Chantao

Maxthon Cloud Browser 5.2.3.3000

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

You can already find him on the internet, where is he in the forum?

 

"Maxthon Cloud Browser for Windows uses a unique, innovative dual-core design that uses both Webkit and Trident. Fast and efficient, our dual-core design displays all web pages quickly and reliably. With its first-place HTML 5 support and ‘out of the box’ features you can‘t get anywhere else, Maxthon Cloud Browser for Windows frees people to share and send files among different devices and platforms, easily.

Maxthon 5.2.3.3000 changelog:

  • Fixed the issue of can’t use drop down menu under special cases

  • Fixed the issue of UI and freeze when switching window size

  • Fixed the issue of the hidden taskbar can’t be arouse when maximum

  • Fixed the issue of UI displayed abnormally when switching taskbar on win10

  • Fixed the issue of the entered download link in address bar displayed abnormally

  • Fixed the issue of where secondary screen position cannot be recorded when there are dual monitors"

 

 

 Download here http://de.maxthon.com/mx5/mobile/?t=pc&m=main&p=1

Really much faster than Firefox Quantum (I love the gestures on board without addon or extension)

 

Edited by Chantao
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

Sorry Tony your link is to 5.2.3.2000

how odd - worked for me - i am running 3000 now from that link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Sorry Tony your link is to 5.2.3.2000

Links for 5.2.3.3000 are 

Portable http://www.maxthon.com/mx5/mobile/?t=portable&m=main

Exe. http://www.maxthon.com/mx5/mobile?t=pc&m=main&p=1

The page that your link goes to only talks about iPod and iPad plus Android. But the file that I downloaded is mx5.2.3.3000.exe which is the same as the desktop version would be. Do you know if this version is only for mobile devices or will it also work on a Win 10 desktop and Win10 tablet? Just curious and can wait for an official release, either internal or public, if it's not for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can access all the releases from the main page: http://www.maxthon.com/mx5/

Just click the download button.

No need for any random direct links or otherwise.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, zork said:

Your link is an international forum (not even Chinese), not the main site. All links are published first there. The changeling for 3000 build is also available - http://www.maxthon.com/mx5/changelog/

So there are multiple points on maxthon web page where you can aquire news about new versions? On my link you can not only see changes but download new version.

What is the point to have release notes page with missing release? Eithere you update everything or you don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, projektilski said:

What is the point to have release notes page with missing release? Eithere you update everything or you don't.

Are you kidding? You can download latest release. 

 

On 6/16/2018 at 5:32 AM, 7twenty said:

You can access all the releases from the main page: http://www.maxthon.com/mx5/

Just click the download button.

No need for any random direct links or otherwise.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, projektilski said:

What is the point to have release notes page with missing release? Eithere you update everything or you don't.

I'm the first person to complain about things like this. I agree, if there's something in place that should be updated, then it should get updated as required, not just on a whim.

But as has been mentioned, this isn't the first or only place to get new releases - the main maxthon.com page is, which has dedicated pages for a changelog and downloads.

The post here announcing the latest release also noted they were away... why it was updated on maxthon.com but not here isn't explained, but i'm guessing different people deal with both.

Regardless, at worst you find out about the new release a few days later if you only visit here, or at best you have to visit maxthon.com and download from there instead of here. Either way, i don't think it's an issue of epic proportions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

I'm the first person to complain about things like this. I agree, if there's something in place that should be updated, then it should get updated as required, not just on a whim.

But as has been mentioned, this isn't the first or only place to get new releases - the main maxthon.com page is, which has dedicated pages for a changelog and downloads.

The post here announcing the latest release also noted they were away... why it was updated on maxthon.com but not here isn't explained, but i'm guessing different people deal with both.

Regardless, at worst you find out about the new release a few days later if you only visit here, or at best you have to visit maxthon.com and download from there instead of here. Either way, i don't think it's an issue of epic proportions...

You are aware that main page usually has older versions? I switched from main page to maxthon realese page because it had latest official and beta versions. The fact that they relase offical versions that are older then latest betas is also something to think about.

Also, I use Maxthon on multiple PCs. This one from which I'm writing few min ago had 5.2.3.1000 and I checked (just for fun) if there is new version from insides Maxthons built in menu About which automatically checks for new version and guess what, it said my Maxthon is up to date. Well, the fact it is two versions behind is not something Maxthon team should be proud of.

7 hours ago, zork said:

Are you kidding? You can download latest release. 

No I'm not kidding. Main page usually has older versions. Release page has offical and betas WITH release notes. I didn't put a random page, I put a realase page from Maxthons own domain.

You missed my point completly. IF you have a release page than it should be updated properly otherwise it is pointless.

Edited by projektilski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, projektilski said:

The fact that they relase offical versions that are older then latest betas is also something to think about.

Ummm, no it's not? Most developers run a main and beta branch (at least) and update both depending on a number of factors.

For example, Microsoft constantly updates Windows 10 mainstream releases for up to 18 months. During this time there will be 3 major versions released. At the same time there is constant development up to 3 versions ahead (insider ring) while they're still updating the oldest one.

Not everyone wants to be on the cutting edge, so fixes & updates to the latest "official" versions ensure those users still get any fixes that require attention.

7 hours ago, projektilski said:

I checked (just for fun) if there is new version from insides Maxthons built in menu About which automatically checks for new version and guess what, it said my Maxthon is up to date. Well, the fact it is two versions behind is not something Maxthon team should be proud of.

Not a new issue, been going on since forever. And apparently it's by design that they don't release all new versions via the auto-update option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Ummm, no it's not? Most developers run a main and beta branch (at least) and update both depending on a number of factors.

For example, Microsoft constantly updates Windows 10 mainstream releases for up to 18 months. During this time there will be 3 major versions released. At the same time there is constant development up to 3 versions ahead (insider ring) while they're still updating the oldest one.

Not everyone wants to be on the cutting edge, so fixes & updates to the latest "official" versions ensure those users still get any fixes that require attention.

Not a new issue, been going on since forever. And apparently it's by design that they don't release all new versions via the auto-update option.

For the first point I kind of agree with you. However Windows OS is much complicated than then a browser. For such small software I have never seen such behaviour.

For the second point, even if its by design it is simply wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for post here..We went business trip last week. It was not convenient to publish a post on forum timely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 10:57 AM, BugSir006 said:

We went business trip last week.

A trip to the developers of the Vivaldi browser for sharing experiences? :Wink_Emoji_42x42:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Switching tabs does not work very good in this version. often mouse clicks are not registered when clicking on tabs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites