Maxthon PC 7.1.8.8201 beta

BugSir009

Maxthon PC 7.1.8.8201 beta

* Updated multilingual translations.
- Fixed an issue where re-binding an account caused the original account to become a local account.
- Fixed non-responsive translation issues.
- Fixed incomplete display of the tab search button.
- Fixed the loss of custom image skins due to synchronization.
- Fixed known crashes.

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.8201/maxthon_7.1.8.8201_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.8201/maxthon_7.1.8.8201_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.8201/maxthon_portable_7.1.8.8201_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.8201/maxthon_portable_7.1.8.8201_beta_x86.zip

• Thanks 2

Hello!

After (manual) installation, I got this:

image.png.ee5440cbe1c7517e3279b38c3c10754b.png

Should it be prompting twice for Bright VPN!?

Also, when Maxthon restarted, it did so minimized to taskbar (by the clock) & when double clicking that icon, I wasn't signed in & had to select my account to continue.

• BugSir009 changed the title to Maxthon PC 7.1.8.8201 beta
52 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

After (manual) installation, I got this:

image.png.ee5440cbe1c7517e3279b38c3c10754b.png

Should it be prompting twice for Bright VPN!?

Also, when Maxthon restarted, it did so minimized to taskbar (by the clock) & when double clicking that icon, I wasn't signed in & had to select my account to continue.

Hi MichaelC362, please try with the updated 7.1.8.8201 version above.

Oke... I've seen thing in multiple threads, the request to update the Core...
I haven't said much about this THEN but it's NOW becoming a problem with my employer as well...

Maxthon PC 7.1.8.8201 is Chromium 109... At work 117 is now a mimimum. So I can no longer use Maxthon :(

Please fix this ASAP!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I would appreciate it if someone could help refresh my memory on how to see and possibly change or modify the user agent. I used to do this with regularity as new ones were posted by Magdalene. I simply have gotten old and forgotten how I was doing that. Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, rick.lane said:

I would appreciate it if someone could help refresh my memory on how to see and possibly change or modify the user agent. I used to do this with regularity as new ones were posted by Magdalene. I simply have gotten old and forgotten how I was doing that. Thanks in advance.

You can find it in settings
useragent.thumb.png.707ae1af88ed5678b4311fa303237519.png

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, wOLVERINe said:

Oke... I've seen thing in multiple threads, the request to update the Core...
I haven't said much about this THEN but it's NOW becoming a problem with my employer as well...

Maxthon PC 7.1.8.8201 is Chromium 109... At work 117 is now a mimimum. So I can no longer use Maxthon :(

Please fix this ASAP!

Hi wOLVERINe, will convey your concern to the development team for them to work on it.

6 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi wOLVERINe, will convey your concern to the development team for them to work on it.

It won't happen until they're forced to do it & since that's unlikely, not hopeful anytime soon!
As soon as a 'popular' or 'must have' service needs newer than 109 core, that'll be the last straw for most users, which is a shame as I've personally used & recommended Maxthon for over 20 years & have installed it on thousands of computers over that time.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know what cores they're using for Android, macOS & iOS versions?

Hello!
Version 7.1.8.8201 also showing 2 optional Bright VPN prompts after installation:

image.png.e18e78f7a1015c26e908f98ded703c90.png

Is one free & one paid!?
I'm guessing the 2nd one should say "Bright VPN" & not "Bright VP"!?

12 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

It won't happen until they're forced to do it & since that's unlikely, not hopeful anytime soon!
As soon as a 'popular' or 'must have' service needs newer than 109 core, that'll be the last straw for most users, which is a shame as I've personally used & recommended Maxthon for over 20 years & have installed it on thousands of computers over that time.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know what cores they're using for Android, macOS & iOS versions?

Hello!
Version 7.1.8.8201 also showing 2 optional Bright VPN prompts after installation:

image.png.e18e78f7a1015c26e908f98ded703c90.png

Is one free & one paid!?
I'm guessing the 2nd one should say "Bright VPN" & not "Bright VP"!?

