Maxthon PC 7.1.8.6800 beta

BugSir009

On 2/28/2024 at 12:31 PM, Mhzayer said:

It keeps spinning and never loads on all browsers I have

Loads ok for me in Maxthon (reports: 581/594)
Could be a plugin (but would need to have same one installed on all browsers!) or anti-virus/firewall issue... what security do you use?
(could also be issue with ISP, but less likely)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Loads ok for me in Maxthon (reports: 581/594)
Could be a plugin (but would need to have same one installed on all browsers!) or anti-virus/firewall issue... what security do you use?
(could also be issue with ISP, but less likely)

I'm using 360 total security
never had any issues with it on that site (the old site) I guess

21 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

I'm using 360 total security
never had any issues with it on that site (the old site) I guess

I've installed Qihoo 360 Total Security 100s of times on customers computers in the past & even used it myself for a while, but since they dropped Bitdefender & then Avira scanning engines, I can't really recommend it anymore... It's saving grace however, is the sandbox, so as long as you don't allow anything to run that you don't recognize, then you would probably be fine (run scans with ADWCleaner, HitmanPro & AutoRuns (with VirusTotal lookup)).

For me, what I've seen with Maxthon before, is old settings affecting a new installation, even showing something different on the menus or screen.
Quickest test would be to backup your current Maxthon folder, uninstall it (using HiBit Uninstaller to show/remove 'leftovers'), restart Windows & then reinstall Maxthon.
If that doesn't work, then implies Windows issues (assuming you've already tested your SSD/HDD & RAM).

• Like 1

Hello
I have been using Maxthon browser with great pleasure since 2005. I experienced many problems with version 7. Some of them have been resolved, some are ongoing. The most annoying of these is the synchronization problem. This problem has been going on for a long time. Can you give me information about when it will be resolved?

version 7.1.8.6800 (64-bit) 0226 09:15

10 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

I've installed Qihoo 360 Total Security 100s of times on customers computers in the past & even used it myself for a while, but since they dropped Bitdefender & then Avira scanning engines, I can't really recommend it anymore... It's saving grace however, is the sandbox, so as long as you don't allow anything to run that you don't recognize, then you would probably be fine (run scans with ADWCleaner, HitmanPro & AutoRuns (with VirusTotal lookup)).

For me, what I've seen with Maxthon before, is old settings affecting a new installation, even showing something different on the menus or screen.
Quickest test would be to backup your current Maxthon folder, uninstall it (using HiBit Uninstaller to show/remove 'leftovers'), restart Windows & then reinstall Maxthon.
If that doesn't work, then implies Windows issues (assuming you've already tested your SSD/HDD & RAM).

Thanks for the advices

Hello!
From Quick Launch, clicking 'MaxNote' at the top & then moving cursor to the sidebar edge, so the cursor changes to "<-|->" & clicking to resize, the vertical line moves with the mouse, but then can't be released!  Clicking left or middle button or pressing ESCape does nothing, right click brings up menu, but only refreshing (F5) the page exits the resize & it drops back to where it was!

On 3/2/2024 at 5:30 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!
From Quick Launch, clicking 'MaxNote' at the top & then moving cursor to the sidebar edge, so the cursor changes to "<-|->" & clicking to resize, the vertical line moves with the mouse, but then can't be released!  Clicking left or middle button or pressing ESCape does nothing, right click brings up menu, but only refreshing (F5) the page exits the resize & it drops back to where it was!

This is an old mistake since the summer of 2023. )  

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 10:02 PM, Rackerkind said:

Hello
I have been using Maxthon browser with great pleasure since 2005. I experienced many problems with version 7. Some of them have been resolved, some are ongoing. The most annoying of these is the synchronization problem. This problem has been going on for a long time. Can you give me information about when it will be resolved?

version 7.1.8.6800 (64-bit) 0226 09:15

Hi Rackerkind @KSab, the developers are working on this issue and will try to resolve it asap.

On 3/2/2024 at 10:30 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Hi MichaelC362, could you try with the test version I have uploaded previously and see if this issue persist?