×

Give a tip

MX6 PC Official Release 6.1.0.2000


BugSir006

Recommended Posts

On 12/5/2020 at 12:14 AM, Perplexer said:

MOUSE GESTURES BUG #1:

In some situations mouse gestures "Page top" and "Page bottom" do not work.

To reproduce:
1. Set mouse gesture "Up" to "Page top".
2. Set mouse gesture "Down" to "Page bottom".
3. Go to YouTube and play any video.
4. Click on the video to pause it / play it (the point is to click anywhere inside the black video/control area so that the video is "focused").
5. Press right mouse button + drag down to activate the "Page bottom" mouse gesture. Instead of going to the bottom of the page, the video will skip to the end.
6. Press right mouse button + drag up to activate the "Page top" mouse gesture. Instead of going to the top of the page, the video will restart playing from the beginning.
7. If you click somewhere outside of the video then the mouse gestures will work correctly.

Alternative way to reproduce:
1. Go to the top of this forum page and click into the Search field so that the text cursor starts blinking.
2. Try the "Page bottom" / "Page top" gestures again. They won't work.
3. Click somewhere outside the search field and the mouse gestures will work normally.

Maxthon Snap20201204165652.png

Thank you for your detailed information. This issue has been reported to the dev team. ?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/5/2020 at 1:03 AM, Perplexer said:

MOUSE GESTURES BUG #2:

There is another bug with mouse gestures when one gesture triggers another. This is diffifult to reproduce and may be more comples (involve different gestures or variables). But since I found one particular way to reproduce it with my particular set of mouse gestures I use, I will onyl show an examples on these.

To reproduce:
1. To make it easier, open a completely new Maxthon 6 browser window and load this forum thread in it.
2. Go to Settings and set mouse gesture "Left" to "Back"
3. Set mouse gesture "Hold right mouse then left click" to "Close current tab"
4. Click on this link to open an external page in a new tab: https://www.google.com/doodles/celebrating-noken-papua
5. Press right + left mouse buttons together to activate "Close current tab" mouse gesture. The current tab will close and you will be taken to the previous tab (or whatever tab you have configured in Settings) and then this tab will have the "Back" mouse gesture triggered on it!

 

Hi there,

I tried to test this issue. If the back button is light, the mouse gesture will work.

back.jpg

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2020 at 9:31 AM, R-Purnama said:

Yes, Win7 32-bit

I've did small experiment:

  1. I set Maxthon as my default browser, 
  2. I opened Windows Explorer, 
  3. I saw that the icon and file type of HTML file still not "Maxthon HTML document".
  4. When I clicked an HTML file, it was opened by other web browser.

It seems that this file type had been locked by another browser. You can try to right-click on the file then set it manually. ?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

downloaded this version of Maxston. launched. logged in. outwardly, Maxton shows that I am logged in, and in the settings it shows that I am not logged in. still in Maxton 6 the tab is missing on startup with previously open pages, as it was in Maxton 5

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Kachmar said:

downloaded this version of Maxston. launched. logged in. outwardly, Maxton shows that I am logged in, and in the settings it shows that I am not logged in.

Could you provide a short video of this issue?

18 hours ago, Kachmar said:

still in Maxton 6 the tab is missing on startup with previously open pages, as it was in Maxton 5

example.jpg

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been using Maxton since 2004. but now I think, why is Maxton better than others? my favorite "take screenshot" extension has been removed. "disable right mouse click" was removed. Previously opened pages are now opened at the start of the browser immediately, and not as before in a separate window. added a bunch of weird bugs. so why is Maxton better than others now?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kachmar said:

my favorite "take screenshot" extension has been removed.

screenshot.jpg

1 hour ago, Kachmar said:

"disable right mouse click" was removed.

Could you provide a screenshot of this issue?

1 hour ago, Kachmar said:

Previously opened pages are now opened at the start of the browser immediately, and not as before in a separate window.

last session page.jpg

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2020 at 2:43 PM, TarMaster said:

Hello! This one better version, but some issues exist in the latest Maxthon 6:
1. Positioning still doesn't work.
2. There is no scroll bar at the bottom of the folder with many bookmarks. Just the "MORE" button, which navigates to the bookmark manager. Therefore, I can't use the other bookmarks directly.

image.thumb.png.9aaf6f379194e70437775f632fbec30e.png


Maxthon 5 has a scroll bar and I can use the bookmarks in the other columns directly.

image.thumb.png.acf7f0ef10fe6e425ceb90647c4612fa.png

I LOVE THIS.. i want this back the "more" button that directs me to the slow bookmarks page is not what i want i dont even feel like using my bookmarks then.. but with the mx5 bookmark scroll bar? I had fun looking up my bookmarks it was not a burden like mx6

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/7/2020 at 5:17 PM, BugSir006 said:

It seems that this file type had been locked by another browser. You can try to right-click on the file then set it manually. ?

Maxthon should be shown in the list of "WINDOWS-->Default Programs-->Set your default programs" window if it really can be set as default app (in my case is as default web browser). The fact is Maxthon not shown in the list.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, R-Purnama said:

Maxthon should be shown in the list of "WINDOWS-->Default Programs-->Set your default programs" window if it really can be set as default app (in my case is as default web browser). The fact is Maxthon not shown in the list.

Hi there, open the browser menu (Alt+F) > More tools, click Set as default, then Maxthon 6 will be displayed in the list. ?

set as default.jpg

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi, according to the video, you chosed Continue where you left off. We recommend you to choose the forth option, last session page.

last session page.jpg

 

it's not that ... I want it to be like in Maxton 5. so that previously opened pages open in a separate window, and not immediately. I don't need an overloaded browser and system. I myself want to decide which previously opened pages to open

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

look
in Maxton 5, previously opened pages open, strictly, as one page of one site.
in Maxton 6 pages open as different pages of the same site

450282613_1.thumb.JPG.818c74270f7f94af78a1f2ef0d01d5b5.JPG766709267_2.JPG.7c7cebd11ea78bf8b1d3ffe9b1d16f02.JPG

that is, Maxston 6 does not care that I closed some page before exiting the browser. Maxton 6 believes that this page was open for me before exiting the browser. although it is not. I closed it and then exited the browser

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kachmar said:

look
in Maxton 5, previously opened pages open, strictly, as one page of one site.
in Maxton 6 pages open as different pages of the same site

450282613_1.thumb.JPG.818c74270f7f94af78a1f2ef0d01d5b5.JPG766709267_2.JPG.7c7cebd11ea78bf8b1d3ffe9b1d16f02.JPG

that is, Maxston 6 does not care that I closed some page before exiting the browser. Maxton 6 believes that this page was open for me before exiting the browser. although it is not. I closed it and then exited the browser

Hi there, this suggestion has been forwarded to the product team.

Currently, you can set mx://history/ as your startup page.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • BugSir006 unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 2:43 PM, TarMaster said:

Hello! This one better version, but some issues exist in the latest Maxthon 6:
1. Positioning still doesn't work.
2. There is no scroll bar at the bottom of the folder with many bookmarks. Just the "MORE" button, which navigates to the bookmark manager. Therefore, I can't use the other bookmarks directly.

image.thumb.png.9aaf6f379194e70437775f632fbec30e.png


Maxthon 5 has a scroll bar and I can use the bookmarks in the other columns directly.

image.thumb.png.acf7f0ef10fe6e425ceb90647c4612fa.png

I WANT THE SCROLL BAR ALSO!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES I love the scroll bar.. the more is really not good.. i dislike it ...

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

without the scroll bar, a folder in bookmarks with numerous entries, everything that doesn't fit on 2 panes  has to be accessed through the "more" button, leading to a tedious process to view the rest of the folders'  contents. This just doesn't make any sense! My workaround(until I can't stand it anymore):For those folders I know will have this problem I access them through bookmark management to begin with.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.