Maxthon PC 7.1.8.9800 beta

Maxthon PC 7.1.8.9800 beta

+ Added new tab sign-in guide.
- Fixed issues with data handling errors leading to sync failure.
- Fixed shadow overlay issues on new tab sites and optimized popup display styles.
- Fixed text layout issues in extension management.
- Fixed known crashes.

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.9800/maxthon_7.1.8.9800_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.9800/maxthon_7.1.8.9800_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.9800/maxthon_portable_7.1.8.9800_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.9800/maxthon_portable_7.1.8.9800_beta_x86.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Did a fresh install of 7.1.8.9800 beta and successfully synced my data after signing in. During the time that I have been using it, everything is working as it should be, which is great.

Of course, some compatibility problems continue to be present because of Chrome 109, but the developers already know about that, so I am not going to list the issues.

Thank you for the update, and I will be back to report any problems if they occur.

• Like 2

Hello!
Had issue with DuckDuckGo not searching, so checked search engine settings in Maxthon...
Most engines were missing, so restored defaults & then had 2x DuckDuckGo...

image.png.efacd9664af4e766107ebbc3bded8adf.png
Removed one of them, but then couldn't select DuckDuckGo as now missing from options!

image.png.31c4e908513ee412d27766d6c4c3f8d5.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
Had issue with DuckDuckGo not searching, so checked search engine settings in Maxthon...
Most engines were missing, so restored defaults & then had 2x DuckDuckGo...

image.png.efacd9664af4e766107ebbc3bded8adf.png
Removed one of them, but then couldn't select DuckDuckGo as now missing from options!

image.png.31c4e908513ee412d27766d6c4c3f8d5.png

Hi MichaelC362, we have tested out but could not reproduce the same error. Could you to relaunch the browser then click on restore again to see if same problem occurs?

What version of Chromium is Maxthon currently using? 123? 

And can you update the Chromium engine to version 124/125? 😉 how did the competition do it in March, Opera etc?(124 in stable and 125 in Opera beta ) 😉

Chromium 124/125 works faster and more stable and a few other improvements :)

Edited by Cllaymenn

39 minutes ago, Cllaymenn said:

What version of Chromium is Maxthon currently using? 123? 

And can you update the Chromium engine to version 124/125? 😉 how did the competition do it in March, Opera etc?(124 in stable and 125 in Opera beta ) 😉

Chromium 124/125 works faster and more stable and a few other improvements :)

Hi Cllaymenn, the developers are working on updating the chromium but there are alot of issues to be fixed while updating. Appreciate your understanding and patience for our team to work on it 🙏

Just checked my list here after a restore following the duckduckgo engine failure the other day and I can see no duplicate although I did have a dupe before restoring. Which surprises me as I usually get all the bugs others seem to avoid.

19 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Everything here is OK for search engines

In your last image the yandex clid is visible, from my understanding of how the search urls work, this would enable anybody to copy that id and do searches that would be logged against your identity in Yandex. Probably no big deal, but I am interested in privacy concerns and thought I should mention it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2024 at 3:04 AM, new user said:

In your last image the yandex clid is visible, from my understanding of how the search urls work, this would enable anybody to copy that id and do searches that would be logged against your identity in Yandex. Probably no big deal, but I am interested in privacy concerns and thought I should mention it.

Thanks for the tip