7.0.0.1200 Beta

BugSir006

On 1/27/2023 at 9:10 PM, Josh Products said:

I do not like this beta 1200! I have been using maxthon for awhile now and I do like what is running right now. My computer is slow and most everything is loading totally wrong!

Jon.

Hi Jon, may I know what is loading wrongly? Could you kindly provide screenshots or videos so we could look into it?

Hello!

When in settings & typing text in the search box, the highlighting is flawed...

Was looking for split screen, which I used in earlier versions of Maxthon, but hadn't noticed it's now moved down to the status bar as an icon & the entry on the menu (which shows 3 columns!) doesn't have a description when moving cursor over it, so hadn't realized it was that... so I typed "split" into the search box & the highlighting shows "split" in yellow, but also all "s"'s too!  This would be fine, when I first typed "s", but as soon as I typed "p", only "sp" should be highlighted & so on.

image.png.845929d569346b999f3b4ac560fbc38a.png

13 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Was looking for split screen, which I used in earlier versions of Maxthon, but hadn't noticed it's now moved down to the status bar as an icon & the entry on the menu (which shows 3 columns!) doesn't have a description when moving cursor over it, so hadn't realized it was that... so I typed "split" into the search box & the highlighting shows "split" in yellow, but also all "s"'s too!  This would be fine, when I first typed "s", but as soon as I typed "p", only "sp" should be highlighted & so on.

Hi MichaelC362, thanks alot. Have forwarded your feedback to the developers for them to look into it :)

2 hours ago, saman_rm said:

Again maxthon not responding on startup

Just saying that isn't helpful to them to try and troubleshoot.

You need to give them your:
- OS and version #
- Install or Portable version
- If you did a fresh install or installed over an existing install of Maxthon
- Provide Crash files, Logs, etc.
etc. etc.

You need to give any and all information you can so they can figure it out.  There are so many possibilities of WHY this could be happening to you including third party software like Anti-Virus programs, it could be a particular Extension you've installed, etc.

Hello!

The icons for split screen on the status bar & menu are different, hence my previous confusion...

Status bar shows an icon with 2 'pages' - which makes sense:

image.png.f82585b5194287a91aea3bc7fde2c480.png

Menu shows an icon with 3 'pages' - which it doesn't support, so is misleading:

image.png.5d8f1238ded4a340e57c937c48a51cb2.png

The icons should match & the menu one should be changed to be like the status bar one.

On 2/1/2023 at 4:08 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

I agree 
and the only way to bypass this is to copy and past sp to the search box where then you can type the rest to get a good result

15 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

Just saying that isn't helpful to them to try and troubleshoot.

You need to give them your:
- OS and version #
- Install or Portable version
- If you did a fresh install or installed over an existing install of Maxthon
- Provide Crash files, Logs, etc.
etc. etc.

You need to give any and all information you can so they can figure it out.  There are so many possibilities of WHY this could be happening to you including third party software like Anti-Virus programs, it could be a particular Extension you've installed, etc.

fresh and clean installed on windown 10 pro the last version (updated)

On 2/5/2023 at 1:42 AM, trump98 said:

Version7.0.0.1200(64-bit)0120 (portable) says that "Maxthon browser is up to date", while 1300 topic is already started for about 23 hours ago.

is it normal?

Hi trump98, auto update will only be pushed in the backend when there are major bugs fixed. Otherwise, it is up to you if you would like to download the latest version available.

Archived