Crash on start

I think I have managed to open too many tabs and corrupt Maxthon, to the point it won't start.

I was browsing fairly normally but had many more tabs open than usual. Suddenly Maxthon crashed out and closed. It now refuses to open, crashing out again every time I try to launch the browser.

I've tried to reinstall 7.1.8.9600 over it in hope of a fix, but no luck.

If I need to uninstall and reinstall clean, is there a way of getting the list of open tab URLs out first?

Windows 11, x64, etc.

---

Edit

I just managed to gain access, discovering that I could open an Incognito Maxthon instance/window from right-clicking the pinned taskbar icon, and then once that was loaded, opening New > Window. It's now running again and boots as normal. Very odd behaviour in the meantime though.

I have this happened to me for past several versions, including beta and stable versions, I had roll back to 7.1.8.9000 and it updated to 7.1.8.9001 a day or two ago and still happened on both. It crahses right  away when opening and if you look at the task manager you can see many instances of Maxthon, some with high cpu usage. If you try opening maxthon a couple of times again, most of the time it starts. If you end task all the maxthon instances, it seems to crash 99% of the time when opening agian. 

On 5/18/2024 at 1:49 AM, AaronX said:

I think I have managed to open too many tabs and corrupt Maxthon, to the point it won't start.

I was browsing fairly normally but had many more tabs open than usual. Suddenly Maxthon crashed out and closed. It now refuses to open, crashing out again every time I try to launch the browser.

I've tried to reinstall 7.1.8.9600 over it in hope of a fix, but no luck.

If I need to uninstall and reinstall clean, is there a way of getting the list of open tab URLs out first?

Windows 11, x64, etc.

---

Edit

I just managed to gain access, discovering that I could open an Incognito Maxthon instance/window from right-clicking the pinned taskbar icon, and then once that was loaded, opening New > Window. It's now running again and boots as normal. Very odd behaviour in the meantime though.

Hi AaronX, there was some bug in the initial 9600 version but it should have been resolved. There will be a new version out soon and if you were to encounter same problem with the new version, do let us know so I could get the developers to do a further check.

Archived