MaxthonJeff

7.0.2.2700 beta

+ Added the duplicates removal function of MaxNote
+ Added  Message in the new tab
* Adjusted the logic of shortcuts and taskbar shortcuts
* Optimised the interaction of sidebar notes
- Fixed the issue that some pages in Win7 are not displayed clearly
- Fixed the problem that video max.com could not play

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.2700/maxthon_7.0.2.2700_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.2700/maxthon_7.0.2.2700_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.2700/maxthon_portable_7.0.2.2700_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.0.2.2700/maxthon_portable_7.0.2.2700_beta_x86.zip

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

Hello can i ask something i updated my browser recently a few days ago and now i found this what is it and what can i do with it can i get money or something? Just asking..

Am i going to get paid or do i need to pay and what can i do with this "gold and diamond" thingy on my maxthon browser

Screenshot (5795).png

13 hours ago, BenReiley said:

Hello can i ask something i updated my browser recently a few days ago and now i found this what is it and what can i do with it can i get money or something? Just asking..

Am i going to get paid or do i need to pay and what can i do with this "gold and diamond" thingy on my maxthon browser

Screenshot (5795).png

Hi BenReiley, golds can be exchange for virtual items and services which will be made available once ready. You will be able to accumulate more golds by checking-in daily under the New Tab page. Diamonds is another form of virtual currency which you could purchase online with no expiration date. You may refer to the following page for more details: https://www.maxthon.com/en/docs/gold/

11 hours ago, OPBlackViking said:

Chromium 109 → 108?

20230703233226.png.4f1440fb9577ee937def8a62f0eb3159.png20230703233120.png.e7c62d63aef629c9b590c04112a77b40.png

Hi OPBlackViking, yes the developers have rolled back to Chromium 108 as they noticed there were some error in displaying web pages in Chromium 109. Rolling back to Chromium 108 is an interim measure. Subsequently, the development team will upgrade to the latest core.

7 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi OPBlackViking, yes the developers have rolled back to Chromium 108 as they noticed there were some error in displaying web pages in Chromium 109. Rolling back to Chromium 108 is an interim measure. Subsequently, the development team will upgrade to the latest core.

Hello!

When you say, "Subsequently, the development team will upgrade to the latest core", do you just mean the very old 109 again, or actually the latest core (currently, I think, 114)?  Also, how long is "Subsequently"!?  A few days, weeks, months or more than a year, like before!?

@BugSir006

Hi Magdalene, could you provide some website links where you encountered this issue for us to test it out?

All of them including this page. I have to refresh all tabs, sometimes several times. X64 exe is fine. It's just the portable that has this problem. It's also deleting Tampermonkey extension on startup and disabling other extensions such as Adguard and Ublock origin. MX icon in Windows taskbar is blank page. This version is unusable.

15 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

When you say, "Subsequently, the development team will upgrade to the latest core", do you just mean the very old 109 again, or actually the latest core (currently, I think, 114)?  Also, how long is "Subsequently"!?  A few days, weeks, months or more than a year, like before!?

Hi MichaelC362, it will be the latest core. We are not able to commit on the timeframe as yet but will definitely try to speed up the process whenever possible.

11 hours ago, Magdalene said:

@BugSir006

All of them including this page. I have to refresh all tabs, sometimes several times. X64 exe is fine. It's just the portable that has this problem. It's also deleting Tampermonkey extension on startup and disabling other extensions such as Adguard and Ublock origin. MX icon in Windows taskbar is blank page. This version is unusable.

Hi Magdalene, could you try out the test version attached and see if those mentioned issues still appear?

maxthon_portable_7.0.2.2700_beta_x64(1).zip

Hello!

Re. download manager not showing icons for most (does show some) ".exe" files:

I can confirm, clearing the cache made no difference.

Re. duplicate entries in download manager:

Yesterday, not 1 but 2 duplicate copies listed, which remained after clearing the list, but weren't present upon restarting Maxthon, once again confirming that issue is cache related & has been present since day 1 of v6 onwards

A new issue (at least new to me as not tried before) - when trying to view Amazon Prime video, it won't play in HD & says something like not compatible (I'll get the exact message next time I try it), but plays ok in SD quality.

@ BugSir006

Have reverted back to 2600 and will try new download. Thanks.

Update

Have done clean installs of both 2600 and 2700 (new download see above) x64 Portables. Have copied over User Data folder from 2700 X64 exe version which is working fine. 2600 has no problems, 2700 version continues to have "Status Breakpoint" notification on most pages including MX Settings and Extension Options pages

17 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Re. download manager not showing icons for most (does show some) ".exe" files:

I can confirm, clearing the cache made no difference.

Re. duplicate entries in download manager:

Yesterday, not 1 but 2 duplicate copies listed, which remained after clearing the list, but weren't present upon restarting Maxthon, once again confirming that issue is cache related & has been present since day 1 of v6 onwards

Hi MichaelC362, could you disable all extensions and restart the browser to see if it helps? Please send us a short video or screenshot if problem still persist so I could ask the development team to check further.

18 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

A new issue (at least new to me as not tried before) - when trying to view Amazon Prime video, it won't play in HD & says something like not compatible (I'll get the exact message next time I try it), but plays ok in SD quality.

Do send us a screenshot of the error message that appears. Thank you.

17 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Have done clean installs of both 2600 and 2700 (new download see above) x64 Portables. Have copied over User Data folder from 2700 X64 exe version which is working fine. 2600 has no problems, 2700 version continues to have "Status Breakpoint" notification on most pages including MX Settings and Extension Options pages

Hi Magdalene, could you try out by disabling all extensions and clear the cache to see if the error message still appears?

I've disabled all extensions and cleared the cache in 2700 and the problem persists.  I'm going to try setting mx://flags to default.

Update

Have reset all the flags to default with all extensions disabled and it works fine. There is obviously a conflict in my flag settings for Chrome 109 and 108. Will try and find the difference later.

Will now try with extensions enabled.

Update

2700 is working fine with flags at default and extensions enabled.

Solved. I'll try and find the conflicting flags. This may take some time I change a lot of flags.

On 7/6/2023 at 9:36 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi MichaelC362, could you disable all extensions and restart the browser to see if it helps? Please send us a short video or screenshot if problem still persist so I could ask the development team to check further.

Do send us a screenshot of the error message that appears. Thank you.

Here's the message from Amazon Prime... get the same message on different computers, all with good enough graphics & fast enough internet to handle playback.

image.png.cf5bbc3ece5fe2172880231dc1baf298.png

On 7/8/2023 at 7:19 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Here's the message from Amazon Prime... get the same message on different computers, all with good enough graphics & fast enough internet to handle playback.

image.png.cf5bbc3ece5fe2172880231dc1baf298.png

Hi MichaelC362, thanks for the screenshot. Have forwarded to the development team for them to look into it.

On 7/4/2023 at 4:56 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi BenReiley, golds can be exchange for virtual items and services which will be made available once ready. You will be able to accumulate more golds by checking-in daily under the New Tab page. Diamonds is another form of virtual currency which you could purchase online with no expiration date. You may refer to the following page for more details: https://www.maxthon.com/en/docs/gold/

Thank you very very very much for your explanation haha.. good day..

On 7/4/2023 at 4:56 AM, BugSir009 said:

So? Where can i buy stuff? I dont see anything that i can buy.. What can i buy? Can i see what is in store for me to buy?

15 hours ago, BenReiley said:

So? Where can i buy stuff? I dont see anything that i can buy.. What can i buy? Can i see what is in store for me to buy?

Hi BenReiley, currently the list of products and services has yet to be released. We will update all users once it is up and running.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2023 at 11:18 PM, BugSir009 said:

Hi BenReiley, currently the list of products and services has yet to be released. We will update all users once it is up and running.

I kinda got my somethings exchanged into gold and I can already buy more gold!

Are there any news about using these for something? 222k sounds like a lot and I always wondered about these in previous versions. I think they are here since MX3.

image.png.d718f5e2e68933c8dc4b5be206db596f.png

------

In the past I was able to export bookmarks to files.

How can I achieve that today?

8 hours ago, Ktulu789 said:

Are there any news about using these for something? 222k sounds like a lot and I always wondered about these in previous versions. I think they are here since MX3.

Hi Ktulu789, currently you could use the gold to join Maxthon membership and this will allow you to have early access to our new features and subsequently the list of virtual items or services where you could use the golds for.

10 hours ago, Ktulu789 said:

In the past I was able to export bookmarks to files

You could go under Settings > General > Account Information > Export bookmarks

image.png

On 8/16/2023 at 1:34 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Ktulu789, currently you could use the gold to join Maxthon membership and this will allow you to have early access to our new features and subsequently the list of virtual items or services where you could use the golds for.

Good, I got the crown, now what? xD

On 8/16/2023 at 1:34 AM, BugSir009 said:

You could go under Settings > General > Account Information > Export bookmarks

I can only save an .html of my bookmarks, not .url files which is what I need. I'm on the latest version.

Damn! This aggressive clear memory feature just kills any opened tab! I thought I lost what I was typing! BADLY IMPLEMENTED. I just clicked another tab with the version info and came back right away.

Edit: default is 1 minute??? Who thought that was a good default setting? Takes more memory and time than it saves. Awesome! 2 hours. Missing 1 day as option.

On 8/25/2023 at 8:04 PM, Cute Little Ahri said:

I just noticed the membership thing, and went to my account details and stuff, all the coins I had saved up since 2008 have gone now and we just have to buy them? Were those coins the same thing as this or were they just there to be there?

Hi Cute Little Ahri, previously those were score based on online time. Once you have agreed to sign on the membership, the score will automatically be converted to golds. Golds and diamonds could be use to purchase virtual items and services. You may refer to this link for the membership rules: https://www.maxthon.com/en/docs/gold/

Archived