?) feature you need to make more effors anyway) or video downloading feature would be useless due slow speed. First image is download speed graph with MX7 and 2nd is with IDM - feel the difference as it says in such cases.

mx-dwn.jpg

idm.jpg

Hi suphamster, noted your request. The development team will optimize it in future versions.

2 hours ago, alexzhus said:

Hi! Can. I would like to know how this can be done through a browser, which is quite logical, rather than looking for a link through all the messages on the forum.

Hi alexzhus, you may click on the main menu on the top right hand side and click 'Maxthon Member' to access.

image.png

Archived