[bug] maxthon and tactil screen

Sai

hi,

i recently bought a surface pro 4. i immediatly installed maxthon v4,9.xxx. i noticed that the tactil capacities of the screen are not available in maxthon. 

everything works well, until i open a link. then, no more tactil screen in maxthon. but just in maxthon!!

is it a known bug?

thanks.

40 minutes ago, PHYR said:

Tactile is not touch, it is feedback from touch.

Good point, but having read so many posts here with not so good english at times, you sometimes tend to read around what is actually written.

Does any screen actually offer tactile feedback? Apparently the windows button on the surface does, not the actual screen, after a quick search.

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

Good point, but having read so many posts here with not so good english at times, you sometimes tend to read around what is actually written.

Does any screen actually offer tactile feedback? Apparently the windows button on the surface does, not the actual screen, after a quick search.

No, I think it is my understanding that is flawed. Tactile does indeed mean touch and is not the feedback from it, that would be haptic. And yeah, the screen doesn't actually give the feedback but rather triggers it.

Ok...

Sorry, I didn't use the right terms... translation from french was a bad friend ^^

It's the touch function that does not work anymore since I open a link. the hability to use my fingers instead of a mouse to be clearer ^^

It works well with V 4.4.xx, but with V 4.9.xx it doesn't. If I stay on start page, no problem. I can scroll with my finger. After I open a link, I can't do anything in the page with my finger, no response. One strange point is that I can still select another tab with the finger... So the "header" of maxthon still work, but not the internet page.

Navigation with the mouse or touchpad is OK.

And I've got no problem at all with Firefox, or Edge, or Chrome.

17 minutes ago, Sai said:

Ok...

Sorry, I didn't use the right terms... translation from french was a bad friend ^^

It's the touch function that does not work anymore since I open a link. the hability to use my fingers instead of a mouse to be clearer ^^

It works well with V 4.4.xx, but with V 4.9.xx it doesn't. If I stay on start page, no problem. I can scroll with my finger. After I open a link, I can't do anything in the page with my finger, no response. One strange point is that I can still select another tab with the finger... So the "header" of maxthon still work, but not the internet page.

I have a Surface Pro 3 with 4.9.0.3000 and don't have any problem with touch on my machine.  All sites work as expected with touch.  Opening tabs from Favorites or from a link on  a page work just fine as far as scrolling, etc.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

11 hours ago, Sai said:

Ok...

Thanks for more detailed information.

We tried here on our touch screen machine and everything works as expected.

Please perform a clean install of the browser and give it a try again.

Archived