Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honza K.

winpc issue MX 5.0.1.3000 Address bar problem

16 posts in this topic

If I want to open page through address bar and type address, autocomplete kicks in and even though rest of address completes ok, hitting enter will open page, that appears first in a list below address bar. Made video so you can see what happens.. Noticed this in previous betas as well...

No selecting of result, no pressing of arrows etc. just typing part of address that correctly completes and hitting enter.

Must also note that I use Macaw skin, so may be related to that. Too lazy to go back to original, try and return :1f60e:

 

mx_statusbar.wmv

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Honza K,

thanks for the feedback but I cannot reproduce this issue. Let see if others also have this problem.

Here is what happens on my device. Please correct me if there is any operation error.

address bar.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Honza K,

thanks for the feedback but I cannot reproduce this issue. Let see if others also have this problem.

I did the same tests and did not have the problem either.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

I did the same tests and did not have the problem either.

Thank you Larry for testing. :1f60a:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Honza K. said:

Must also note that I use Macaw skin, so may be related to that. Too lazy to go back to original, try and return 

Until you test with the default skin it's hard to determine the cause. And as the replies above can't replicate the problem, it's up to you to narrow it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

Until you test with the default skin it's hard to determine the cause. And as the replies above can't replicate the problem, it's up to you to narrow it down.

I'm also using the Macaw skin and did not have the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for feedback.. Will try to narrow this down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have exactly the same issue. You can not reproduce it, because sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31. 10. 2016. at 7:45 PM, Honza K. said:

If I want to open page through address bar and type address, autocomplete kicks in and even though rest of address completes ok, hitting enter will open page, that appears first in a list below address bar. Made video so you can see what happens.. Noticed this in previous betas as well...

No selecting of result, no pressing of arrows etc. just typing part of address that correctly completes and hitting enter.

Must also note that I use Macaw skin, so may be related to that. Too lazy to go back to original, try and return :1f60e:

 

mx_statusbar.wmv

It happens to me also...

Not always,.. Sometimes when I want to opet fast some page, I start to typing address, autocomplete finish it, I press ENTER and Maxthon open other page, not that one in adress bar...

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2016 at 7:42 AM, ZunA said:

It happens to me also...

Not always,.. Sometimes when I want to opet fast some page, I start to typing address, autocomplete finish it, I press ENTER and Maxthon open other page, not that one in adress bar...

Hi ZunA,

Thanks for your feedback. So it sometimes happens to you when you type FAST.

I'll forward this additional information to our developers with the video together. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have similar problem. I'm opening a web page and it is still loading and I start typing new http address which in the middle of typing gets hijacked by refreshed address of current loading page. It happens all the time and then I have part of my address and part of loaded webpage and of course it does not load a new page with this incorrect address.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, projektilski said:

I have similar problem. I'm opening a web page and it is still loading and I start typing new http address which in the middle of typing gets hijacked by refreshed address of current loading page. It happens all the time and then I have part of my address and part of loaded webpage and of course it does not load a new page with this incorrect address.

Hi projektilski,

Thanks for this information, and if you can also give us a recorded gif or short video, that will be great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe, whatever it is, solution should be relatively simple... Just let autocomplete kick in in address bar and by hitting enter open what is already typed in address bar. DO not choose anything from roll down menu with links until user specifically select any of these options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2016 at 2:45 AM, Honza K. said:

Must also note that I use Macaw skin, so may be related to that.

Hi Honza K, does this issue also happen when you use the original skin?

If the answer is yes, could you record a video with the original skin?

And what about you two? Do you use the same skin or the original skin? @bayas @projektilski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using original skin and it is hard for me to reproduce the error because it just happens when I surf. I should be recording my surfing session to catch such problems. I'll try

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites