Test MX5's compatibility with us

Dear all,

Currently, in MX5, most of websites can be switched between Ultra Mode and Retro Mode in smart way, according to the website's designated core.

However, some special websites have no designated core in coding, because the coding is old or other reasons. In this case, users will have  to switch cores by manual way, when they browsing those websites.

We hope to give users better experience for this function. Therefore, we need your help.

Please help us to collect websites which need to switch to Retro Mode(Compatible Mode) in manual way in MX5.

During you using MX5, if you find some websites pop up the following notification, please copy the website link and submit it under this post.

QQ截图20160722183154.jpg

Meanwhile, if you find some websites with the problem of core misjudgement. Please also reply under this post.

After you clicked the "Compatible Mode" button of pop-up, if this website has display issues, this means this website has core misjudgement problem.

Big thanks for everyone's contribution for improving MX5.

Looking forward to hearing from you. ♥

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BugMiss006 said:

Dear all,

During you using MX5, if you find some websites pop up the following notification, please copy the website link and submit it under this post.

QQ截图20160722183154.jpg

my internet box (orange livebox 4)... can't give you any address (it's my local ip 193.168.1.1)

sigmax2.png

• -ody- pinned this topic
On 7/22/2016 at 7:02 AM, BugMiss006 said:

Dear all,

Currently, in MX5, most of websites can be switched between Ultra Mode and Retro Mode in smart way, according to the website's designated core.

However, some special websites have no designated core in coding, because the coding is old or other reasons. In this case, users will have  to switch cores by manual way, when they browsing those websites.

We hope to give users better experience for this function. Therefore, we need your help.

Please help us to collect websites which need to switch to Retro Mode(Compatible Mode) in manual way in MX5.

QQ截图20160722183154.jpg

Meanwhile, if you find some websites with the problem of core misjudgement. Please also reply under this post.

After you clicked the "Compatible Mode" button of pop-up, if this website has display issues, this means this website has core misjudgement problem.

Big thanks for everyone's contribution for improving MX5.

Looking forward to hearing from you. ♥

I have an address for you. httP://www.cbs.com loads fine for browsing, but will not play any video unless I switch to Retro mode.  I was going to report it as a video playback issue (and it is in Ultra mode) but it fits here.  There is no auto-switching happening.  And it is very extion 

inconvenient to do the sswitch in MX5 without the switch mode button.

EDIT: CORRECTION: Thanks to suggestions below, disabled all esxtensions except the default ones that come with MX5.  The cbs.com videos now play with ad blocking enabled in Ultra mode.

Problem report resolved; no Mx5 bug; extension conflict.

<<SL>>

4 minutes ago, SnowLeopard said:

I have an address for you. httP://www.cbs.com loads fine for browsing, but will not play any video unless I switch to Retro mode.  I was going to report it as a video playback issue (and it is in Ultra mode) but it fits here.  There is no auto-switching happening.  And it is very inconvenient to do the sswitch in MX5 without the switch mode button.

<<SL>>

Have no problem playing videos in Ultra Mode on your link.  Did you turn off ABP?

Videos.png

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

1 hour ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Have no problem playing videos in Ultra Mode on your link.  Did you turn off ABP?

Yep, played without issue without making any reconfigurations of any kind, no settings, abp, mode. 

Try again disabling extensions and filters....

5 hours ago, joemax said:

Yep, played without issue without making any reconfigurations of any kind, no settings, abp, mode. 

Try again disabling extensions and filters....

Thanks both of you.  I resolved the problem by disabling 4 extra (non-default) extensions, 3 games and YTCenter.   I haven't identified the culprit but cbs.com videos play in Ultra mode.

<<SL>>

On 7/22/2016 at 7:27 PM, -ody- said:

my internet box (orange livebox 4)... can't give you any address (it's my local ip 193.168.1.1)

Thanks feedback, ody. We will try to fix.

1 hour ago, 30370376 said:

Thanks, friend~

On 7/23/2016 at 1:40 AM, SnowLeopard said:

Thanks both of you.  I resolved the problem by disabling 4 extra (non-default) extensions, 3 games and YTCenter.   I haven't identified the culprit but cbs.com videos play in Ultra mode.

<<SL>>

Maybe some websites only pop-up notification on someone's computer, related to hardware or network environment.

For those websites, we will test the best core for them and set up.

Thanks for your help, SnowLeopard.

19 hours ago, Sergey_K said:

Web-interface in ADSL modem DSL--2500U.

"to collect websites which need to switch to Retro Mode(Compatible Mode)"

17 hours ago, -ody- said:

Thanks ody and Sergey's confirm. 

I tried on my computer for some local webpage. It's same. I will send to test team this issue and have a look how to solve it.

Do you find some other websites pop up the switching  Compatible Mode  notification?

I cannot post any url, but since I installed the beta on my work pc, that thing start appearing on almost every site I visit, google.it neowin.net Microsoft.com maxthon.com and many many other... I think it has something not working as expected :)

Just now, PHYR said:

I can't access itunes.apple.com, it opens apple.com/itunes/ instead. Do you have to login?

No, I sure didn't have to log in.  I just typed itunes.apple.com in the address bar and that is what came up, without the compatible mode message.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

6 minutes ago, PHYR said:

I even d&d what you typed but same result, odd. But I'm not seeing compatible mode message either.

search for "messenger appstore" (again, I don't know how I ended up there, I never go to the appstore, and I don't I use this messenger either..:huh:)

sigmax2.png

Archived