So maybe this is a time to MaxthonJeff?

On 6/3/2018 at 10:45 AM, MaxthonJeff said:

...t we will continue to improve/innovate instead of staying at a version. Developing the best product is always a way in progress.

In all 5.2+ version the is big performance problem with RTL sites. Same site in RTL is very slow then LTR version. I thought problem in js when working with DOM.

I opened bug a week ago but is no response there.

I'll just put it in here...
This is the reason why now I'm not worried about Maxthon changes. They changed target audience. Old users don't like it, but it's OK. And maybe this is really right step for company (not for us, but globally this's not so important).
Если нужен перевод на русский, найти его можно здесь.

P.S.
1. BTW, comments on Extensions Center don't work. I can't reply and can't write rewiew.
2. If YouTube Center works on other browsers, the script may work on Maxthon too. Try to contact with developer or just use ViolentMonkey.

• 2 months later...
On 03/06/2018 at 4:45 AM, MaxthonJeff said:

If that’s all the users want, they will not choose Maxthon. Users want EVERYTHING. You can only speak for yourself. ;-)

And actually no browser has been there. Try Googling “Chrome crash”, “Firefox crash”, “Opera crash”, “IE crash” and do it again, replacing “crash” with “slow”.

I am glad you find a version that suits you well. But we will continue to improve/innovate instead of staying at a version. Developing the best product is always a way in progress.

The biggest mistake of the story was to abandon Nitro, definitely the fastest browser in history.

I dream of your return. It would open in 1 second.

• -ody- unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...

LOL I can't believe I read all the comments on the topic, but yeah, feature based my favorite version was 4.4.8.2000 but it did crash a lot, 10 times daily at least, stability wise maxthon has improve a lot, I was the type of user who in the old forum wrote a lot of topics with suggestions and improvements that I belived could make a lot of people happy, a lot of them were implemented a lot of them didn't...

I could write a topic about some bug and find out 4 users had done the same, months ago and the bug may or may not been fixed.

I know and understand that is impossible to keep everyone happy, the same feature 2k people requested another 2k users will complain about it in the next day...

Thruth be said, the users who actually use the forum are not even then 10% of all the maxthon users, and there's now way to know what they like what don't, if they stopped using maxthon for a bug, lack of addons or just they didn't realized that you had to go to the forum to download the latest version and a lot of things stopped working for the same reason.

But I do believe that maxthon devs should put more attention to the forum users, because at the end of the day, we are here because we use the browsers and we want to make it better, because we care enought for the product to write a topic, to welcome new members and shared out knockledge to them.

Because at the end of the day the forum users are the ones who recommend maxthon to others, I had made a lot of people switch to maxthon, I'm always bragging about the snap tool and the maxnote wich I used daily and I really depend on them on my daily basis (like really really depend on them). The forum users are the spokesman of maxthon and keeping them happy is important because they are the ones who bring other people here and keep them here.

The reasons I've stayed with maxthon is because at some point I've felt listen, with chrome you could talk and no ones will even care, chrome devs are totally unaccesible, and maxthon devs used to enter the forum once in a while, at least 4 years ago they did... We came here, we complaing, praise, comment and still do, because we know they are some people to talk to, if we truly believed that coming to the forum was pointless we wouldnt be here in the first place.

So to summarize it, bring chrome extensions to maxthon, because the lack of them are making me go to firefox to do a certain task that I know they are impossible in maxthon c:

I haven't forgot 

545db9b8f35c1ab545be78219d8daf1df40fbad9

Archived