Maxthon PC 7.1.9.4000 beta

Maxthon PC 7.1.9.4000 beta

+ Added Maxthon Security Module for safer browsing.
* Optimized new tab page: set default maximum width and number of items per row based on screen size.
- Fixed an issue where the environment remained offline continuously.
- Fixed an issue where history search did not support uppercase letters.
- Fixed an issue where area screenshot did not support quick saving.
- Fixed an issue where user avatars were not displayed on login.

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.9.4000/maxthon_7.1.9.4000_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.9.4000/maxthon_7.1.9.4000_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.9.4000/maxthon_portable_7.1.9.4000_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.9.4000/maxthon_portable_7.1.9.4000_beta_x86.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thx, but this fixes very minor and  better switch all resourses on updating the core. At this point the core that you are trying to update would become outdated at the time you will release it. All this fixes is pointless comparing to much bigger problems with extensions, sites and other compatibility problems that comes out due using old core.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Maxthon PC 7.1.9.4000 beta

+ Added Maxthon Security Module for safer browsing.

I haven't found where this new module is?

See ya, Ldfa.

maxthonfr.png ldfaforum.png getmaxthon.png

I don't expect Maxthon to use the latest Chromium engine, but it would be good to have a version that is less than a year old, or ideally less than 6 months out of date. There are extensions (for services that I have paid accounts for, so they are important) that I can't install in Maxthon which is disappointing. I would be happy with any version 120 or up.

14 hours ago, suphamster said:

Thx, but this fixes very minor and  better switch all resourses on updating the core. At this point the core that you are trying to update would become outdated at the time you will release it. All this fixes is pointless comparing to much bigger problems with extensions, sites and other compatibility problems that comes out due using old core.

Well it's good to be hopefull about updating the core but unfortunately 
You guys are 1 to a milion chinese users to be regarded

Sorry about that 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Dear all, the development team is really working on updating the core. Right now they are trying to fix the ongoing error and bugs while trying to update the core. Unfortunately updating of core is not as straightforward as pressing an update button; they will have to check the whole browser coding to integrate to the new chromium and in the process will have to fix any error that occurs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BugSir009 said:

Dear all, the development team is really working on updating the core. Right now they are trying to fix the ongoing error and bugs while trying to update the core. Unfortunately updating of core is not as straightforward as pressing an update button; they will have to check the whole browser coding to integrate to the new chromium and in the process will have to fix any error that occurs.

If many browsers can do this, I think an experienced software team like you can do it in a short time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ero35 said:

If many browsers can do this, I think an experienced software team like you can do it in a short time.

Hi ero35, unfortunately we do not have many developers compared to others. Appreciate your patience and understanding 🙏

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Thanks BugSir009 
But unfortunately their strategy is useless
They should consider taking the most efficient route to get Maxthon to be the best browser 
The way they're taking is taking Maxthon to follow the herd 
and it will never get them beyond last place 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2024 at 6:02 AM, BugSir009 said:

thanks for the news @BugSir009
 I confess I'm worried Maxthon is doomed play catch-up forever : google chrome release cycle is approx 1 major version every 4 weeks (https://chromiumdash.appspot.com/schedule )...
As the chrome kernel update for Maxthon has been requested multiple times in the past months, t seems updating+testing takes months rather than days. Is this really sustainable in the long run ? Sorry if this sounds negative, but more and more websites stop to function on chrome core < v117.   
Do you know what's the envisioned release cycle for new core versions in the future ? are the devs aiming for a yearly update or more frequent ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xxxxx said:

Is this really sustainable in the long run ?

My impression is that there was a big jump between Chromium 109 and 110, because of the dropping of support for Windows 7. And I hope that once there is a Maxthon release that is > 109 that the effort required to "keep up" will not be as great because the required testing will be less severe.

• Like 1

Pretty sure maxnote sync is broken. Always has that triangle blue arrow icon on the PC version no matter how many times I hit the sync button.

The sync button will animate a few seconds and then stop, giving the impression it has synced.

But when I open maxthon app on my mobile and go to notes, the version will always be an earlier one.

Do not even dare to edit notes on the app version now cos I can't be sure whether the info will be there when I retrieve it on the PC.

Have a feeling the server is not playing nice.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update! The new security module and optimizations sound great. I'm especially glad to see the fixes for the offline environment and history search issues. Looking forward to trying out the new version. 

Cheers!