Maxthon PC 7.1.7.9000 beta

BugSir009

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!
Manually installed 7.1.7.9000 - wasn't prompted about update & said was up-to-date before - didn't restart after finishing & when manually started, had white screen for quite a while.
Also didn't offer to create a shortcut on taskbar.

Then went to check version & said need to restart to apply(!), did & now upgraded to 7.1.7.6001.

The "Follow Twitter/X" text should be changed to "Follow on X (Twitter)" as it's not been called Twitter for quite some time!

image.png.a04a6ce2b4b03a74758ed6596929f58f.png

When the info page is displayed after an upgrade, the 'bird' logo isn't correct for "X" as that's the old one for "Twitter", which is no more.

image.png.bcb9b71c5f8515298a3a3d2c23eceaed.png

For me, the video download feature has never worked

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 12:06 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi pedrofv8, please try this test version and see if syncing of bookmarks work.

maxthon_7.1.8.7400_alpha_x64(1).exe 100.75 MB · 1 download

Hi BugSir, I tried this version attached and something strange happened: when i sync, it says it was successfully synced, but no bookmark apears. It looks like the syncing process just ignored the bookmark step. Log file below

20240314.log

4 hours ago, pedrofv8 said:

Hi BugSir, I tried this version attached and something strange happened: when i sync, it says it was successfully synced, but no bookmark apears. It looks like the syncing process just ignored the bookmark step. Log file below

20240314.log 256.93 kB · 0 downloads

Hi pedrofv8, there's some issue with the syncing earlier on. Could you help to restart the browser and try the syncing process again?

16 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi pedrofv8, there's some issue with the syncing earlier on. Could you help to restart the browser and try the syncing process again?

I've tryed to restart everything, maxthon, windows itself, still nothing has changed. Log file attached

20240315.log