MX5 Official Release 5.0.2.1000 (Updated)

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi everyone,

Here is an update for MX5 version 5.0.2.1000.

In this version, 

we fixed some bugs on language

Also, a new language is added: Portuguese (Brazil)

The install information in its release note has been updated, check it out! :wink:

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/release-notes5/

thank you ! but why do you give it the same name ? IMO it's confusing..

for minor revisions like this one you could name it 5.0.2.1001... or 5.0.2.1000 revision a

sigmax2.png

4 minutes ago, -ody- said:

thank you ! but why do you give it the same name ? IMO it's confusing..

for minor revisions like this one you could name it 5.0.2.1001... or 5.0.2.1000 revision a

Yes, it's a little bit confusing. Since there are few changes, so we just continue to use the same version. And give an announcement for the new language updates. ;P

Hi!

Why after every update Maxthon remove languages in Locales folder and put only languages that are in the installation? Now i need after every update to copy my (Bulgarian) language file. The installation must replace existing languages if they have an update and keep other files. Please, correct this!

8 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi martinstz, 

Sorry that I don't quite understand what's your request.

But as far as I know, we currently do not support Bulgarian language, so did you create the language file yourself and add it to the installation file?

Hi BigSir006,

Until a few versions Bulgarian was supported, but now not. I downloaded Bulgarian language from here: http://forum.maxthon.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=16187

And you can see here: http://forum.maxthon.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=16170

, where are all Locales for v5.0.2.900 and there is Bulgarian, but there is not a correctly translated. In previous link is the correct!

Now i put manually Bulgarian language in Locales folder, but every update removed him. I think that this is not correct. The update should not remove anything from folder, he should only UPDATE!

On 2017/1/6 at 3:47 AM, martinstz said:

Now i put manually Bulgarian language in Locales folder, but every update removed him. I think that this is not correct. The update should not remove anything from folder, he should only UPDATE!

I understand your trouble now. For every new version, you have to add the file into the folder manually, that's truly annoying.

However, technically speaking, these versions are not updated from the previous ones on your device. They are new installs. 

But I suppose there are many users are in the same situation as your, so I'll tell our product manager to come out a method to deal with your trouble.

Thanks again for your feedback! Have a nice day ;)

On 2017/1/7 at 6:31 PM, ElectroSelf said:

DO SOMETHING ABOUT SKINNING 5.XX VERSION!!!

I'M SICK OF THIS PALE BLUE WC-PLATE LOOK!!!

Hi ElectroSelf, here are some skins created my members in our forum.

Our designers are busy working on skins and themes now. It will take some time for us to officially release it. Please be patient and stay tuned.  ;)

Hope you a nice day!

On 2017/1/9 at 7:42 PM, ElectroSelf said:

None of these skins applies. Flick while start and retur to default.

Hi, sorry that they can be applies to your version now. As 7twenty said, they were made for some specific versions, and may not work for newer ones.

But don't worry, our designers are working on them now. 

And also, if you are able to make skins or extensions for us, please do not hesitate to share :)

Skinning's my third name. But Maxthon (pity!) don't has open & understandable script/engine like SkinStudio or XWidget Creator. Moreover, thanks new Microsoft stupid idea with flat-square-picto, MX5 goes on worst way ; simple interface NOT MEANS usability and functionality. So, staying hope that MX-Team fix this part of my favourite browser (from MyIE times)...

1 hour ago, ElectroSelf said:

don't has open & understandable script/engine

It's HTML/CSS. If you understand that then it's pretty simple. And given the world revolves around the internet, it's probably the best way to go.

Seems you might want a more "drag'n'drop" style of creator of which there isn't one available.

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

But don't worry, our designers are working on them now. 

is there any time frame on this - its not rocket science i would have hoped we might have seen something by now the length of time its been muted 

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

9 hours ago, Tony said:

its not rocket science

It might not be for creating a skin. But to implement a means to change and load it with the browser running might be closer to rocket science. That said, they had it working perfectly for MX3... so it does beg the question what changed that they had to drop support, and why is it taking so long to bring it back.

• 7twenty changed the title to MX5 Official Release 5.0.2.1000 (Updated)

Found more issues on this version:

- This website doesn't have a caret or anything to put text into, even though it should (try on Chrome):
https://romannurik.github.io/SlidesCodeHighlighter/

- On Youtube website, sometimes I see the download button on the floatbar, and sometimes just the "popup" alone. And when the download button exists, it never really offers to download the video of it.

