unexpected refresh/silent crash

does someone else experiment unexpected refreshes while writting a post here, if I open a new tab (to get more information elsewhere for instance), then come back to the forum to send the post ?

edit : seems to happen each time I go to another tab then go back to the forum tab

sigmax2.png

The only problem I experience is sometimes the wrong post is quoted when I try to respond to a certain post, especially(maybe always) if I tried to respond to another post on the same page. I think ctrl+f5 fixes it or maybe clearing some browser data.

Edit SO no, never experience refreshing of tab. Only crash of browser when using r/click+wheel to switch from info or new tab to some other tab, without fail.

3 minutes ago, PHYR said:

The only problem I experience is sometimes the wrong post is quoted when I try to respond to a certain post, especially(maybe always) if I tried to respond to another post on the same page. I think ctrl+f5 fixes it or maybe clearing some browser data.

Edit SO no, never experience refreshing of tab. Only crash of browser when using r/click+wheel to switch from info or new tab to some other tab, without fail.

it doesn't happen at work either (Mx4.9). so seems to be specific to Mx5 (in my case at least)

sigmax2.png

Yes, I have experienced that "refresh" when I go to another tab and then come back to finish my post.  I also experience the same thing Phyr does with the wrong quote being posted and it drives me crazy.  (Well, that's not so difficult to do now, is it?)  :arf:

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Just now, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Yes, I have experienced that "refresh" when I go to another tab and then come back to finish my post.  I also experience the same thing Phyr does with the wrong quote being posted and it drives me crazy.  (Well, that's not so difficult to do now, is it?)  :arf:

could it be a cache issue ? is it related to the bug in address bar (search words, alias and previous links remaining)

sigmax2.png

9 minutes ago, -ody- said:

could it be a cache issue ? is it related to the bug in address bar (search words, alias and previous links remaining)

I don't think it's a cache issue because I've tried clearing cache and it still happens.  But it's not every time, which is why it is so confusing. :twisted:

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

I had several refreshes in a raw today : I was trying to paste a quote on french forum, and paste refreshed the tab instead, no content is saved, I can't give you the link, it's a private section.

when I click on a tab (french forum and here) it refreshes too.

I think these are silent crashes, and it does not occur with Mx4, same tabs

sigmax2.png

1 hour ago, 30370376 said:

I've noticed that when i play a youtube in one tab then go to another tab to do something else then return back to the youtube tab, the youtube tab would refresh itself. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

merged. This refreshes are silent crashes.

sigmax2.png

On my computer at work, since I use mx5.0.0.2700, I have silent crash and crash. But now, when using same Maxthon Passport with Maxthon Cloud 4.4.8.2000, I have the same silent crash.:twisted:

I don't use mx5.0.0.2700 at home and no silent crash with Maxthon Cloud 4.4.8.2000.

See ya, Ldfa.

maxthonfr.png ldfaforum.png getmaxthon.png

Hi everybody,

thanks for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

This auto refresh is indeed a kind of crash.

1, please try to disable extensions that are not inbuilt in Maxthon. 

2, If the refresh still happend after disabling sxtensoins. Could you provide us your Maxthon version, computer system, crash website, and crash report in temp folder.

Thanks again and looking forward to your replys ;)

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, -ody- said:

forum keeps refreshing today.. have a hard time to post, no crash data in temp...

Hi ody,

Really sorry that this condition comes back again. But I did not experience that, and I've tried in other computers, still cannot reproduce.

Could you help me and please tell me how our developers may help in this mysterious issue, I truly don't have a clue:cry:

19 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi ody,

Really sorry that this condition come back again. But I did not experience that, and I've tried in other computers, still cannot reproduce.

Could you help me and please tell me how our developers may help in this mysterious issue, I truly don't have a clue:cry:

only thing I can tell is what I see on status bar when it happens : "connecting" : it looks like maxthon loses the connection to the server : could be

• a local issue (I doubt it, other tabs would refresh too)
  • a maxthon issue (doubt it for the same reason)
  • or a server issue

sigmax2.png

19 minutes ago, -ody- said:

only thing I can tell is what I see on status bar when it happens : "connecting" : it looks like maxthon loses the connection to the server : could be

• a local issue (I doubt it, other tabs would refresh too)
  • a maxthon issue (doubt it for the same reason)
  • or a server issue

Hi Ody,

Lucky you, I just experienced an unexpected refresh in forum. But I'm using Chrome, so I suppose it may be a server issue. Do you know how to solve it?:(

Just now, BugSir006 said:

Hi Ody,

Lucky you, I just experienced an unexpected refresh in forum. But I'm using Chrome, so I suppose it may be a server issue. Do you know how to solve it?:(

a server issue is on your side, there's nothing I can do about it..

you should ask devs to take a look into it !

sigmax2.png

2 hours ago, -ody- said:

a server issue is on your side, there's nothing I can do about it..

you should ask devs to take a look into it !

Yes, I should. While the dilemma here is when a dev comes, my page is as normal as never before. The refresh can hardly appear ever again

Just now, BugSir006 said:

Yes, I should. While the dilemma here is when a dev comes, my page is as normal as never before. The refresh can hardly appear ever again

Yes, that is the problem with the time differences.  By the time they get around to checking on things, it has cleared itself up.  

4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Ody,

Bugsirs should not be allowed to use chrome!!! :)

5 minutes ago, Chantao said:

It's really following sense: Not only sometimes, but very often, you have to have a lot of patience with MX5. And if I lack the patience I take Yandex or SRWiron until the patient is back. :titter: :twisted: :p :mdr:

this is not a maxthon issue... it's a forum issue.

sigmax2.png

Archived