Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BugSir006

announcement MX5 Beta Release 5.0.2.1400

71 posts in this topic

Dear all,

Thanks for helping Maxthon improve all the time.

And today, we bring you the latest beta version 5.0.2.1400 and welcome all of you to have a try!

We sincerely thank all the users who give us valuable feedback, which helped us find lots of bugs and fix them. 

Your advice and suggestions are always the wheels of our progress!

Here is the changelog:

 

New function added:

+ Can detect favorited website

 

Functions optimized:

- Cold start speed

- ABP performance

- Snap function under win7 system

 

Fixed:

* Occasional black screen issue
* Occasional crashes
* Some issues under retro mode
* Maxnote UI issues
ABP issue under private mode
* Add controls for WebM videos
* Remember ABP settings
* Display issue for exported HTML notes
* Reader mode for some sites
* Locking screen visual effect under full screen

 

You should find the install information here or on our official website :1f60a:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the previous version notify and update automatically?

If not, please add this feature. Maybe also have "check for beta updates" feature.

Also, please avoid re-creating an icon in the task bar. I keep deleting it, and it keeps coming back on every single update.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

You should find the install information here or on our official website :1f60a:

 

Access to release notes version 5, from the menu link, does not appear

Un Saludo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pantantrollo said:

 

Access to release notes version 5, from the menu link, does not appear

Un Saludo

 

 

Hi pantantrollo. do you mean access from here and cannot open any release note?

QQ截图20170119170918.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

Does the previous version notify and update automatically?

If not, please add this feature. Maybe also have "check for beta updates" feature.

Also, please avoid re-creating an icon in the task bar. I keep deleting it, and it keeps coming back on every single update.

Hi there, thanks for posting.

We don't give notify for this version update.

As for the check for updates feature, we've talked about it before. Since for beta versions, we don't want to spread them to every single Maxthon users, only for users like you who come to our forum or official site frequently. You are our loyal users, and you have deeper knowledge on Maxthon than other common users. So you may give us more valuable feedback on these beta versions, so we have time to polish Maxthon5 to a better stage, When we think the time is appropriate and our product is mature, we'll push update/notify to all or batches of users. By doing so, we also prevent common users experiencing some unexpected bugs. Thanks to you!

About the icon issue, it seems to be a bug? since it doesn't come back once I deleted it. May I ask did you do a clean installation every single time, and then delete the icon on taskbar, while the icon come back on taskbar every time when you restart your PC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi pantantrollo. do you mean access from here and cannot open any release note?

 

Yes, from the release notes link, I only see the 4.9.x version and the Nitro link directly, nothing else

Un Saludo

Portapapeles01.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pantantrollo said:

Yes, from the release notes link, I only see the 4.9.x version and the Nitro link directly, nothing else

Un Saludo

 

Portapapeles01.png

that may be related to the board permission setting, let me put it right! Thank you mi amigo for telling me this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

that may be related to the board permission setting, let me put it right! Thank you mi amigo for telling me this!

Not logged , right  

MaxthonSnap20170119103155.png

and Logged in, incorrect :)

MaxthonSnap20170119103122.png

 

Un Saludo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

that may be related to the board permission setting, let me put it right! Thank you mi amigo for telling me this!

Closer :arf:

 

odd.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, thanks for posting.

We don't give notify for this version update.

As for the check for updates feature, we've talked about it before. Since for beta versions, we don't want to spread them to every single Maxthon users, only for users like you who come to our forum or official site frequently. You are our loyal users, and you have deeper knowledge on Maxthon than other common users. So you may give us more valuable feedback on these beta versions, so we have time to polish Maxthon5 to a better stage, When we think the time is appropriate and our product is mature, we'll push update/notify to all or batches of users. By doing so, we also prevent common users experiencing some unexpected bugs. Thanks to you!

About the icon issue, it seems to be a bug? since it doesn't come back once I deleted it. May I ask did you do a clean installation every single time, and then delete the icon on taskbar, while the icon come back on taskbar every time when you restart your PC?

About the update feature, you can add it to the "advanced" section for beta versions, with a warning about enabling it.

About the icon issue, this happens every time I update. Not only that, but pressing it doesn't do anything. I wanted to attach a video here, but the MX5 can't handle this forum well, as the attachment icon is stuck on "loading" (and the tab has infinite loading animation) so I can't press it. Even choosing to reply to you did nothing instead of scrolling to the new reply post area at the bottom of the page.
Since I can't upload here, here are videos to show all those issues:
http://www115.zippyshare.com/v/Jnt8ttjW/file.html
Really, many website have issues being used on MX5, even this forum... Why can't you use Chrome engine or something?

Anyway, back to the icon issue. In the long past, we had the option to add to the "quick launch" bar, but now it always gets shown on the taskbar, without having the option not to add it (in the installer).

I did an update installation, but even when I didn't have MX5 installed, the first time I installed it, the icon was added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:


http://www115.zippyshare.com/v/Jnt8ttjW/file.html
Really, many website have issues being used on MX5, even this forum... Why can't you use Chrome engine or something?

 

Mx5 does use Chrome engine(blink), albeit a little dated at this time.....

For those of you looking for the new favorite function, it's on the address bar bee when visiting a site you have in your favorites.

fav.png

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

Does the previous version notify and update automatically?

If not, please add this feature. Maybe also have "check for beta updates" feature.

Also, please avoid re-creating an icon in the task bar. I keep deleting it, and it keeps coming back on every single update.

Updates are the same now as they were as far back as M3, maybe even M2.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PHYR said:

Closer :arf:

 

How about now :)

1 hour ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

but the MX5 can't handle this forum well, as the attachment icon is stuck on "loading" (and the tab has infinite loading animation) so I can't press it.

that happens sometimes on me as well, also with other browsers ;(

1 hour ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

we had the option to add to the "quick launch" bar, but now it always gets shown on the taskbar, without having the option not to add it (in the installer).

Get your point! we indeed do not have the option to add on "quick launch" or on "taskbar", we only have "add shortcut on the desktop".

How about raising a vote here and let us estimate how many people want it :1f60a:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mx5.0.2.1400-beta

13:12 clean installed 3x Breaked Down Eternally long wait until "Set a folder to display..." and when: Breaks down first.
Snapshots are always gone.

"Set a folder to display..." Takes very long and always a short break down

Drag&Drop from Favorite Board very long, short break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PHYR said:

Mx5 does use Chrome engine(blink), albeit a little dated at this time.....

For those of you looking for the new favorite function, it's on the address bar bee when visiting a site you have in your favorites.

fav.png

How much dated? And why not use the newest one?

2 hours ago, PHYR said:

Updates are the same now as they were as far back as M3, maybe even M2.

 

I didn't talk about updates. I talked about the app icon in the taskbar. In the previous versions of Maxthon installer, you could choose to put the icon in the quick-launch bar. Now there isn't such an option, and it always puts one in the taskbar. Look at the video.
But, speaking of updates, it should really change. It doesn't make sense that each major version of Maxthon, I have to ditch all of my settings and re-set the all on the new version. An update should import all settings, and remove the previous version because only on Maxthon web browser is needed.

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

How about now :)

that happens sometimes on me as well, also with other browsers ;(

Get your point! we indeed do not have the option to add on "quick launch" or on "taskbar", we only have "add shortcut on the desktop".

How about raising a vote here and let us estimate how many people want it :1f60a:

It's not a feature. It's a bug. Look at the video. The icon always gets re-added, and pressing it doesn't even do anything.
And there is sadly no "quick launch" built in, so app don't use it anymore. I had to create a new toolbar that shows links that are stored in a folder of my choice, in my case, because I actually liked the quick launch. Windows 10 (and 8) got it worse, by sometimes removing/resetting toolbars upon bootups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably start-up difficulties, now it works. Starting now very fast :1f60a: :1f60d:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

How much dated? And why not use the newest one?

Our developers are upgrading the core to 55, you should have a newer chrome blink soon :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Snapshot you can no longer select the folder. It has secured, but where? It probably did not save. Is there a file ending for the snapshots as you can search them in the Favorite Manager?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chantao said:

With Snapchat you can no longer select the folder. It has secured, but where?

Hi Chantao,

Do you mean the function "snap region" and "snap whole page"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one please look picture. Once you have selected the area, it is immediately saved without selecting the folder. You probably have to specify the folder first, then select the area earlier, the reverse was also.

honeybeesnaps.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Our developers are upgrading the core to 55, you should have a newer chrome blink soon :)

That's a very good news !!!:D:top:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 1000 again. This is just like with verse 4, the only one that works with me is mx4.9.2.600-beta. And if I take 4 then take him. At mx5.0.2.1000 is fine. I also do not feel like the whole tests. Somehow but a new version should run better than their predecessor, but what the 1400 held this morning with me, NO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The shortcut ALT + Q for manual filling the username/password STOP WORKING in this version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Our developers are upgrading the core to 55, you should have a newer chrome blink soon :)

That's quite new. Not the newest, but new enough. Thanks. Hope it will help with compatibility, and the drag&drop of files issue will be gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you! :)

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

It doesn't make sense that each major version of Maxthon, I have to ditch all of my settings and re-set the all on the new version

Something wrong there. I've been testing each MX5 version and they all import my old MX4 data correctly (except for skynote on the past few). But all the settings data happily gets transferred between each.

5 hours ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

Hope it will help with compatibility, and the drag&drop of files issue will be gone.

No doubt will help with compatibility. But there is no issue with drag'n'drop. Chances are that the issue will still occur as it's not related to blink seeing as it's not common issue.

5 hours ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

Not the newest, but new enough.

Maxthon will never be on the bleeding edge of the latest blink release due to the fact it's not a chrome clone. But as they've said, they should be able to keep it closer to current than what it has been in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PsyAfter said:

Magic fill no fill more :(

Hi PsyAfter, really sorry for the trouble and our testers have confirmed that it's caused by a bug our developers fixed related to auto fill. They are looking into the codes now, so don't worry!

BTW, please try to switch to retro mode and see if it works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Chantao said:

This one please look picture. Once you have selected the area, it is immediately saved without selecting the folder. You probably have to specify the folder first, then select the area earlier, the reverse was also.

honeybeesnaps.png

Hi Chantao,

That's quite strange, it doesn't happen on me. Here is a gif I took. Did I perform the right steps?

snap.gif

13 hours ago, Sebast. said:

The shortcut ALT + Q for manual filling the username/password STOP WORKING in this version.

Hi Sebast, thanks for your feedback. I've tried the shortcut and it works for me. May I ask is it stop working for some specific sites? if yes, could you help to specify them? Or It stop working for all sites that require to fill a form?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites