7twenty

pc issue White "flash" when switching tabs

6 posts in this topic

Anyone notice or have an issue where when switching tabs you get a flash of white before the new tab shows?

If you switch between two tabs that have recently been opened there's no problem. But switch to one that's been left open for a while then you see the problem.

Another way to check is quickly ctrl-tab through the tabs, you'll get white screens on any tabs that will cause the problem, while others will display the page properly.

The tab switching seems to be faster than previous releases where there seemed to be a delay after clicking a tab, but now the white flash is quite annoying.

Video attached.

There's only one evident white flash towards the start (at about 2secs into the video). Video has also been slowed down a little make it a little more evident. Although the other tab switches also showed it, i think the slow frame rate may have dropped those ones.

Will try and get a better one at some stage.

white flash.mkv

Same, sometimes after entering url or clicking on link and then quickly switching tab and then switching again to that tab which we entered url the page is blank. It shows back when we scroll. It happens sometimes, not at each time

Can't see it happening on my end.  Tried both of your examples and no "white page" when switching tabs.  Clean install of 5.1.0.1800 on Windows 10 Build 16226.

3 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Can't see it happening on my end.  Tried both of your examples and no "white page" when switching tabs.  Clean install of 5.1.0.1800 on Windows 10 Build 16226.

I see the issue after 10 or fifteen minutes of having opened theverge, engadget and gizmodo. Using right click wheel to switch tabs it is evident that the screen is white before seeing contents of the page.

6 hours ago, PHYR said:

I see the issue after 10 or fifteen minutes of having opened theverge, engadget and gizmodo. Using right click wheel to switch tabs it is evident that the screen is white before seeing contents of the page.

I'll try those 3 with the new Build 16232 and see if I can duplicate what you are seeing.

EDIT:  Have had those three sites open since posting the above and still have not been able to duplicate what you are seeing using either of your two methods.  Sorry.

I reproduced this issue on my end, will soon show it to our tester.