- On Youtube website, when I choose to make the video float, clicking on the video doesn't respond like on the website (to pause, for example). If it's a general behavior for all websites (which is cool too), please provide a nicer UI for it. At least show the bottom bar upon clicking...

1 hour ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

- On Youtube website, sometimes I see the download button on the floatbar, and sometimes just the "popup" alone. And when the download button exists, it never really offers to download the video of it.

Links to videos that this happens on would be handy. HTML5 or Flash?

The download issue has been complained about by me for quite some time. They need to get their sniffer to work correctly with the (not) new (anymore) streaming videos.

5 hours ago, Arkanoidblue said:

Could you tell me, why when you go to google main page, it displays the following error.

Maxthon uses an older version of Blink which is being detected by the website. Until Maxthon update their core it will keep happening.

Click the x on the right side and it shouldn't come back, at least for a while.

Or you can add ##.gb_g to your ABP rules to have it blocked.

On 1/15/2017 at 2:05 AM, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

confirmed.

42 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

Click the x on the right side and it shouldn't come back, at least for a while.

Or you can add ##.gb_g to your ABP rules to have it blocked.

Yes, what 7twenty said is right, and our developers are upgrading our core now, it will take some more time. 

So please try this suggestion, it works well.

On 1/15/2017 at 9:52 PM, 7twenty said:

Links to videos that this happens on would be handy. HTML5 or Flash?

The download issue has been complained about by me for quite some time. They need to get their sniffer to work correctly with the (not) new (anymore) streaming videos.

No idea. It sometimes happened. I tried now to visit one, and I did see the "download" button (though again, it's useless anyway).

Found another problematic website :
http://romannurik.github.io/AndroidAssetStudio/icons-generic.html#source.type=clipart&source.clipart=ac_unit&source.space.trim=1&source.space.pad=0&size=32&padding=8&color=rgb(255%2C%2087%2C%2034)&name=ic_ac_unit

It doesn't generate or preview the chosen image at all.

On 1/15/2017 at 2:05 AM, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

make sure you always enable resource sniffer in setting-addon-utility?

20 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

make sure you always enable resource sniffer in setting-addon-utility?

Now I get it, but why should it be this way?
The popup button is so lonely, and having a "download" button is (supposed to be) very useful as it shows exactly what you are about to download...

Speaking of the resource sniffer, it fails to sniff many things. Example is this video (talks about fuel) :
http://hot.ynet.co.il/home/0,7340,L-12997,00.html

As opposed to FF addon which does allow to download this video (given that flash is installed) :
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/

• BugSir006 unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 8.01.2017 г. at 5:18 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi,

even if you are not "pushing" and update and no pop-ups are displayed, when someone goes to About, the browser checks for a new version and if there is a new one, like in this case 5.0.2.2000, it shouldn't say "Your browser is up to date". Even if there is no link to the update, it should at least say that there is a newer version available (and it would be very easy to give the version number).

Since 5.0.2.2000 is supposed to be a "final release", I don't think the "beta" issue applies here. I don't see a "check for beta versions" check box in the settings.

Please note that this problem is not something new, so it is obviously something you designed this way on purpose or continue to ignore. Please give us some more info on the topic.

MaxthonSnap20170317185946.png

1 hour ago, Dragoncho said:

Hi,

even if you are not "pushing" and update and no pop-ups are displayed, when someone goes to About, the browser checks for a new version and if there is a new one, like in this case 5.0.2.2000, it shouldn't say "Your browser is up to date". Even if there is no link to the update, it should at least say that there is a newer version available (and it would be very easy to give the version number).

Since 5.0.2.2000 is supposed to be a "final release", I don't think the "beta" issue applies here. I don't see a "check for beta versions" check box in the settings.

Please note that this problem is not something new, so it is obviously something you designed this way on purpose or continue to ignore. Please give us some more info on the topic.

It was indeed designed this way so that even final versions can be tested before being released to the public. That is not to say your suggestions don't have merit. I'd like to see options to install both untested finals and beta versions. Nice compromise in my opinion.

An option to enroll as a "tester" should unlock the possibility to upgrade to either non-public final or beta, then.

However I don't see the point of marking a version as final, if it still needs testing. This, of course, is a topic for software development, but if you need it this way, then make every version introducing new features an "alpha" as a testing version, a bug-check version a "beta" (corresponding to the untested final now) and a stable version for public release will then be the final. It would be somewhat like the Debian releases, but I believe that not introducing new features in the beta would be of great benefit for stability.

Archived