×

Give a tip

How to get your crash data of Maxthon 6


BugSir006
 Share

Recommended Posts

When you encounter a crash, if it can be reproduced by some specific steps:

 

Then,

It is highly appreciated that if you can tell us :

  • the specific steps that cause the crash;
  • The browser version you are using;
  • provide us the crash data

 

Ps:  Two methods to get your crash data: 

  1. You can press "Win + R" keyboard > run "%appdata%" and press the keyboard "Enter" > go back to the folder "AppData" > open the folder "Local" > find the folder "Maxthon" > open the folder "Application" > "User Data" > "Crashpad" > "reports" > compress this folder and send it to us. 
  2. You can also find it directly from the following path: C:\Users\#Your User Name#\AppData\Local\Maxthon\Application\User Data\Crashpad\reports. The whole complete reports folder will be highly appreciated instead of only certain .txt document in it. 

                                                   Dingtalk_20201117104820.jpg

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/5/2021 at 5:58 PM, cherey said:

Maxthon starts and disappear within 3 seconds. Here is the last attached files in "Crashpad\reports" folder.

reports.rar 564.88 kB · 0 downloads

Hi cherey, thank you for your feedback. Would you let me know the version number of your browser and describe the steps cause the crash?

Could you reproduce the crash frequently?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem occurred when installing beta version 1400 (portable) over version 1305. The following occurred:

1. I always use the portable x64 versions on Windows 7 x64 on 2 computers (A, B) at home and a third computer (C) at work with Windows 10 x64.

2. On computer A, I installed version 1400 (over the previous 1305). Maxthon stopped remembering automatic login and asked for username and password. After 3 seconds, it closed automatically. I proceeded to manually copy an older date backup of the bookmarks onto the BOOKMARKS file and it worked. Maxthon started successfully.

3. The same thing happened on computer B. I installed version 1400 (over 1305) and maxthon asked for username and password. Once opened, it closed automatically after 3 seconds. I then proceeded to manually copy all the files from computer A to computer B (deleting all of the above). Maxthon started normally, but had lost the passwords stored in Passkeeper.

4. I went back to computer A and found that I had also lost the Passkeeper passwords.

5. I manually recovered the Passkeeper passwords from an earlier date on computer B and then noticed that computer A had successfully synchronized and recovered the passwords automatically.

6. Computer C with Windows 10 is still with version 1305 and does not synchronize bookmarks and has not lost Passkeeper passwords, but I have not dared to install version 1400 on it because this computer is from work and is very far from those of the home.

7. I have observed that computers A and B (with version 1400) now correctly synchronize the bookmarks with each other, but do not take into account what was added on computer C (version 1305).

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cherey said:

The problem occurred when installing beta version 1400 (portable) over version 1305. The following occurred:

1. I always use the portable x64 versions on Windows 7 x64 on 2 computers (A, B) at home and a third computer (C) at work with Windows 10 x64.

2. On computer A, I installed version 1400 (over the previous 1305). Maxthon stopped remembering automatic login and asked for username and password. After 3 seconds, it closed automatically. I proceeded to manually copy an older date backup of the bookmarks onto the BOOKMARKS file and it worked. Maxthon started successfully.

3. The same thing happened on computer B. I installed version 1400 (over 1305) and maxthon asked for username and password. Once opened, it closed automatically after 3 seconds. I then proceeded to manually copy all the files from computer A to computer B (deleting all of the above). Maxthon started normally, but had lost the passwords stored in Passkeeper.

4. I went back to computer A and found that I had also lost the Passkeeper passwords.

5. I manually recovered the Passkeeper passwords from an earlier date on computer B and then noticed that computer A had successfully synchronized and recovered the passwords automatically.

6. Computer C with Windows 10 is still with version 1305 and does not synchronize bookmarks and has not lost Passkeeper passwords, but I have not dared to install version 1400 on it because this computer is from work and is very far from those of the home.

7. I have observed that computers A and B (with version 1400) now correctly synchronize the bookmarks with each other, but do not take into account what was added on computer C (version 1305).

Hi cherey, thank you for your reply.?

You mean you copied the folder "User Data" from 1305 then pasted it 1400? Do you have the browser account? This issue happened under the guest account?

1 hour ago, cherey said:

I installed version 1400 (over 1305) and maxthon asked for username and password. Once opened, it closed automatically after 3 seconds.

The "username and password" are your browser account info? Or website account info?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

You mean you copied the folder "User Data" from 1305 then pasted it 1400? Do you have the browser account? This issue happened under the guest account?

The "username and password" are your browser account info? Or website account info?

Yes. I copied that folder under my own account. I don't use guest account.

Username and passowrd are my browser info.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, cherey said:

Yes. I copied that folder under my own account. I don't use guest account.

Username and passowrd are my browser info.

Hi cherey, thank you for your reply. The password data is encrypted, if you copy the account data then paste it to another device, the password data won't display. We recommend you to log in to your browser account directly, then the data will sync automatically. We will support the extension synchronization as soon as possible.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Version 6.1.2.2401 (64-bit) 0816 (installed) & previous version...

After installing, doesn't display quick launch, all plugins crash, can't click anything in Maxthon, but after exit & reload, is ok.

Here's the crashpad

Crashpad.7z 1.7 MB · 0 downloads

Thank you for your reply. It's a pity that there is no latest version crash report. 😭

Dingtalk_20210819141605.jpg

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Version 6.1.2.2401 (64-bit) 0816 (installed) & previous version...

After installing, doesn't display quick launch, all plugins crash, can't click anything in Maxthon, but after exit & reload, is ok.

Here's the crashpad

Crashpad.7z 1.7 MB · 0 downloads

If you experience this issue again, please open the developer tools (F12), open Console, capture a screenshot then send it it me.😊

Console.jpg

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share