MagicFill - How to switch accounts on same website

I have a couple different accounts on a certain website and I have the login information (username and password) recorded iin MagicFill.

But MagicFill seems to supply ONLY the username and password corresponding to the last successful login on the site.

How is it possible to force MagcFill to change which account it will log into?  I still have need to access the site through both accounts.

I have tried double-clicking on the various MagicFill data elements, but the URL is the same for both accounts.

Is this even possible?  If not, why isn't it possible?  This seems like a useful feature to have in MagicFill to make it more useful.

BTW, I did searches in the Forum too but came up empty.

<<SL>>

Hi Snow,

Thanks for your question. You can open the page you want to log in. Double click on passport name and find the correspond name of it.And then you can find it in a drop down menu.Here is the example that I tried in facebook.

I tried that, but the dialog is one presented by Maxthon 4 not the website and it doesn't display a drop-down list.  So it may work on FB's login screen, but not on others.

Thanks for the suggestion.

<<SL>>

HI Snow,

If you have logged in with the account on the correspond page, it will be saved in magic fill automaticlly. Here it works for my Chinese account as well. I am using the latest version 4.4.5.3000 which you can download here.http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/15475-maxthon-cloud-browser-for-windows-v4453000-officially-released/Would you please provide us the specific link? More information would be help.

post-175194-0-99415100-1436407288_thumb.

it's that kind of connection window?

attachicon.gifLogin.png

Yes, that is the dialog window I see presented.  I believe it is presented from Maxthon rather than the website.  It is different from the dialog presented by the Forum or Google or Facebook which have their own login form.  Am I wrong about the source of the dialog?

<<SL>

HI Snow,

If you have logged in with the account on the correspond page, it will be saved in magic fill automaticlly. Here it works for my Chinese account as well. I am using the latest version 4.4.5.3000 which you can download here.http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/15475-maxthon-cloud-browser-for-windows-v4453000-officially-released/Would you please provide us the specific link? More information would be help.

See my responnse in PM.   <<SL>>

Did you mean to login with multiple accounts at one site?

It not posible with multiple tabs at one window open but you can play arround with multiple windows feature.

• Login with 1 account only, simply use normal window.
  • 2 accounts and login at the same site -> use 1st account to login at normal window than click menu to open new private windows (incognito) and login your 2nd account there.
  • 3 accounts and login at the same site -> Just repeat step no 2 then click menu to open new session windows and login your 3rd account there.
  • 4 accounts and login at the same site -> repeat again step no 3 then click menu to open again a new session window and login your 4th account there.
  • 5 accounts and more, do the same thing like on step no 4, etc.

* I have tried with 2 accounts this day, it's work on this forum and old mx forum but I don't think it will work for all site, i haven't tried it yet.

No, just follow this little exemple :

- Go to http://www.maxthon-fr.com/gallerie/

- There are two username/password : test/test and maxthon/maxthon

- Type the 1st login and check 'Save password' to save it in MagicFill. Close maxthon or open new session.

- Type the 2nd login and check 'Save password' to save it in MagicFill. Close maxthon.

In MagicFill, there is no username/password saved. I think it's saved on IE side.

See ya, Ldfa.

maxthonfr.png ldfaforum.png getmaxthon.png

During on my trial error, Maxthon able to multi login with 2 demo accounts that you provide. The 1st account with normal window, the 2nd account with session window and the login data is also stored automatically by Magic Fill as in this screenshot.

post-431500-0-05210600-1436458696_thumb.

The bad news, I get the same experience as what SL posted before. It looks like Magic Fill doesn't work properly on login form that use .htaccess authentication. It just able to auto-fill login data from the last login session only.

The good news, we still can multi login by fill the login data manually and I think the other browser will also have the same behavior too.

Did you mean to login with multiple accounts at one site?

It not posible with multiple tabs at one window open but you can play arround with multiple windows feature.

• Login with 1 account only, simply use normal window.
  • 2 accounts and login at the same site -> use 1st account to login at normal window than click menu to open new private windows (incognito) and login your 2nd account there.
  • 3 accounts and login at the same site -> Just repeat step no 2 then click menu to open new session windows and login your 3rd account there.
  • 4 accounts and login at the same site -> repeat again step no 3 then click menu to open again a new session window and login your 4th account there.
  • 5 accounts and more, do the same thing like on step no 4, etc.

* I have tried with 2 accounts this day, it's work on this forum and old mx forum but I don't think it will work for all site, i haven't tried it yet.

Yes, multiple accounts at one site.  I tried your procedure and it does work, though MagicFill is no help.  .Have to enter the second account login info manually.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.  Problem has a workaround.  And I'm glad to see it escalated to the devs..  Maybe we can get MagicFill to provide a dropdown menu for duplicate URLs so we can choose the one to use.

<<SL>>

Hi guys,

Really sorry for your inconvenience.

These pop-up window works different from that in HTTP.

Magic fill will only fix those authorized by HTTP.

Thus, magic fill can not be applied in these pop-up window currently.

You can try software such as ftprush , filezilla.

It would be  more convenient than using it in a browser.

Hi guys,

Really sorry for your inconvenience.

These pop-up window works different from that in HTTP.

Magic fill will only fix those authorized by HTTP.

Thus, magic fill can not be applied in these pop-up window currently.

You can try software such as ftprush , filezilla.

It would be  more convenient than using it in a browser.

But it's not an ftp access, it's a web site access protected with HTTP Authentication using .htaccess.

post-9-0-54264200-1436513995_thumb.png

See ya, Ldfa.

maxthonfr.png ldfaforum.png getmaxthon.png

Hi!
There is another problem with the "Magic Fill" when you use it with alt q or right click context menu "Fill form" option!
Magic fill will use only the most recently saved account and you can't switch another (earlier saved) account,example,by alt q or right click context menu "Fill form" option.
Please add drop down menu event (as double left click) to alt q and c.m."Fill form" (or a context sub menu with the account list of the site)!
Regards,
nx

No, just follow this little exemple :

- There are two username/password : test/test and maxthon/maxthon

- Type the 1st login and check 'Save password' to save it in MagicFill. Close maxthon or open new session.

- Type the 2nd login and check 'Save password' to save it in MagicFill. Close maxthon.

In MagicFill, there is no username/password saved. I think it's saved on IE side.

If convenience is more important than security, simply open a new session and log in with some URL Alias mapped to   

ht tp://test:test@www.maxthon-fr.com/gallerie/  [remove space between ht tp] or   

ht tp://maxthon:maxthon@www.maxthon-fr.com/gallerie/

...but of course preferably with https (if supported). The format is   http or   ht tps://user:password@website.com/fullURL

Edit: And as we now understand you're talking about an ftp link, I'd suggest to try:

ftp://user:password@servername.com

...in both rendering engines. If that type of link works to log you in directly, then you can set a URL Alias for it (and the other account), or add them as a favorites to your Favorite Bar, items on the Maxthon Startup page, etc.

Archived