×

Give a tip

Maxthon 4.9.2.400 Download Manager probs


Recommended Posts

I finally started using the Beta version 4.9.2.400 and Its much better than 4.9.1.1000 but just like before the Download Manager doesnt always open and run,it does sometimes if I update flash or shockwave but thats about it,thats the reason I went back to 4.4.8.1000 when the first Beta release came out,and why is the Download Manager hidden in Settings now and not near the Quick Tools like before ? lol Ole' reliable Maxthon is really putting out some shotty and sloppy releases with these Betas having so many bugs and glitches

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, THRASHER69 said:

I finally started using the Beta version 4.9.2.400 and Its much better than 4.9.1.1000 but just like before the Download Manager doesnt always open and run,it does sometimes if I update flash or shockwave but thats about it,thats the reason I went back to 4.4.8.1000 when the first Beta release came out,and why is the Download Manager hidden in Settings now and not near the Quick Tools like before ? lol Ole' reliable Maxthon is really putting out some shotty and sloppy releases with these Betas having so many bugs and glitches

Download Manager is still in the same plasces it has always been in Mx 4.4.8.x and in 4.9.x.x.  It's an icon next to the Main Menu on the Navbar and it's aan icon on the sidebar

DM-MaxthonSnap20160326151201.thumb.png.5

                        <<SL>>

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well here is a screenshot of my laptop,I see the download light blue button on the left side but there still in no download manager by the Quick Tools area like yours shows or any options to place it there,Its only found in the 3 black bars settings on the far right but thats no biggie the downloading is,It took me 7-8 times of reloading the same page site to get the download manager to finally run,Its like it has a mind of Its own when it decides it wants to open and run,then I noticed on my cam I decided to test it out and take a quick photo on the site fubar and when I pressed allow cam and was trying to snap the pic the live cam is freezing,you have to wait 10 seconds inbetween for it to even show the live frame,then it gets stuck on that frame and you have to wait another 10 seconds for it to return to the live frame again...etc. youtube videos are still choppy and so are other movie videos and streams,very laggy and slow,some pages dont load as fast either on certain sites like they did before

download.jpg

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

well using the versions before like 4.4.8.1000 or 2000 never had a problem with download manager,I had finally remembered it had trouble on the 4.9.1.1000 version before downloading so I tested it out on happystreams and openload and seen it was still the same problems

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, THRASHER69 said:

well using the versions before like 4.4.8.1000 or 2000 never had a problem with download manager,I had finally remembered it had trouble on the 4.9.1.1000 version before downloading so I tested it out on happystreams and openload and seen it was still the same problems

Hi, may we know the link to the content you are trying to download? 

In meantime, you may also try out the portable version of the latest beta version and keep us updated on the progress...

Thanks.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, THRASHER69 said:

Well here is a screenshot of my laptop,I see the download light blue button on the left side but there still in no download manager by the Quick Tools area like yours shows or any options to place it there,Its only found in the 3 black bars settings on the far right but thats no biggie the downloading is,It took me 7-8 times of reloading the same page site to get the download manager to finally run,Its like it has a mind of Its own when it decides it wants to open and run,then I noticed on my cam I decided to test it out and take a quick photo on the site fubar and when I pressed allow cam and was trying to snap the pic the live cam is freezing,you have to wait 10 seconds inbetween for it to even show the live frame,then it gets stuck on that frame and you have to wait another 10 seconds for it to return to the live frame again...etc. youtube videos are still choppy and so are other movie videos and streams,very laggy and slow,some pages dont load as fast either on certain sites like they did before

download.jpg

Well I learned something puzzling from you today.  I do have the download manager icon on the nabvar as shown.  But I found that with a clean install it isnot there.  But in my usual installation it is.  Further, if I log out of Passport in my normal installation, it's not there.

I'm not about to touch anything to make it go away.  But it really is curious.

Somehow something that should be a skin feather has been ssved to Passport, but doesn't come back to a clean inddtall.  Really strange.

So you are right, there is no icon on the navbar in 4.9.  But it doesn't matter anyway because DM gets called automatically when needed and is availasble from Main Mnu and the Sidebar.

I dopn't know if this is one of those features due to return sometime in the future or not.  

EDIT: Mystery solved. I am running routinely with tabs under the address bar.  When tabs are und3er, the dowload manager icon appears next to the Main Menu icon; but when the tabs arel on top as in a clean insstall, the DM icon is not present.

You have the tabs on top; I run with tabs under.  

So you can switch tabs to under in the Skin Center or you can wait to see if it com3es back to tabd on top.

 

                                        <<SL>>

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see what you mean by the tabs are below,I'll just wait it out till the official version gets released and things will be better and more stuff fixed up,It takes time with these newer Beta releases,Ive been testing Vivaldi beta browser out in the meantime also,It has a lot of cool settings in it to rearrange the browser how you want it to look with the tabs and placements of other things,you can even add background images and doctor it up how you like it,pretty much every setting can be changed almost 

 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2016/3/26 下午10:50:07, THRASHER69 said:

I finally started using the Beta version 4.9.2.400 and Its much better than 4.9.1.1000 but just like before the Download Manager doesnt always open and run,it does sometimes if I update flash or shockwave but thats about it,thats the reason I went back to 4.4.8.1000 when the first Beta release came out,and why is the Download Manager hidden in Settings now and not near the Quick Tools like before ? lol Ole' reliable Maxthon is really putting out some shotty and sloppy releases with these Betas having so many bugs and glitches

The download manager may be added in the quick bar again later~ 

Now you can use the button of download manager in the left sidebar. It's also quick~

Very happy you like it 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.