Maxthon PC 7.1.9.4200 beta

BugSir009

Have installed this beta, and I always do a fresh install with the beta versions without keeping any data to eliminate any potential new vs old problems.

When I turn on the slider for the Free VPN, it says "Successfully enabled", but when I click on OK, the slider is still off and the VPN is not in the extensions. I looked in Manage Extensions to be sure, and it's not there. I have the Bright VPN program installed and running from the desktop, so that is not the problem.

Clipboard_06-11-2024_02.png

Clipboard_06-11-2024_03.png

Minor cosmetic problem, but it's still a bad look for Maxthon.

Clipboard_06-11-2024_01.png

Another tiny issue, but why does the default page after a new install say MX6?

Clipboard_06-11-2024_04.png

1 hour ago, new user said:

Have installed this beta, and I always do a fresh install with the beta versions without keeping any data to eliminate any potential new vs old problems.

When I turn on the slider for the Free VPN, it says "Successfully enabled", but when I click on OK, the slider is still off and the VPN is not in the extensions. I looked in Manage Extensions to be sure, and it's not there. I have the Bright VPN program installed and running from the desktop, so that is not the problem.

Clipboard_06-11-2024_02.png

Clipboard_06-11-2024_03.png

Minor cosmetic problem, but it's still a bad look for Maxthon.

Clipboard_06-11-2024_01.png

Another tiny issue, but why does the default page after a new install say MX6?

Clipboard_06-11-2024_04.png

Hi new user, do you already have BrightVPN installed when you download and install this new version? Could you try uninstalling BrightVPN and install it again and see if this issue persist?

14 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi new user, do you already have BrightVPN installed when you download and install this new version? Could you try uninstalling BrightVPN and install it again and see if this issue persist?

Thank you. I uninstalled the Bright VPN from Windows and then I could add the extension to Maxthon, (and it did the re-installed of the VPN too).

As an alternative, I found that I could get the extension direct from the Chrome store, without having to do the uninstall first.

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/bright-vpn-secure-private/fbffombkfihfokifmkihbddiafipndnb

• Like 1