×

Give a tip

Split screen problem Windows 10


Recommended Posts

I'm getting an issue when dragging MX5 v5.0.1.1700 to one side of the windows desktop and then dragging another program to the other side of the desktop. This initiates windows own split screen where you can have up to 4 different apps open at once in a split or quad pattern. In the MX5 screen, when it runs out of space for the tabs it starts adding extra tabs into one single tab with a drop down arrow. When I select the drop arrow and choose one of the tabs in the list it doesn't always open. The link for the page appears in the address bar but the screen itself doesn't update to show the new selected tab. Also maximising the screen shows the tabs that were in that drop down group but often they can't be selected. The tab can be clicked on but the screen doesn't update. Also if I open new tabs after maximising MX5 from the split/quad screen state the new tab can't be clicked on.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JasPunjabi said:

I think split screen has many other issues as well but, seems like no one really care about this! 

You had only posted about Split Screen being missing, now it's back, so what is your problem?

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

You had only posted about Split Screen being missing, now it's back, so what is your problem?

OP isn't referring to Maxthon split window but how drop down menu items are inaccessible when Maxthon is docked to an edge of a monitor. 

FWIW, I was unable to replicate using M5.0.1.1800 on win10b14946. All tabs were accessible when docked or when Maxthon is resized.

Split window.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Paul Corfield said:

I'm getting an issue when dragging MX5 v5.0.1.1700 to one side of the windows desktop and then dragging another program to the other side of the desktop. This initiates windows own split screen where you can have up to 4 different apps open at once in a split or quad pattern. In the MX5 screen, when it runs out of space for the tabs it starts adding extra tabs into one single tab with a drop down arrow. When I select the drop arrow and choose one of the tabs in the list it doesn't always open. The link for the page appears in the address bar but the screen itself doesn't update to show the new selected tab. Also maximising the screen shows the tabs that were in that drop down group but often they can't be selected. The tab can be clicked on but the screen doesn't update. Also if I open new tabs after maximising MX5 from the split/quad screen state the new tab can't be clicked on.

Hi Paul, I was trying to reproduce the bug you reported here. While cannot do it successfully. Every time, the page just showed correctly.

So could you do me a favor and record a little short video for me?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's a screen grab, not sure how to do a video. In the screen grab I have selected the behance website from the drop down list and the icon on the tab shows this but the page showing is the previous selected one from Vimeo. MX5 is docked into the corner of the windows desktop although I found just now that it doesn't have to be docked to cause the problem, MX5 just has to be in a small screen . I open enough tabs from my quick access to get at least one or more added to the drop down list. Then I select one from the drop down list and it loads fine but the icon on the tab is still showing the previous selected page. From then on, whatever tabs I select on the drop down list will not show although their icons show in the actual tab. So the tab icon changes but the corresponding page doesn't load up.

 MaxthonSnap20161017092446.jpg

 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/17/2016 at 4:50 PM, Paul Corfield said:

Then I select one from the drop down list and it loads fine but the icon on the tab is still showing the previous selected page. From then on, whatever tabs I select on the drop down list will not show although their icons show in the actual tab. So the tab icon changes but the corresponding page doesn't load up.

Hi Paul, thanks for your detailed explanation, it's quite helpful. We've confirmed it as a bug and our developers are trying to fix it now.

Thanks for your reporting!

Have a nice day :1f609:

 

Hi Paul, in our latest beta version 5.0.1.1900, this bug has been fixed. So you are so welcome to upgrade your browser to the latest one.

It is available on our official website: http://www.maxthon.com/beta/

Have a nice day.

Feel free to contact us and post in forum whenever you need help.:1f60a:

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 0:16 PM, No.1MaxthonFan said:

You had only posted about Split Screen being missing, now it's back, so what is your problem?

Read all my posts clearly and then you would know what is the problem!  .......... and stop answering some one if you have no idea what is the other person is asking for ....... let the browser tech team handle the issues ......... i think because of the middle guys (as you are) this browser has degraded.  

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JasPunjabi said:

 ......... i think because of the middle guys (as you are) this browser has degraded.  

Forum is not intended for this to offend others. If you have any objections to the No.1MaxthonFan, you write it with the culture or in private messages.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2016 at 10:15 PM, JasPunjabi said:

I think split screen has many other issues as well but, seems like no one really care about this! 

Hi LasPunjabi, thank you for posting. And please specify what are the "many other issues", so that we can try to help.

Have a nice day. :1f60a:

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.