Maxthon PC 7.1.8.7001 beta

BugSir009

Maxthon PC 7.1.8.7001 beta

+ Added Custom UserAgent: Settings - Advanced Settings - Experiments now includes the option to customize UserAgent strings.
* Settings Sync Service Upgrade: The service has been updated to a more efficient settings synchronization service.
* Optimized Full Video Download Resolution: Video download resolution has been adjusted to match the original resolution.
* Updated multilingual translations.
- Fixed login account network error.
- Fixed performance issues caused by reloading pages repeatedly.
- Fixed repeated download issue with brightdata.

https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.7001/maxthon_7.1.8.7001_beta_x64.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.7001/maxthon_7.1.8.7001_beta_x86.exe
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.7001/maxthon_portable_7.1.8.7001_beta_x64.zip
https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.7001/maxthon_portable_7.1.8.7001_beta_x86.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Since 7.1.8.6800 there is a problem while opening www.dns-shop.ru. It gives me 403 error with Request: GET L3FyZXJyb3IvNDAzLmh0bWw=
Guru meditation: aEowdHE3U1JEZm9sOGlNWk5Sck1rRzJweW84NzcxNDk=

Other browsers and older versions of Maxthon works fine with this site. Please, help!

14 minutes ago, bdmao said:

Since 7.1.8.6800 there is a problem while opening www.dns-shop.ru. It gives me 403 error with Request: GET L3FyZXJyb3IvNDAzLmh0bWw=
Guru meditation: aEowdHE3U1JEZm9sOGlNWk5Sck1rRzJweW84NzcxNDk=

Other browsers and older versions of Maxthon works fine with this site. Please, help!

Hi bdmao, please go to Settings < Advanced < More Settings < Customize UserAgent String and change it to 109. Relaunch the browser and you should be able to access the website.

image.png

35 minutes ago, TVGSTR said:

Please provide an example of the setup.

Hi TVGSTR, please refer to the above as example.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Dyba, could you send me your log file and I will ask the development team to check for you.

It's always advisable to ask for operating system and version and whether it's installed or portable 

most of the time it's operating system related issue
and it's a good way for other members running the same specs to participate in the issue to be sure it's not user specific issue

2 minutes ago, Mhzayer said:

It's always advisable to ask for operating system and version and whether it's installed or portable 

and it's a good way for other members running the same specs to participate in the issue to be sure it's not user specific issue

I think copying mx:/version data is very helpful

Maxthon7.1.8.7000 (Official Build) (64-bit) 

Revision65d7530a3c132c981105935e4dbfd85118ee37b7-refs/branch-heads/5414@{#1460}

OSWindows 11 Version 23H2 (Build 22631.3235)

12 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Dyba, could you send me your log file and I will ask the development team to check for you.

what file should I send? give me the path

Wersja 7.1.8.7000(64-bit)0305 04:37

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro  10.0.22631 Kompilacja 22631 (23H2 22631.3235)

Edited by Dyba

12 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

and it's a good way for other members running the same specs to participate in the issue to be sure it's not user specific issu

Hi Mhzayer, you are right but the developers are also trying to check the log file to make sure it is not related to the previous bookmarks syncing issue :)

11 hours ago, Dyba said:

what file should I send? give me the path

Wersja 7.1.8.7000(64-bit)0305 04:37

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro  10.0.22631 Kompilacja 22631 (23H2 22631.3235)

Hi Dyba, kindly go to your local drive  - C:\Users\abc\AppData\Local\Maxthon\User Data\Log Files and send us the file based on the date(s) where you experienced syncing issue.

15 hours ago, brangianit said:

x7k0s1z.jpegThe translation of the page is now impossible, I am reading the message, it is impossible to translate this page

Hi brangianit, perhaps you could try changing the UA as stated above and see if it works?

7 hours ago, Magdalene said:

If you change the UA from the standard Maxthon one to a customised one using the new UA modifier in Settings/Advanced/More Custom Features it breaks certain extensions such as Disconnect

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/disconnect/jeoacafpbcihiomhlakheieifhpjdfeo

Hi Magdalene, could you let us know what UA did you changed to so we could test out on our end? And did you see an error message for that extension?

