Maxthon PC 7.1.7.5400 beta

MaxthonJeff

Maxthon PC 7.1.7.5400 beta

+ Added Device management feature to the Maxthon account page. You can view the list of devices logged into the Maxthon Browser so that you can easily log out of your Maxthon account and remove the device.
+ Added option to create Maxnote shortcut in the installation window (formerly Maxnote popup)
- Fixed an issue where screenshots could not be unfixed
- Fixed an issue with incorrect tag in auto-refresh settings
- Fixed an issue where the file name of the downloaded file was displayed incorrectly
- Fixed a style issue on the settings page
- Fixed known crashes

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.5400/maxthon_7.1.7.5400_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.5400/maxthon_7.1.7.5400_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.5400/maxthon_portable_7.1.7.5400_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.7.5400/maxthon_portable_7.1.7.5400_beta_x86.zip

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

Hello!
Upon installing new version (which still creates a shortcut on taskbar, despite there already being one present & deletes it upon first run) the update info screen, briefly, was all shown in Chinese & then changed to English (American, despite Windows & Maxthon language being set to UK English)

10 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
Upon installing new version (which still creates a shortcut on taskbar, despite there already being one present & deletes it upon first run) the update info screen, briefly, was all shown in Chinese & then changed to English (American, despite Windows & Maxthon language being set to UK English)

Hi MichaelC362, do you see the following prompt upon installing?

image.png

6 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Tried installing X64 exe version again. Still won't install. X64 Portable working fine.

Hi Magdalene, was there an error message or the installation window show in a flash and disappear?

"Hi Magdalene, was there an error message or the installation window show in a flash and disappear?"

The installation went to 59% then flashed and disappeared. I've tried several times with my Antivirus (Panda) enabled and disabled but it's the same. Using Windows 10.

Still can't use quote function in forum.

1 hour ago, Magdalene said:

"Hi Magdalene, was there an error message or the installation window show in a flash and disappear?"

The installation went to 59% then flashed and disappeared. I've tried several times with my Antivirus (Panda) enabled and disabled but it's the same. Using Windows 10.

Still can't use quote function in forum.

You need to redownload it try alternative locations

14 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
No, that's never been displayed.
This new shortcut has only been created for the last few versions & is automatically removed upon first run

Hi MichaelC362, can I check if you are on Windows 10 or 11?

18 hours ago, caligula73 said:

in 7.1.7.5400 it started downloading video, but in fact it’s not downloading but capturing video in real time - that’s not interesting to me!

Hi caligula73, the development team is still fixing the bug on this downloading issue. Appreciate your patience to allow more time for them to fix this issue.

12 hours ago, 15890991 said:

This "error" message appears in Windows 11 x64, but it does not seem to appear in Windows 10 x64. It also seems that MaxNote has had a change of names a few times. That sometimes leaves a trail of icons on the the desktop that you have to erase.

Hi 15890991, are you able to send us a screenshot of the error you faced and also the MaxNote trail of icons?

Windows 10 x64
maxthon_portable_7.1.7.5400_beta_x64
I did a clean install. Logged in as a guest.

--

Yandex services, such as Yandex.Music or Yandex.Translator, stopped working normally.
If you log in to your Yandex account, a message appears: 

"Your browser is outdated
Therefore, the music does not open in it.

[Update or install Yandex Browser]

Install Yandex Browser
To listen to music whenever and wherever you want, download the Yandex Music app"

If you clear cookies, you can open these sites normally again. 
But if you log in to your Yandex account again, they are inaccessible again.

I assume that Yandex detects the browser when you log in to your Yandex account and blocks normal work.

I checked several versions of Maxthon:
maxthon_portable_7.1.6.1000_x64
maxthon_portable_7.1.6.2000_beta_x64
maxthon_portable_7.1.7.2200_beta_x64

Same results.

Everything works fine in Opera and Firefox 🤷‍♂️

107 - Яндекс Музыка - music.yandex.ru - 2023-11-29_11-21-07.jpg

1 hour ago, t_rAt said:

Windows 10 x64
I did a clean install. Logged in as a guest.

--

Yandex services, such as Yandex.Music or Yandex.Translator, stopped working normally.
If you log in to your Yandex account, a message appears: 

"Your browser is outdated
Therefore, the music does not open in it.

[Update or install Yandex Browser]

Install Yandex Browser
To listen to music whenever and wherever you want, download the Yandex Music app"

If you clear cookies, you can open these sites normally again. 
But if you log in to your Yandex account again, they are inaccessible again.

I assume that Yandex detects the browser when you log in to your Yandex account and blocks normal work.

