×

Give a tip

Importing data from portable version


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, TheWhippinpost said:

I still have MX5 installed but use MX6 portable (V. 6.1.3.2020). Is it possible to import from the portable version to the latest MX portable version, and not MX5?

That is, can I select which to import from?

 

Hi TheWhippinpost, you could update to the latest version V6.2.0.2400 and no importing is required. You can go under Settings < About Maxthon < click Update button

image.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi TheWhippinpost, you could update to the latest version V6.2.0.2400 and no importing is required. You can go under Settings < About Maxthon < click Update button

image.png

Thank you, but which of my Maxthon installations does it import data from? I want it to import from my MX6 portable; not my MX5 desktop install.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheWhippinpost said:

Thank you, but which of my Maxthon installations does it import data from? I want it to import from my MX6 portable; not my MX5 desktop install.

Hi TheWhippinpost, if you update portable MX6 version, it will not import the data from MX5.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2022 at 9:38 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi TheWhippinpost, if you update portable MX6 version, it will not import the data from MX5.

Thank you, this appears to have worked well. Is there a way to import the "Last session" URLs too?

Edited by TheWhippinpost
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2022 at 12:20 AM, TheWhippinpost said:

Thank you, this appears to have worked well. Is there a way to import the "Last session" URLs too?

Hi The Whippinpost, did you update to the latest MX6 portable version and lost your Last session URLs? Or where do you intend to import the URLs from?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi The Whippinpost, did you update to the latest MX6 portable version and lost your Last session URLs? Or where do you intend to import the URLs from?

Yes, updated to latest version. Trying to import Last session URLs from previous MX6 portable.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, TheWhippinpost said:

Yes, updated to latest version. Trying to import Last session URLs from previous MX6 portable.

Hi TheWhippinpost, you mean you updated the browser automatically and the Last Session was lost?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TheWhippinpost said:

I downloaded MX portable, ran it, signed-in and it updated; if that's what you mean by automatic. Didn't import Last Session though.

Hi TheWhippinpost, the last session data could not sync with the browser account.

For example, you used the portable version 6.2.0.2300 and checked the auto-update in About, and it updated automatically, you could find the Last session in the latest version, and it won't lose.

If you download a fresh new portable version and log in to your browser account, the Last session data won't display. Because it could not sync to your browser account.

So we recommend you use the auto-update function.

Maxthon Snap20221122103845.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi TheWhippinpost, the last session data could not sync with the browser account.

For example, you used the portable version 6.2.0.2300 and checked the auto-update in About, and it updated automatically, you could find the Last session in the latest version, and it won't lose.

If you download a fresh new portable version and log in to your browser account, the Last session data won't display. Because it could not sync to your browser account.

So we recommend you use the auto-update function.

Maxthon Snap20221122103845.png

Thank you. I don't have automatic updates enabled because a previous update some time ago lost my data, which was very painful.

I have to say, the last few updates have been good, however (apart from this last session issue); but once bitten, twice shy.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, TheWhippinpost said:

Thank you. I don't have automatic updates enabled because a previous update some time ago lost my data, which was very painful.

I have to say, the last few updates have been good, however (apart from this last session issue); but once bitten, twice shy.

Hi TheWhippinpost, the Last session data could not sync to the browser account, so you could copy the folder "User Data" from your previous browser and paste it to your new portable version.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share