some bugs/suggestions

Hi users/developers .I'm listing a few things below.Some can be considered as a wishlist,while some, I think are bugs:

• Click on clear browsing data and select all (maybe except addres bar history).And now close maxthon.If it has some history,it will definately freeze and sometimes crash.
  • Click on ctry F and type some keywords.Than close that search window.Open again.Now the keyword is gone.You have to retype.As far as I now,every browser keeps keyword in ctrl F search windows.It is not being deleted upon closing search window.
  • RAM usage should be optimized.If open multiple tabs,RAM easily hits 2GB.Just test it (web sites are not important,just open 7-10 pages) and compare it with other browsers including MAXTHON's previous versions before 4.9 series.
  • Soem smileys wont show up: (MAxthon forum didnt allow me to show it here. soe please have a look the smileys at the end of title " Beautiful dance of the Earth and Venus around the sun  " link: https://www.facebook.com/brightside/videos/893000730828671)

Thanks guys

3 hours ago, BugSir007 said:

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

May we know the version of Maxthon you are having all these problems with?

Dear Bugsir007, 1 and 3 occur with Maxthon 4.9.x whereas 2 and 4 occur with every version of Maxthon.

regards...

• 1 month later...
On 14/4/2016 at 5:15 AM, MAXSHARK said:

As far as I now,every browser keeps keyword in ctrl F search windows.It is not being deleted upon closing search window.

Opera doesn't in my testing. But a good point nonetheless. Would be nice to have the find bar stay over different tabs as well. Took forever to come back to mx4.4, then 4.9 came out and it got dropped again.

On 14/4/2016 at 5:15 AM, MAXSHARK said:

Click on clear browsing data and select all (maybe except addres bar history).And now close maxthon.If it has some history,it will definately freeze and sometimes crash.

Can't confirm. Tried using 4.9.3.500 multiple times and no issues.

Archived