• BugSir009 changed the title to Maxthon PC 7.1.8.7001 beta

@ Bugsir 009

I changed it to this one

Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; IA64; en) AppleWebKit/599.0+ Maxthon/7.1 Chrome/122.0.6261.112 Safari/537.36 OPR/107.5045.36 Edge 122.0.2365.59

There is an error message from the extension

When I use the same UA in an UA modifier extension there is no error.

The browser periodically crashes. Example: I opened the browser, pressed the bookmark, the browser closed.
Win 7 Pro x64, Win10 Pro x64
On version 7.1.8.7000, this was not noticed.

Edited by alexzhus
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, alexzhus said:

The browser periodically crashes. Example: I opened the browser, pressed the bookmark, the browser closed.
Win 7 Pro x64, Win10 Pro x64
On version 7.1.8.7000, this was not noticed.

Hi alexzhus, can you send me your crash report?

14 hours ago, Magdalene said:

@ Bugsir 009

I changed it to this one

Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; IA64; en) AppleWebKit/599.0+ Maxthon/7.1 Chrome/122.0.6261.112 Safari/537.36 OPR/107.5045.36 Edge 122.0.2365.59

There is an error message from the extension

When I use the same UA in an UA modifier extension there is no error.

Hi Magdalene, could you also let me know which UA modifier extension did you use so we could check further?

Hello!
Re. "Supermium" (above) - Windows XP, Vista, 7, etc compatible, latest Chromium browser fork...
This clearly isn't a huge/major company developing this project, but 3 points I'd like to bring to your attention:

-Turnaround for major vulnerability patches generally less than one week from upstream disclosure
-Google Sync
-On Windows 7 and up, Widevine CDM support for viewing DRM content

If they can do it, so can you (Maxthon).
Sorry, but I just don't believe you when you say Google aren't replying to you when you requested Widevine - obviously, even if they had a backlog, this has been ongoing for YEARS & you can't simply ignore it, Maxthon MUST have Widevine support.
These people, who aren't well known, have it, so Maxthon, who are internationally known for over 20 years, certainly should have it too.
Whatever the real reason for not having it, get over it as it's preventing anyone who wants to stream DRM content from using Maxthon.
If a user can't use a browser for all web content, they'll simply change to another that does work.
All you're doing here, not updating the core & being compatible, is lose ever more users!

• Like 3

Exactly as you write ..., I personally use Maxthon for several years, currently I have the Edge (as standard) Chrome and Firefox but MAXTHON in Win'11 Pro system. However, due to the deficiencies mentioned above, it is only a matter of time when my flustration will reach a certain level and I will change to an alternative browser. It is unpleasant but true :(

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
Re. "Supermium" (above) - Windows XP, Vista, 7, etc compatible, latest Chromium browser fork...
This clearly isn't a huge/major company developing this project, but 3 points I'd like to bring to your attention:

-Turnaround for major vulnerability patches generally less than one week from upstream disclosure
-Google Sync
-On Windows 7 and up, Widevine CDM support for viewing DRM content

If they can do it, so can you (Maxthon).
Sorry, but I just don't believe you when you say Google aren't replying to you when you requested Widevine - obviously, even if they had a backlog, this has been ongoing for YEARS & you can't simply ignore it, Maxthon MUST have Widevine support.
These people, who aren't well known, have it, so Maxthon, who are internationally known for over 20 years, certainly should have it too.
Whatever the real reason for not having it, get over it as it's preventing anyone who wants to stream DRM content from using Maxthon.
If a user can't use a browser for all web content, they'll simply change to another that does work.
All you're doing here, not updating the core & being compatible, is lose ever more users!

Bingo
aimed and hit the bull's eye
I won't say I'll ever abandon Maxthon cause I started loving it since MyIe days and continued to love and support it
So we loyal users say this because we care
When are you Devs going to listen to us
We're with you in good and bad times so please please please
take the time to think about it carefully
The path you're taking is only shortlived. 
Think about making Maxthon the browser all competing browsers try to follow not the opposite

• Like 3

В свое время (2013 год) браузер Макстон действительно произвел впечатление. Теперь он стал просто Макстоном, при всем моем уважении к нему. 

Если  не будет достойного развития, то при любви к нему, наконец, рулить будут Хром и  Эдж...

Edited by TVGSTR
  • Like 1