Saitoukuni

Words missing on some websites

18 posts in this topic

Hi,

Sorry if the problem has already been signaled but I don't get any result after a quick search on this forum...

On some websites, some words are missing. This happens only in Ultra Mode. The problem was already present in Mx 4.4.3.4000 and probably also previous versions. You can test it on http://www.ruru-berryz.com/patch-4-0/ for example.

11717

Thanks

post-13633737-14315123986128_thumb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem here.

Did you try to perform clean Maxthon installation?

Try also to reset your font in Maxthon settings under Advanced tab.

post-765686-14315123986918_thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did just perform a clean install and tried to reset the font. This is what I have now in the Mx settings 11721

However, the problem persists.

I also tried to disable extensions and AdBlocks, but it has no effect.

post-13633737-14315123994815_thumb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saitoukuni replied at 2015-2-6 23:17 back.gif

I did just perform a clean install and tried to reset the font. This is what I have now in the Mx se ...

Try to change Default encoding/ Encodage par defaut to another one - for example to "Western".

You can try also log out from your Maxthon Passport and try again with this problematic website.

Another option is : download portable version ,unzip it, don't log in to MX Passport, don't change anything in settings and run this website once more time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

magg replied at 2015-2-6 18:27 back.gif

Try to change Default encoding/ Encodage par defaut to another one - for example to "Western".

You ...

My default encoding is set to UTF-8 and I don't have the problem he is experiencing. And my install was installed over previous 3 installs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No.1MaxthonFan replied at 2015-2-7 03:06 back.gif

My default encoding is set to UTF-8 and I don't have the problem he is experiencing. And my insta ...

words are missing here too ( utf-8 ), other encodings display wrong characters and are unusuable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm weird, I could swear I already posted in this thread?

Works fine here.

Webpage font : Default

Default encoding : Western ISO-8859-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried changing the encoding to ISO-8859-1, but then some characters are displayed wrong. Portable version does not help either.

I'm also from France if this can help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem is in relation with this :

11745

If I disable, text appears

11744

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice Oliver One, it is a missing Open Sans Font probably in %SystemRoot%\Fonts\ directory.:o

11746

post-25-14315124018893_thumb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well! Under Win 7 with "Open Sans" added, display it's good.:) But why other OS, without "Open Sans" don't have the problem?:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FTR I don't have Open Sans on my system and it works fine.

But the whole point of "Open Sans, Arial, sans serif" in the CSS is so it has fallback fonts to use. In my case Open Sans isn't available, so the page is probably using Arial which I do. If that wasn't available it would the default sans serif font.

And what's more it's obviously using a font as the rest of the page is rendering properly. I'm not sure it's directly font related as such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After installing the font, it works properly.

However, even when the font is not yet installed on your system, it is downloaded by the browser when the page is being loaded. There is maybe a problem when executing the related CSS rules...

11747

If that node is deleted, the text appears properly even if the font is missing.

post-13633737-14315124019152_thumb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What remains strange is that the problem is only with Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit)!:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed 'open sans' font and it solved the problem. 

 

Thx  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites