BugSir006

MX5 PC Official Release 5.3.8.2000

18 posts in this topic

Hey Maxers, 

Welcome to having a try of the brand new release!

Version 5.3.8.2000

For the full release note and changelog: click here

Also available on Maxthon's official website

http://www.maxthon.com/

Happy browser and leave your comment!

1 person likes this

core update to what version ?

The same than beta:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/69.0.3497.81 Safari/537.36 Maxthon/5.3.8.2000

Edited by Ldfa

is that not over a year old - not into the versions so i may be way off beam - Vivaldi is running on 78.0.3904.67 which i assume is much newer if only by the version number

the weakness lies in the way this is done; for some, this is simply what they are used to. 

voodoo child

2 ALL

Does anyone have news about M6 ? Telegram channel is epty. Everyone is silent...

theres a comment somewhere that its a work in progress from Geoff i think or attributed to him - apart from that i have seen nothing

but when have Maxthon ever said much about anything - it will happen or not and i guess will be as 5 a continued WIP until they think its time for 7

Thanks. Let's try this one, even if the core is still one year old older...

EDIT: just tried out this new version of maxthon. I want to be honest with you guys. I had to switch back to the oldest version because after opening 6 or 7 tabs, maxthon began to glitch and to slow down and crashed dwm.exe (Like seriously ????). That's ridiculous. It's unstable. And this problem is still there!!

Edited by stifani

8 hours ago, stifani said:

EDIT: just tried out this new version of maxthon. I want to be honest with you guys. I had to switch back to the oldest version because after opening 6 or 7 tabs, maxthon began to glitch and to slow down and crashed dwm.exe (Like seriously ????). That's ridiculous. It's unstable. And this problem is still there!!

Don't worry, in a month or so, they release version 5.3.8.2xxx Beta, to fix this stable version :p

As for version 6, in my humble opinion (I hope I'm wrong, seriously), I don't think it's going to be built, it's hard enough for them to get versions and fixes of these last ones, as to dedicate time to start a new project.

What's more, the big support has always come from this community, where is it?, then in better places, obviously :(

3 people like this

i think 6 will happen in that a version will be released as Mx6 - whether it will be different is the key question - just as 4 was abandoned when the release number increased to 5 then 5 will suffer a similar fate imo 

as to what 6 will be - well thats the big question - this new core is over a year old - how can they think thats good enough and why work on something so old to release it now

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, zork said:

Pop-up translater is killed again. 

Hi zork, thank you for your feedback. Confirmed.

This version works fine for me. But I'm looking forward to the newer (beta) version. When expected? Thanks!

released on 25th Oct - thats 5 weeks ago - has nothing been fixed in that time thats worth sharing - a core thats over a year old - bugs that are many years old

it would seem the project is dead 

is any one from Maxthon going to comment @BugSir006

2 hours ago, Tony said:

released on 25th Oct - thats 5 weeks ago

Ironic mode on //

On Dec 25 (2 months later), for Christmas gift we will have the beta v.5.3.8.2001 :titter:

Ironic mode off //

1 person likes this

When the new build with fixed bugs will appear? Project is closed (dead)?

1 person likes this