Hi MichaelC362, bug reported.

Does Maxthon PC 7.1.8.8201 beta (Windows 11) work with Nextflix for anybody here?

When I try to play some Netflix content I get the Netflix error UI3012 or M7121-1331 (when I tried it in incognito mode) or it simply logs me out.

If I open Edge and try it there, it loads and plays normally.

Any ideas?

Edited by Perplexer

12 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Netflix cannot work on Maxthon  as it does not contain Widevine . The Developers of Widevine refuse to communicate with Maxthon. Netflix functions only on Browsers which have signed exclusivity agreements with Netflix (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Safari) https://help.netflix.com/en/node/30081

Oh, I didn't know that, or maybe I forgot. Either way, thanks a lot for clarification!

Edited by Perplexer

when I copy anything to the search bar then search for it using the default search say Google for instance
it will search normally 
But if I click to change that search engine to yahoo for instance then hit enter it will still use google and if 
I then hit enter a second time it will use yahoo
this been happening quite often in the last couple of versions I don't know since when

• Like 1

Hello @BugSir009,

I noticed there is a regression in the 'Restore Last Closed Page' feature: it doesn't preserve the page navigation history anymore:

image.png.2c20b57f4c3c0c1a3c761e78c35522a8.png

This used to be working before but gone some time ago.

Would it be possible to bring the feature back?

Thanks! 

• Like 2

I am writing to report a possible bug that I have encountered in the Passkeeper tool on both the Maxthon browser version 7.1.8.8201 (on win 10 22H2) and the Android version 7.2.3.320 (on Android 11).

The issue is that the passwords are coming up empty in the Passkeeper tool from these versions onwards. This problem is consistently replicable and affects both the desktop and Android versions of the software.

I hope this issue can be addressed promptly as it significantly impacts the functionality and user experience.

I understand that there might be a possibility of recovering these passwords from a backup of the Maxthon folders. However, I am unsure of the process and need guidance if that is possible.

Thank you for your attention.

On 4/21/2024 at 2:54 AM, Mhzayer said:

https://forms.office.com/r/ay31r6Ejey
Could you guys check this form 😉 If you could fill it too 
Maxthon just blocked it for me
I opened it with Chrome and filled it 
Is it just me ?

blocked.thumb.png.83095bcf90ea6764447db6024a05a443.png

Hi Mhzayer, no issue on my end. Was able to fill up the form and submit it.

image.png

image.png

12 hours ago, grisp1 said:

Hello @BugSir009,

I noticed there is a regression in the 'Restore Last Closed Page' feature: it doesn't preserve the page navigation history anymore:

image.png.2c20b57f4c3c0c1a3c761e78c35522a8.png

This used to be working before but gone some time ago.

Would it be possible to bring the feature back?

Thanks! 

Hi grisp1, have reported this issue to the development team for them to check on it.

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2024 at 4:35 AM, Mhzayer said:

when I copy anything to the search bar then search for it using the default search say Google for instance
it will search normally 
But if I click to change that search engine to yahoo for instance then hit enter it will still use google and if 
I then hit enter a second time it will use yahoo
this been happening quite often in the last couple of versions I don't know since when

Hi Mhzayer, could you go to your local drive and send me your 'preferences' file under your user data profile? I will get the developer to do a check for you. 

7 hours ago, miguelconde said:

I am writing to report a possible bug that I have encountered in the Passkeeper tool on both the Maxthon browser version 7.1.8.8201 (on win 10 22H2) and the Android version 7.2.3.320 (on Android 11).

The issue is that the passwords are coming up empty in the Passkeeper tool from these versions onwards. This problem is consistently replicable and affects both the desktop and Android versions of the software.

I hope this issue can be addressed promptly as it significantly impacts the functionality and user experience.

I understand that there might be a possibility of recovering these passwords from a backup of the Maxthon folders. However, I am unsure of the process and need guidance if that is possible.

Thank you for your attention.

Hi miguelconde, the development team is looking into this password syncing issue. They will try to fix it as soon as possible.

• Thanks 1