I checked several versions of Maxthon:

Same results.

Everything works fine in Opera and Firefox 🤷‍♂️

107 - Яндекс Музыка - music.yandex.ru - 2023-11-29_11-21-07.jpg

Hi t_rAt, this is a known issue and the developers are working on it.

10 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi MichaelC362, can I check if you are on Windows 10 or 11?

Hello!
The "works" PC is on Windows 10 & the "home" PC is Windows 11...
Never seen that prompt on Windows 10, but, last night, when I upgraded Maxthon, I did see it, for the first time, on Windows 11.
Can the installer not simply check if a shortcut already exists on the taskbar & only prompt if not present!?

10 hours ago, t_rAt said:

Windows 10 x64
Я выполнил чистую установку. Вошёл как гость.

--

Сервисы Яндекса, такие как Яндекс.Музыка или Яндекс.Переводчик , перестали нормально работать.
Если войти в свой аккаунт Яндекс, появится сообщение: 

"Ваш браузер устарел.
Поэтому музыка в нем не открывается.

[Обновить или установить Яндекс Браузер]

Установите Яндекс Браузер
Чтобы слушать музыку когда и где угодно, скачайте приложение Яндекс Музыка"

Если вы удалите файлы cookie, вы снова сможете нормально открывать эти сайты. 
Но если вы снова зайдете в свой аккаунт Яндекса, они снова будут недоступны.

Я предполагаю, что Яндекс определяет браузер при входе в свой аккаунт Яндекс и блокирует нормальную работу.

Я проверил несколько версий Maxthon:

Те же результаты.

В Opera и Firefox все работает нормально  🤷‍♂️

В Maxthon 7.1.7.2000 (64 бит) всё нормально работает, даже при авторизации. В данный момент на Maxthon 7.1.7.2000 слушаю музыку.
[In Maxthon 7.1.7.2000 (64 bit) everything works fine too, even when authorizing. I am currently listening to music on Maxthon 7.1.7.2000]

P.S. Maxthon PC 7.1.7.5400 beta тоже нормально на Яндекс.Музыка работает. Можете попробовать поставить какое-то дополнение с подменой User-Agent. У Maxthon он всё ещё c версией Хрома "Chrome/109.0.0.0", а последняя версия Хромиум уже 119. Хотя, у меня и без подмены юзер-агента нормально работает, нет сообщения об устаревшем браузере. Возможно у меня какое-то дополнение блокирует проверку версий браузера на сайтах.
[P.S. Maxthon PC 7.1.7.5400 beta also works fine on Yandex.Music. You can try putting some add-on with User-Agent spoofing. Maxthon still has it with Chrome version "Chrome/109.0.0.0.0", and the latest version of Chrome is already 119. Although, I have it working fine without the user-agent swap, no message about an outdated browser. Maybe I have some add-on blocking browser version checking on sites.]

1 hour ago, Balur said:

В Maxthon 7.1.7.2000 (64 бит) всё нормально работает, даже при авторизации. В данный момент на Maxthon 7.1.7.2000 слушаю музыку.
[In Maxthon 7.1.7.2000 (64 bit) everything works fine too, even when authorizing. I am currently listening to music on Maxthon 7.1.7.2000]

P.S. Maxthon PC 7.1.7.5400 beta тоже нормально на Яндекс.Музыка работает. Можете попробовать поставить какое-то дополнение с подменой User-Agent. У Maxthon он всё ещё c версией Хрома "Chrome/109.0.0.0", а последняя версия Хромиум уже 119. Хотя, у меня и без подмены юзер-агента нормально работает, нет сообщения об устаревшем браузере. Возможно у меня какое-то дополнение блокирует проверку версий браузера на сайтах.

Why write like that, with such emphasis? It's impossible to read.

6 hours ago, Balur said:

[P.S. Maxthon PC 7.1.7.5400 beta also works fine on Yandex.Music. You can try putting some add-on with User-Agent spoofing. Maxthon still has it with Chrome version "Chrome/109.0.0.0.0", and the latest version of Chrome is already 119. Although, I have it working fine without the user-agent swap, no message about an outdated browser. Maybe I have some add-on blocking browser version checking on sites.]

Indeed, User-Agent Switcher for Chrome helped.

Thanks bro 🤝

14 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
The "works" PC is on Windows 10 & the "home" PC is Windows 11...
Never seen that prompt on Windows 10, but, last night, when I upgraded Maxthon, I did see it, for the first time, on Windows 11.
Can the installer not simply check if a shortcut already exists on the taskbar & only prompt if not present!?

Hi MichaelC362, request recorded.

Archived